BANGKOK
ignis

Clock Time all over the place

Been happening for some months, so change the Motherboard battery 2 week ago..  still the same...

eg @ 06:15 this morning the time on PC said 10:30, now is 10:15 and the PC clock says it is 01:55............ Yes it is set to Bangkok time zone.... Yes many times I have change the clock in settings to correct time, sometimes this will keep the correct time all day, other days will be slow or be in front, date is always correct..

Any ideas why ? what to do ?

Perhaps some software changes it? If the bios battery works and windows can connect to a time server (you can try to force a sync) and it still gets changed then perhaps a software changes it - can be something running in the foreground or background. 

Just now, Beggar said:

Perhaps some software changes it? If the bios battery works and windows can connect to a time server (you can try to force a sync) and it still gets changed then perhaps a software changes it - can be something running in the foreground or background. 

No idea.......... Moved the clock in the room so can see it from PC  ..  it is now 11:15, the PC says it is 03:58.  so in 1 hour the PC clock has gained yet another hour.

If you don't need the PC start the PC and try to get into the bios. Set the correct time and leave the bios and without going into windows switch it off. Next time when you start it check first if the time in the bios is still correct before windows is started. So you know if the board creates the time problem or not. Also try to force in windows the update of the time from a time server. Perhaps a firewall blocks this. And the next thing would be to find out which software creates perhaps this problem. 

56 minutes ago, Beggar said:

If you don't need the PC start the PC and try to get into the bios. Set the correct time and leave the bios and without going into windows switch it off. Next time when you start it check first if the time in the bios is still correct before windows is started. So you know if the board creates the time problem or not. Also try to force in windows the update of the time from a time server. Perhaps a firewall blocks this. And the next thing would be to find out which software creates perhaps this problem. 

Looked in the Bios, the time is not correct + the date says 14/01/2014....  ??  I need to change that ?

10 hours ago, ignis said:

Looked in the Bios, the time is not correct + the date says 14/01/2014....  ??  I need to change that ?

Yes

On 7/18/2019 at 7:24 AM, Beggar said:

Yes

Many thanks..

Spent the last 3 hours trying, well got it off 2014 and is 2019 but no matter how many times I try it will always reset to Friday 19 July 2019...........  well now say's 00:05 on 20 July 2019.. maybe changed 30 + times to Thursday 18 !!!  Help ? 

any idea what this could mean ? AMD Motherboard and FX CPU are old, real old at least 11 years old.... cannot remember when I built this PC. [Believe Window 8 was new, upgraded long ago to Win 10]

Rest is up to date, new case [ AZZA 10 fans] about 3 months old + added new CPU paste and new CPU Cooler, + gave all a good clean  - Thermaltake  850 PSU,  I put in about 6 months ago and a new Graphics card about a year ago...  Got a new deal from TRUE so from yesterday now have 300/100 fiber.. 

Any advice or help please

Posted (edited)

Does it reset when you don't go into windows already and stay only on bios level or later when windows is started? Don't worry we will find a fix in the worst case using the internet and an atomic clock. But first we should look on your local PC level if we can fix anything there. If it changes in windows check the time zone again and try to force an update using a time server there. 

Edited by Beggar

14 minutes ago, Beggar said:

Does it reset when you don't go into windows already and stay only on bios level or later when windows is started? Don't worry we will find a fix in the worst case using the internet and an atomic clock. But first we should look on your local PC level if we can fix anything there. If it changes in windows check the time zone again and try to force an update using a time server there. 

Many thanks

Synchronize your time, tap on sync now.  DONE

Yes so far appears to work and the PC clock now say's 13:10  18/7/2019

I put this topic on follow for me just in case if problems start again. Good luck. 

Up date:  nothing much changed, but found out that every evening when shutting down to go to bed... Then in the morning PC starts at that shutting down time............  eg: start up at 6 am, PC clock shows 22:15 the night before date... Yes I always go to bed around 10 pm..

Synchronize time every morning.................. any help as to why ? or what to do to fix

Posted (edited)
On 7/20/2019 at 1:54 PM, ignis said:

Up date:  nothing much changed, but found out that every evening when shutting down to go to bed... Then in the morning PC starts at that shutting down time............  eg: start up at 6 am, PC clock shows 22:15 the night before date... Yes I always go to bed around 10 pm..

Synchronize time every morning.................. any help as to why ? or what to do to fix

Hi ignis,

Assuming you got your BIOS time corrected, I would suggest you go into Services and change Windows Time service from the default manual to automatic startup type and see if this makes a difference. To do this (one of many ways) press Windows key + r, type services.msc and scroll down to Windows Time. You should see something like this:

time-1.jpg.cd3af88254fae6f77dc49db532a043fa.jpg

If you double-click on the Windows Time line, you should get the next box open. (Alternately you can right-click and click on Properties) 

time-2.jpg.8a617f14e87a2d390d4a6a9cad49b79c.jpg

On the startup type click on the down arrow and select Automatic and then apply. If the service isn't started, click Start and then OK. NOTE: this will likely show as Automatic (Trigger start); this is OK.

If this doesn't make any difference, I would run sfc.exe (System File Checker) to make sure there are no corrupt system files. (Windows key + r, type sfc.exe)

Last thing i would try would be to setup a new user profile (with admin rights) and test the time from that profile. Hope that will help a bit.

Edited by chrisinth

15 hours ago, chrisinth said:

Hi ignis,

Assuming you got your BIOS time corrected, I would suggest you go into Services and change Windows Time service from the default manual to automatic startup type and see if this makes a difference. To do this (one of many ways) press Windows key + r, type services.msc and scroll down to Windows Time. You should see something like this:

time-1.jpg.cd3af88254fae6f77dc49db532a043fa.jpg

If you double-click on the Windows Time line, you should get the next box open. (Alternately you can right-click and click on Properties) 

time-2.jpg.8a617f14e87a2d390d4a6a9cad49b79c.jpg

On the startup type click on the down arrow and select Automatic and then apply. If the service isn't started, click Start and then OK. NOTE: this will likely show as Automatic (Trigger start); this is OK.

If this doesn't make any difference, I would run sfc.exe (System File Checker) to make sure there are no corrupt system files. (Windows key + r, type sfc.exe)

Last thing i would try would be to setup a new user profile (with admin rights) and test the time from that profile. Hope that will help a bit.

Many thanks

'you got your BIOS time corrected'  well at long last maybe -- this morning the Year and Month were correct, and only 1 hour slow, so adjusted that again, so will see.  at least is is not 5 years out now, or 2 days ahead. before changing this was OK for the day but on restart would change itself..

Getting a habit in the mornings to go into BIOS... this morning date and year correct but 4 hours 45 mins behind..  ?  

Accident on the main road, all companies repairing the lines since 7:30 this morning [got message on mobile] ..  Internet just come back on...  the clock is now only 1 hour 20 mins behind..

Are you sure the new battery you put in was a good one?