Another FLR-M Question

Hi all

After advice as to how best approach the following situation;

My wife completed her FLR-M online application (along with paying for NHS Surcharge etc.) on 29 June 2019.  We booked her Biometrics appointment at the Brighton UKVCAS centre for today (17th July).  Unfortunately we had to cancel today's appointment at the weekend as our first child arrived nearly 2 weeks early (he was due 24th July).  We are back at home now and all ok with the baby - next thing to do is re-book the appointment.

However, at the time of doing out the online Visa Form, we filled it out as 'no non-applying children', as we didn't have any children at that point.  Now that the little one has been born, we of course now have one non-applying child.  As the visa form can not be amended after it is completed/submitted, what do you feel the best approach is?

I was thinking to just do a covering letter with the rest of the UKVCAS uploads, explaining the situation and declaring that we now have 'one non applying child'.  Also, will his birth certificate be required as evidence?

Thoughts and/or advise would be grateful appreciated.

That's the problem with the computer application. You have to input all of your information to find out the documents that are required. It might be worth creating a new application to see if there are any additional documents are needed but I bet that you do need your new baby's birth certificate.

I have no idea what the implications of cancelling an appointment for FLR are. How did you cancel or did you postpone? Presumably you cancelled the appointment and not the visa? When does your wife's existing visa expire? My guess is that Sopra Steria themselves won’t have a clue because your circumstances are quite unusual. I created a sponsor letter for my wife's recent FLR using the new system with a "map" to all of the documents that I supplied and I would put the new baby info at the top of the letter. I scanned everything myself to upload so I named the PDF - "Please Read - Sponsor's covering letter".

Congratulations on the baby!

Many thanks.

To cancel, I just logged into the Spora Steria website and clicked 'cancel appointment'.  I have now re-booked a new appointment for the first week in August.  Thankfully, the visa doesn't expire until September so no issues there.

I think as you say, the best thing to do is create a sponsor letter which fully explains the situation/draws attention to the baby situation.  I am going to get a birth certificate this week/early next so will definitely include that.

Many thanks

You applied really early for this FLR visa if her current visa expires in September. Any reason for this?

When it comes to applying for ILR she must have been living in the UK for a full five years and I mean, not a day or two short.

Archived