Apirat says his threat to opposition is fake news

snoop1130

By The Nation

800_16ab09202f7b033.jpg

Royal Thai Army commander-in-chief General Apirat Kongsompong

The Army chief declared on Wednesday that he has become a victim of fake news, as he denied ever issuing a threat against opposition parties.

Royal Thai Army commander-in-chief General Apirat Kongsompong said he had made no such threats or even commented on the upcoming parliamentary debate on the new government’s policies. 

Earlier, social-media users had shared a post depicting his image with the message: “A debate against the prime minister is like tripping up the country. If people with ill intentions cause chaos, I will have to do something for the country. Don’t force me to do it.”

General Apirat maintained on Wednesday that he has made no such remark. “Reporters who cover the [military] beat know that I’ve never said such a thing. It’s obviously fake news. Who will say such a thing?”

The Army chief also said he has made no politics related comments for a while now. 

"The NCPO [National Council for Peace and Order] does not have any duties,” he said, referring to the post-coup junta that has stopped existing since the new government – still led by General Prayut Chan-o-cha – was formed. 

Apirat said any debate involving the prime minister was a matter for the Parliament. 

"It's part of the political process in Parliament under a democratic system. Nobody can prevent it. Don't try to involve me in the matter," the Army chief said.

Opposition MPs are expected to grill Prayut and his Cabinet members during the parliamentary debate on the government’s policy statement next week.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30373133

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand  2019-07-17

9 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Royal Thai Army commander-in-chief General Apirat Kongsompong said he had made no such threats

My daddy Sunthorn Kongsompong had a coup in 1992 and now it's my turn. 

I want a coup and I want it now!

Apirat-Kongsompong.jpg

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

For the past five years threats have been the lifeblood of the Junta. Barely a day goes by that they're not threatening somebody about something. So in a way, the Lizard King is right. It's not it's not real news at all....it's just ops normal and another day in the animal farm.

3 hours ago, YetAnother said:

necessary skills here; playing the victim and denying

Dominance and control, power play, intimidation or unreasonable consequences are important tools to back up these tactics.

Every soldier knows this. It's a shame that Thai schools wouldn't be allowed to teach the fundamental reason that Government and Military power should not be mixed up.

Archived