Looking for a different beach.

humdrumdays

Hi have been to Phuket a few times and looking for a different beach to stay at next time. As usual will stay a couple of nights in Phuket town (like it very much).

Like quiet beaches for family holiday with wife and kids 10 and 12.

Have previously stayed at Kamala, Surin, Cape Panwa, Nai Harn and Ya nui. Liked Ni Harn but too many Russians.

any help? thanks

Just go to Bangtao beach (Laguna (middle) Section) and your family will thank you for it. Stay at any Laguna Hotel, (Angsana, Cassia etc) or any cheaper one of the new hotels in the area. Plenty  of bargain room rates until November. Fantastic restaurants and kids club activities all around.

Can't remember the name, but there is a beach on the south side of the Panwa peninsula. It's where the Phuket Yacht Club (oldest in Phuket) is based. Safe swimming all year round and hardly any people, Just down the road from Phuket Town.

I'm sure one of the Phuket forum regulars will know the name. Much better view than the West coast, too.

9 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Can't remember the name, but there is a beach on the south side of the Panwa peninsula. It's where the Phuket Yacht Club (oldest in Phuket) is based. Safe swimming all year round and hardly any people, Just down the road from Phuket Town.

I'm sure one of the Phuket forum regulars will know the name. Much better view than the West coast, too.

Ao Yon Beach? There's a reason that there's not many people at that beach.

Kata is nice, Russians are everywhere, might be difficult if not impossible to find a beach without them, good luck!

Hi have been to Phuket a few times and looking for a different beach to stay at next time. As usual will stay a couple of nights in Phuket town (like it very much).
Like quiet beaches for family holiday with wife and kids 10 and 12.
Have previously stayed at Kamala, Surin, Cape Panwa, Nai Harn and Ya nui. Liked Ni Harn but too many Russians.
any help? thanks

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Naithon Beach.  10 minute drive from the airport, only one large hotel (Pullman), a couple of smaller condo developments.  Beach is normally pretty quiet.  Hotel gets a lot of Chinese package tourists but they all seem to disappear on tours during the day.  The few beachgoers seem to be Chinese and Russians.

8 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Seems there are two Ao Yon beaches.

http://www.phuket.com/island/ao-yon-beach.htm

Yes, I know - I have written about them too on my website; none of them resemble a beautiful tropical beach. Maybe the OP should consider getting off Phuket, as some have suggested; Koh Lanta and Khao Lak are nice, family friendly places; both with several beaches to choose from. From Khao Lak you can go on a tour to Khao Sok National Park.

1 hour ago, KamnanT said:

Naithon Beach.  10 minute drive from the airport, only one large hotel (Pullman), a couple of smaller condo developments.  Beach is normally pretty quiet.  Hotel gets a lot of Chinese package tourists but they all seem to disappear on tours during the day.  The few beachgoers seem to be Chinese and Russians.

Yes, nice beach (in season) , but there's nothing to do there except parade up and down the fruit stalls along the (only) road together with the masses of Russians, who now "own" Naithon Beach..

Koh Phi phi is not what it used to be for the last 10 years.. however.. I see your point..I would rather take the public 700HP speed boat for 200 baht out to koh yao noi. That island has frozen in time in the 50`s. Very nice...

Also.. Koh ma prao..

On the island itself.. Maybe Ao Sane...close to nai harn.., maybe Ya nui beach same area. East side is not so recommendable for swimming since it is shallow and rocky. However.. Its great for eating and relaxing.

Take a private boat out to egg island.. or koh Kai nok.

Just something I remembered now.. You might have tried it already..

1 hour ago, farang51 said:

Yes, I know - I have written about them too on my website; none of them resemble a beautiful tropical beach. Maybe the OP should consider getting off Phuket, as some have suggested; Koh Lanta and Khao Lak are nice, family friendly places; both with several beaches to choose from. From Khao Lak you can go on a tour to Khao Sok National Park.

Agree with you re Koh Lanta,especially for families. The Sam lor (3 wheel motorcycle taxis ) are reasonable and plentiful as is hiring car/ scooter. Klong Dao beach has plenty of beach restaurants and the Indian Bar and 5 minutes from Saladan town. I know a good hotel i always use if that is of interest.

13 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Seems there are two Ao Yon beaches.

http://www.phuket.com/island/ao-yon-beach.htm

The southern beach is the nicer of the two beaches. The other is very shallow and not very nice.

i lived for three years right on the south Ao Yon beach a 100 feet from the water. A nice beach for kids and very safe for swimming. Not very many Russians. On a busy day maybe forty people on the beach. Also around fifteen minutes from Phuket Town. Good choice of hotels and Airbnb's.

42 minutes ago, Mansell said:

The southern beach is the nicer of the two beaches. The other is very shallow and not very nice.

i lived for three years right on the south Ao Yon beach a 100 feet from the water. A nice beach for kids and very safe for swimming. Not very many Russians. On a busy day maybe forty people on the beach. Also around fifteen minutes from Phuket Town. Good choice of hotels and Airbnb's.

It is the only half-decent beach near to the south east coast, if one wants to stay in the south east area of phuket.

However, it is a relatively very small beach, with normally stagnant water, which may or may not be appealing to some.

Archived