Pattaya vs Hua Hin Condo Prices

AAArdvark

Next year I will be looking to relocate to some place near the coast.  I kind of wanted to move to Hua Hin and I am ok with the somewhat subdued nightlife there.  However, doing a cursory condo rental search, it appears that Pattaya condos are somewhat more affordable than Hua Hin.  I am single, and hope to still be so by next year, so I kind of want to be relatively near the night life. I don't really care about the beach and I can spend up to <25K.

So a couple of questions: Does my thoughts on prices appear to be true?  Does an address in Chonbury or Jomtien still contain the name Pattaya in it? (don't ask)

15 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

Does my thoughts on prices appear to be true? 

yes

16 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

so I kind of want to be relatively near the night life.

with a few exceptions you are going to be at least a 10 minute drive away.

18 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

I can spend up to <25K. 

you should be ok. can get a small house for that.

19 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

so I kind of want to be relatively near the night life.

i can send you her name and number. :shock1: after about three months you will be crawling the walls to get back to Pattaya if you are looking for night life. It is horrible here. Bluport mall is nice. No over the water sunsets like in Pattaya. No shopping. Very little people watching. No working girl vibe in the malls and shops. I watch them building the new train. :coffee1:

and remember Hua Hin is a very small town, everybody knows everybody and their business. Like a big collage campus.

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

yes

with a few exceptions you are going to be at least a 10 minute drive away.

you should be ok. can get a small house for that.

Thank, No driving.  I rely on foot or Grab.

it seems like in most places a small house is less expensive than a condo.  Being single, I much prefer a condo.  And, living in a condo increases the ability to stay single.

41 minutes ago, RoadWarrior371 said:

My getaway Condo is in Pratumnak, and the street\mailing address does not contain Pattaya.  Me thinks you would be bored in Hua Hin. 

Does Hua Hin have beer and at least 3 ladies under the age of 50?

a friend just sold his house at a trendy part of HH, and is in a pretty nice condo.  he says it is 30% occupied tops, and is enjoying the neck out of the quiet pool.  I went a few weeks ago, and it really kind of sucked.  some really gross <deleted> flowing into the beaches.  Didn't have a meal that was anywhere near inspiring.  He ate at the same place for 15 years and the lady is retiring, and the western places cater to the scandie high season visitors and lose money the other 10 months per year.  There are whole resorts sitting empty, and starting is a big problem, if they ever do open.  

He said he was considering a condo for under 4 million that someone paid 6+ for only a couple of years ago, but was not enthusiastic about that, either.

My apartment/condo is in Jomtien and the postal address only contains Nongprue, Banglamung and Chonburi.

Jomtien is a buyers/renters market at the moment. You will find a nice place with pool, gym and easy access to nightlife in Patts (15 minutes) for no more than 10k.

There's a huge variety of condos to buy or rent in Pattaya, at all different price ranges.  And, the nice thing is there are also a variety of neighborhoods, as well.  My partner and I have lived in south Jomtien beach, more central Jomtien beach by Jomtien Complex, Pratamnak, south Pattaya, north Pattaya, and Wong Amat.  We haven't lived in Cosy Beach but that is yet another area.  

If you decide on Pattaya, my suggestion would be to rent somewhere for a month or so and do some exploring of what area you might like best based on your lifestyle and interests.  Hipflat is a good resource to use.  Click on 'Condo Directory', then 'Condo Projects in Pattaya'.  A list of districts comes up and you can select, say, North Pattaya and a list of condo projects comes up.  Select a project and it will show you what is for sale and rent, with photos and features of each project.  Can be a good place to start to get some idea of what is available.  Good luck.

I stayed 2 years the winter through in a  beautiful condo , Hua Hin, but the pool was in the shade and always freezing. Won’t do that again, anywhere. The beach there’ is awful, so is’Pattaya and Jomtien.  the shopping  wasn’t enough for me in Hua Hin. In Pattaya it’s spoilt for choice. Lots of things to do. I’m a single lady and got bored In Hua  Hin. I stay in Jomtien where there are plenty nice cheap condos and a market or two. Near to Pattaya . I would love to live in Pratumnak, but unfortunately there is no Baht bus route there .

19 hours ago, RoadWarrior371 said:

My getaway Condo is in Pratumnak, and the street\mailing address does not contain Pattaya.  Me thinks you would be bored in Hua Hin. 

If you are single and fancy a dalliance with a worker in a bar, I think some place easy to get to from the bar that allows the worker an easy and quick return to the bar is something to keep in mind.

I’m surprised at the comments about hua hin. That magazine that you can download every month off tv makes it sound like it’s all great. 

As for getting some action - I would keep your residential address separate from those activities. Last thing you need is anyone coming back to your place causing any problems. For those nights I’d just get a cheap hotel. 

If your not a elderly Scandinavian who only speaks halting English yow will not be allowed to live in HH......

But seriously with 25k a month you can have your pick of the litter of almost any house/or condo you want in Pattaya.....

4 hours ago, fforest1 said:

If your not a elderly Scandinavian who only speaks halting English yow will not be allowed to live in HH......

But seriously with 25k a month you can have your pick of the litter of almost any house/or condo you want in Pattaya.....

Unfortunately, "elderly Scandinavians" often speak better English than native speakers do.

On 7/17/2019 at 8:03 PM, NCC1701A said:

i can send you her name and number. :shock1: after about three months you will be crawling the walls to get back to Pattaya if you are looking for night life. It is horrible here. Bluport mall is nice. No over the water sunsets like in Pattaya. No shopping. Very little people watching. No working girl vibe in the malls and shops. I watch them building the new train. :coffee1:

and remember Hua Hin is a very small town, everybody knows everybody and their business. Like a big collage campus.

How about the over built concrete boxes, water pollution, high restaurant prices, Bangkonians causing unbearable traffic jams on the weekends.

HH ain't Nirvana and pristine. Sorry folks.

57 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

So it seems that the consensus is that HH sucks while Pattaya sucks but it different ways but is cheaper and less boring.

if you just want no real problems with traffic (there is traffic but not like Pattaya or BKK), go to the mall for groceries, stay home watch movies, maybe go for a walk or bike around, then Hua Hin is for you. But after one six months there is nothing new to see. You can't be anonymous. 

That is why every other month I leave for one to four weeks.

Archived