Buy Suitcase, near Soi Nana

chiangrai

I am just about to fly to Bangkok and I see the zipper is going on my suitcase and I need to buy a new one. 

I was only planning to stay overnight in Bangkok and will be staying in Sucomvit,soi 4.

I don't, the know Bangkok at all but now I have to go buy a suitcase while I'm there. What is the nearest place I can go to by taxi that will have a large cheap suitcase. 

I don't, the want to have to figure out the sky train,just hotel, taxi and shop. 

What do I tell the taxi driver. 

MBK is cheap but it's really far from where you're staying. I can't guarantee it's still there but there's been a popup tent thing outside of Robinsons/Mc Donalds in Asoke selling suitcases the last few weeks. You may want to look there first. You can tell the Taxi Robinsons, if that provokes a "huh?" You can say BTS Asoke or Mc Donalds Asoke.. failing that say Terminal 21 and walk back a little. Look out for Mc D/ white tents etc. on the left side (driving side) of the road.

Just now, holy cow cm said:

Right on the corner of Soi 4 Nana and Sukhumvit next to the police box. Bought a suitcase from there many years ago and you just need to negotiate lowest price. Saves time and effort.

This is nearest to you and within easy walking distance.

If they dont have what you want/like, cross the main road and walk right, there are a few shops on the left side that will have more of them.

Maybe too late but if you didn't find a suitable suitecase around Nana, then go to Big-C, just down from Central World.  Exit Chit Lom BTS and take the walkway.

I've consistently found the best deals on inexpensive suitcases at Big-C.  

Archived