Shambolic first retirement in LOS

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 5:42 AM, Peckerhead said:

Mistake 1 - stayed in a hotel for 5 months made no effort to find a place to make a bit more homely for myself. Ate out all of the time.

Mistake 2 - Went on holiday mode for 5 months, out every night partying, hanging out with bar flies, heroes and blokes that would shag a frog in mid flight.

Mistake 3 - Did not get an independent mode of transport for myself.

Mistake 4 - She was a lovely girl, honest she was - spoken and written English and a good sense of humour, own car and house. However she could tell lies on her in breath and in her sleep.    

1. I stayed in an hotel for over a year. Brilliant.

2. Retired, got money, why not?

3. Probably saved your life. Not needed most places in LOS.

4. That was your one and only mistake.

Learn to be independent   Rent a codo or house, cook for yourself , watch box sets, read books, do keep fit, carry on partying till you cant, follow a hobby you enjoy, forget your own car or bike if you live in a city, travel off the grid- explore Issan or the South. If a chick speaks english, has her own car and house...RED FLAG.

On 7/18/2019 at 12:21 PM, Orton Rd said:

If you are only interested in shagging and drinking Thailand eventually becomes very boring, and ultimately a depressing place to be long term

I never found that to be the case although I'm only in my 70's and have only lived in Thailand for 20 years.  Maybe later it will hit. 

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 5:21 PM, Orton Rd said:

If you are only interested in shagging and drinking Thailand eventually becomes very boring, and ultimately a depressing place to be long term

I just can't imagine how shagging could ever become boring, but I guess that's down to the shagger, or perhaps choosing the wrong shagee.

I can't imagine anything better than waking up to the sound of waves on a sandy shore, and having a long leisurely shag with a lovely gurl that enjoyed shagging. Bliss.

Archived