Opt Out of Politics on ThaiVisa

sfokevin

Opt Out of Politics on ThaiVisa  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I’ve been reading and posting on ThaiVisa for over 10 years. As a long term Expat I have enjoyed and relied of this forum for all things Thai – My morning coffee is shared with reading ThaiVisa. 

But it seems lately that the View New Content has a new post (Mainly News reposts from Webfact Admin) every day that is political and from outside Thailand – Examples like anything to do with US Politics, Donald Trump & Brexit… These for many of us are just divisive or not of any real interest… US politics in particular is very divisive and in the next two years will only get worse… I really don’t want to be a part of it…

It would be a simple matter of creating a subforum in the News forum called World Politics… Them code in a toggle that would allow users to go into their Account Settings and turn off any subforum (Like World Politics) so posts from that subforum will not appear in the View New Content…

ThaiVisa has been a great resource but like all social media it has its bad side and left unchecked things can get out of hand. I for one am considering all my social media resources and will be opting out of anything that poses a political view…

Edited by sfokevin
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

But it seems lately that the View New Content has a new post (Mainly News reposts from Webfact Admin) every day that is political and from outside Thailand – Examples like anything to do with US Politics, Donald Trump & Brexit… 

It would be a simple matter of creating a subforum in the News forum called World Politics…

Those topics of which you are talking about are posted in the World News Forum and this is why there is a World News forum:

If those topics do not interest you, you do not need to enter into the World News forum.  

//Closed//

• Like 2