Thinking about making the move!

Hey guys i am new here! I am a UK citizen currently living in Spain. I have been to Thailand many many times and i think in the next year i am going to move over there. Now this question may not be appropriate for this sub forum as i have a few but if any one can point me in the right direction i would massively appreciate it!

So my current situation is i work remotely for a UK company so income is stable and meets the minimum requirements for entry to thailand. 

What would be the best option regarding visa? As i would plan on being there for a fair bit of time. Most people have suggested doing visa runs but i am worried about that incase for whatever reason i don't get let back in.

also with regards to property what would a letting agent or home owner look for in regards to documentation (visa? proof of earnings? work contracts, bank statements etc?) And could any one direct me to a good website where i can view property for rent?

How easy is it to set up a bank account in Thailand? What would i need to bring to open one up.

Sorry if the questions are too broad but i would appreciate any answers Thanks!

I will have a crack at few of your questions. Thai visa forum is a good start. Always listen to the experts such as ubonjoe and others. The important thing  is your age. If over 50 then I would personally apply for a non O-A visa. You will get 2 years out of that and can look at options. Many threads on obtain non o based on retirement and then apply for annual extensions. 

Also threads on opening bank ac.

With the O-A you can show funds in UK bank. Nice deal. Welcome to Thailand retire. 

If under 50 there is pretty much only couple of options. Good but not cheap

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

a lot of people will be along in a few minutes to tell you not to come. "Its so over. you are too late. they hate us. impossible. you will be killed."

ahah never a truer word said! i have had nothing but amazing and warm hospitality in Thai. Hence the reason i choose to move there!

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, pt1001 said:

Hi thanks for your response. I am still only the tender age of 29 haha and i would technically be working as a one of those "digital nomad" s i don't mind leaving the country every 30 or 60 days to get a new stamp but if there are other options...

Visa runs are not an option anymore. Opening a bank account is usually easy. Renting places is easy. There may be 6 month visa available.  Group your seperate questions in the relevant forums.

1 minute ago, mike787 said:

Watch out for streets...you are a target, your life has less value than a bug when it hits the windshield.   Good luck with immigrations.

im not sure what you mean by that?

1 minute ago, pt1001 said:

Sorry, I was trying to be too brief rather than ramble.  I am giving you advice, pedestrians have NO value/rights here.  Understand Thailand has one of the highest intenrnational road fatalities, so be very careful on or near a road.  As for immigration, it's a circus of hoop jumping and guessing.   As one post said, come as a tourist and do not work because you risk violating your visa.

Well thats the plan really i dont have intentions of telling people i work i just want to come here as a "permanent tourist" i dont care what loopholes i need to jump through to do it...aslong as i dont get busted... managed 5 years in spain under the radar but i need to know the ins and outs.... (i am genuinely an upstanding member of society) hahaha and  i know the risks of thai roads iv almost been knocked down about 20 times in my last 10 visits...but my Hilux avoidance ninja EXP has gone up exponentially 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, pt1001 said:

Disregard mike787. That comment is rubbish. As in every country you always need to be carefully. I live bkk 7 yrs. I Feel much safer here than my own country AU. And that's a pretty safe joint. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pt1001 said:

i know it's not spain hence why i am on here asking for help and advice? what the fakkkkkkk are you nuts boyo?

Read all my posts. Several very positive. Then you post all your experience in los. You should by now know your visa options living in los. Very limited for young person. So please remind forum what your asking. 

How to remain los ongoing??

You have Thai elite. You can invest 10mill in new property etc etc.

You could get a job obtain non o b. But your a "digital nomad" so that's not an option.

What are your ideas frequent traveler to Thailand?

• Like 2