Visiting Visa to Canada for Thai citizen

Is the application for your girlfriend? Wife? Are you Canadian? Where do you reside?

In my opinion, the Canada application (for my thai girlfriend) was very difficult; more so than the UK or USA - and they're certainly no walk in the park

27 minutes ago, EddyR said:

It for a friend,  she would like to come to Canada for 10 days to travel through the Rockies together. Mutual friends.  I'm Canadian.  

Thank you for the info.

Because you are Canadian and, I assume, residing in Canada, this will make it harder for your friend to be granted a visa compared to, say, if you were not Canadian and resided in Thailand. This may raise red flags that your friend's intention is to stay in Canada.

Your friend will have to convince the decision maker that she is likely return to Thailand before her visa expires.

8 hours ago, EddyR said:

Thx for the info. Yes, she has a business in Bangkok so hopefully that would be enough to convince.  

Kind regards

Ed

She need to show that she have to come back for her business,and if she own a house or a condo it's even better,and take all the paper to show that she have a good living in Thailand...

The wife visited 2 times before we were married and 3 times after and it was pretty painless each time.

As mentioned above, she needs to convince the people at the embassy that she will return to Thailand.

That means she needs to show ties to the country, business, work, family, assets etc.

With the gf (wife) she showed an employment letter and a letter from her GM. Showed her bank info. I wrote an invitation letter with an itinerary.

Not interview required, visa approved in 3days.

Heck the last time we applied (before we applied for her PR) they approved her visitors visa the same day.

Archived