Group of Indians and Ethiopians deemed not genuine tourists - denied entry by immigration

Jonathan Fairfield

Group of Indians and Ethiopians deemed not genuine tourists - denied entry by immigration

n0.jpg

Image: Naew Na

Immigration police at Suvarnabhumi airport denied entry to 12 Indians and 3 Ethiopians trying to get into the country on Monday.

They were clearly not tourists and threatened the kingdom with losses and potential damage to society, reported Naew Na. 

They were found to have neither money nor insurance contravening a swathe of immigration regulations.

They were all denied entry and sent back to their home countries. 

It's not clear why this particular incident was reported by Thai media.

It's not uncommon for an immigration official to deny entry to someone who they believe is not a genuine tourist.

If an immigration official suspects someone may not be a genuine tourist they will often ask them to show they have enough funds to support their stay in Thailand, as well asking for proof of a hotel booking and onward travel. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-17

17 minutes ago, Seismic said:

What immigration regulation is contravened by tourists not having insurance ??

You don't really have to have any particular immigration laws to use your discretions and training to spot people who are not genuine in their respective intentions when entering a country and it's the same in every country around the world...

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

You don't really have to have any particular immigration laws to use your discretions and training to spot people who are not genuine in their respective intentions when entering a country and it's the same in every country around the world...

So, what does your answer have to do with the question I asked ???

2 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

It's not clear why this particular incident was reported by Thai media

In my POV. The immigration is only publicizing his job. This is not news.... 

They were clearly not tourists and threatened the kingdom with losses and potential damage to society, reported Naew Na.  impossible to damage the irreparable 

They were found to have neither money nor insurance contravening a swathe of immigration regulations.  The swathe of regulations including wrong colour more like???? 

2 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

One day proclaiming that the Indians will save tourism, the next not letting them in..... classic 

It was RICH Indians they wanted !, not the genuine ones !!!

This is frightening. Purely subjective to the mood of the IO that day. What if they wanted to stay with a friend for a day or two. That doesn't require any major luggage, nor a lot of money. And news of the way Thai officials apply rules willy nilly will circulate and tourism WILL suffer. How much is an unknown, but ANY loss right now should be unacceptable. Som nom na, Thailand.

5 hours ago, Seismic said:

What immigration regulation is contravened by tourists not having insurance ??

The new O-A visa requires a health insurance before entering Thailand..

The O-A visa is sourced from The Thai embassy in your home country prior to travel.

However this post doesn't say what length of entry they were asking for.. 

6 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

They were clearly not tourists and threatened the kingdom with losses and potential damage to society, reported Naew Na.  impossible to damage the irreparable 

They were found to have neither money nor insurance contravening a swathe of immigration regulations.  The swathe of regulations including wrong colour more like???? 

Why do you think colour has anything to do with it ???? many Thais are dark too.  You obviously don't know much about Indian people.

10 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

They were found to have neither money nor insurance contravening a swathe of immigration regulations.

We all know that the IO"s do not even ask to see the money and often they even refuse to see the money and then refuse people entry for not having enough money .

Why do posters think that this case would be different ?

I think it's a great idea, catch them now, it will save them getting caught on overstay in 10 years time.

I think we will all see more checks at arrival, I always have my itinerary printed out, return flight, hotels, etc, valid Bupa insurance (even though I'm just on a 30 day visa exempt) this will save me doing a Go Fund Me if anything happens), and I always have my divorce certificate and a legalised (translated) copy of my sons (who I'm there to visit for the first week) birth certificate, and my Kasikorn Bank card/book, and cash.  I'm taking no chances, as I'm there every 10 weeks, would hate to get turned away, my son would be so upset.

11 hours ago, reefsurfah said:

Sure that's an oxymoron, Thailand has finally woken up to these so called tourists that add no value.

You think RICH Indians is any oxymoron???  You should get out more.

10 hours ago, hotchilli said:

The new O-A visa requires a health insurance before entering Thailand..

The O-A visa is sourced from The Thai embassy in your home country prior to travel.

However this post doesn't say what length of entry they were asking for.. 

Requires?  Are you sure about that?  I didn't see that on the books yet nor see how one would get that in advance.  And if these were tourists, I would not be expecting them to be getting O-A visas, but just either Visa exempt, or visas on arrival or SETVs. 

Archived