Jump to content
BANGKOK 19 August 2019 00:51
Lemonlime

How do I get an Ed visa if I sign up for a language course OTHER than Thai?

Recommended Posts

Just wondering... Can I get one??Or am I supposed to ask them for documents?? 

Ok, if the school is registered like for example goethe institute?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It depends on your nationality.

You should consult with one of the bigger language schools in your city, because which language you can study depends on the province and nationality.

E.g. foreigners, who are not native English can "study" English in CM, but Bangkok does not allow that.

I also saw different languages depending on the province, e.g. Pattaya or CM do offer different languages, even with the same school.

Chinese and others are on offer too, but you might need to really study, otherwise if Immigration climate changes, they could quickly see you did not.

Edited by cerox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need supporting documents from the school and the Education Ministry to apply for a non-ed visa.

You can study anything as long as you can get the required supporting documents.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You need supporting documents from the school and the Education Ministry to apply for a non-ed visa.

You can study anything as long as you can get the required supporting documents.

I don't understand, normally the school can only give me the prove that I registered 

then how do I get the document from the ed ministry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cerox said:

It depends on your nationality.

You should consult with one of the bigger language schools in your city, because which language you can study depends on the province and nationality.

 E.g. foreigners, who are not native English can "study" English in CM, but Bangkok does not allow that.

 I also saw different languages depending on the province, e.g. Pattaya or CM do offer different languages, even with the same school.

Chinese and others are on offer too, but you might need to really study, otherwise if Immigration climate changes, they could quickly see you did not.

I really want to study in Chiangmai, first Thai then something else 0.0

However I don't see many languages offered there... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Lemonlime said:

I don't understand, normally the school can only give me the prove that I registered 

then how do I get the document from the ed ministry?

It is the schools responsibility to provide all the supporting documents if they are promoting that they can support a non-ed visa application.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is the schools responsibility to provide all the supporting documents if they are promoting that they can support a non-ed visa application.

what is the difference between non ed visa and ed visa?

1 school told me that they can only give me the document showing that I enrolled the course>< 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lemonlime said:

what is the difference between non ed visa and ed visa?

It is just that people leave the non part out when they say ed visa. The non means it is a non immigrant ED visa.

 

7 minutes ago, Lemonlime said:

1 school told me that they can only give me the document showing that I enrolled the course

Perhaps that is due them not being registered with the Education Ministry or have not had their curriculum approved for the course of study by it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is just that people leave the non part out when they say ed visa. The non means it is a non immigrant ED visa.

 

Perhaps that is due them not being registered with the Education Ministry or have not had their curriculum approved for the course of study by it.

 

Take the pressure off and buy the elite visa for 500,000 baht and you can study anything you want anywhere in Thailand for 5 years.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Take the pressure off and buy the elite visa for 500,000 baht and you can study anything you want anywhere in Thailand for 5 years.

Yeah, that is probably what all people that wish to study want to do.

I actually thought that the visa section in this forum was for good advice, but I guess I have to reconsider.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lemonlime said:

what is the difference between non ed visa and ed visa?

1 school told me that they can only give me the document showing that I enrolled the course>< 

You do understand that simply 'doing a language course' doesnt automatically qualify you for an ED visa. 

It has to be a specialist school, with a course approved by the education ministry, who will then have / know all the correct documents. Its not just 'sign up for a language course and bring the receipt'.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yeah, that is probably what all people that wish to study want to do.

I actually thought that the visa section in this forum was for good advice, but I guess I have to reconsider.

Just my opinion. If you want to study Thai there will be no better place to do it.

If you want to study Italian then surely Italy would be the best place.

In both places you will be surrounded by native speakers.

I certainly wouldn't come to Thailand to study French or any other western language, what would be the point?

Where in Thailand learning let's say German, would you be exposed to the variations of accents, very different going from north to south Germany.

In Thailand 500,000 baht for total immersion in Thai for 5 years is a bargain. You would be speaking, reading and writing Thai like a native.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Just my opinion. If you want to study Thai there will be no better place to do it.

If you want to study Italian then surely Italy would be the best place.

In both places you will be surrounded by native speakers.

I certainly wouldn't come to Thailand to study French or any other western language, what would be the point?

Where in Thailand learning let's say German, would you be exposed to the variations of accents, very different going from north to south Germany.

In Thailand 500,000 baht for total immersion in Thai for 5 years is a bargain. You would be speaking, reading and writing Thai like a native.

Yeah, sure! What was it after that? Did you wake up, or did you take a cold shower?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OP, are you aware that the cost of ed visa path is not that cheap and does require specified attendance levels. Not suggesting that you don't plan to attend....just mention it as sounds like your first time thinking about a non O ed visa.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...