Chikagunya aftermath

PJPom

At the start of June I felt a few aches which developed overnight into the most painful few days of my life. I am normally very fit and ride my bike for at least ten km. a day, I ignore the years and work on the assumption that I am O K for at least another few good years however some damned mossie got me and misery ensued.

I have never had an illness where every joint and muscle ached, my temperature was high and sweat poured out of me, time for the Doctor. I thought I had Dengue but it turned out to be Chikagunya, same type of virus and no answer apart from just treating the symptoms with tablets and waiting it out.

My reason for the post is to hear from any other victims as to their recovery, it is now six weeks and the first movements in the morning are still painful, my grip is weaker, my feet are still swollen slightly and I can sleep twelve hours a day given the chance. My daily bike ride is back and I try to walk at least two km every day but I am just wondering if it is going to linger or if it clears up, anyone got any info please. 

Archived