Where do I find the right Gasoline for my Moped?

4 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

How would I find out if certain gasoline, or gasohol contains methanol?

I'm quite sure they always use Ethanol (also in gasohol 91 and 95), thus the name E20 and E85 (E = Ethanol).

If you want to check how much Ethanol the gasohol really contains:

But i would expect that it will be 10% as advertised.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Replacing or adjusting (sometimes you have adjustable nozzles) carburetor nozzles wouldnt help? For 87 octane (normal) you have probably bigger nozzles, but if you go up in octane you would need smaller ones, as there is more octane in it.

You ever tried the E85 then?

His engine per the manufacturers specs warns that it can't take E85, why would he try that?

BTW there is not more octane in the fuel. Octane is not some "thing" but just a rating as to how much pressure the fuel can withstand before igniting without a spark.

Jesus.

Guys guys guys.

Everyone inc the OP is overthinking this.
His bike is running fine on E91.

Lovely.

Jubbly.

2 hours ago, jackdd said:

How would I find out if certain gasoline, or gasohol contains methanol?

No.

Just stop it.

We are not even going there.

Methanol - yeah i used to run it my drag bike because it could handle 14:1 CR, rather than 12:1 with AvGas. No, don't even start with Aviation fuel and 105 octane.

Jeez.

We have already established that Benzine 95 is petrol, gas etc etc.

We have also established that E95 and E91 is 10% Ethanol with those described octane ratings.

Your bike you quoted is currently running marvelously on E91.

Finito.

Everyone is happy.

Can we stop having further conspiracy theories.

Thankyou.

3 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

We have also established that E95 and E91 is 10% Ethanol with those described octane ratings.

Your bike you quoted is currently running marvelously on E91.

Damn and here I hoped we established that it's not E91 or E95 but Gasohol 91/95 (which is E10) ????

But yea, all good with Gasohol 91. If he's curious he can find out why it wouldn't like Benzine. Otherwise no action needed.

5 hours ago, ktm jeff said:

Kwasaki , I believe E20 has 95 RON octane rating , same same as E10 95 , just with 20% Ethanol. E85 may (?) have a higher RON rating , but can only be used in "Dual fuel" vehicles. There are RON , MON and AKI ratings. Thailand uses RON and Ethanol.   The OP,s bike , if used regular , will be fine with E10 91 or E10 95.  If there is a Shell garage nearby , i would use Shell V-power , which is said to maybe contain just 7 % Ethanol , and is RON rated at 95 octane.  Thank you (danke) eisfeld for the information. Every day is a school day. 

Thank you very much for your very informative post.

Unfortunately, did we have a Shell station, but it was replaced by a PTT a couple of years back.

Next time when I come to Ubon, I'll buy some fuel from Shell and give it a try.

As you said, every day is a school day and we never stop learning new things.

Also thanks a lot to the other posters who've spent some time writing their post. 

5 minutes ago, ktm jeff said:

^ Maybe old / stale / contaminated fuel. Either find a Benzine station with more turnover , so fresher fuel , or use E10 95/91. Or Shall V=Power.  

Thanks, Jeff. I'm pretty much okay with the 91 at Esso. Most motorbikes use that stuff, so at least it's fresh.

Have a great weekend! 

Archived