How to get a six month Retired Visa for Vietnam

Hi everyone,

I have a french passport, 71 years old, most of the time single and I would like to get a 6 months Retired Visa for Vietnam with multiple entrees

Do anyone know how I can get it and what documents are needed

Also if someone knows if there is a forum like Thai Visa but for Vietnam where I could go and write a question

Thanks a lot to those who will take a few minuts of their life to reply and help

Cheers

Merideur

go there on a tourist exempt and ask around when you are there.

i am also trying to find out all this stuff, and it is a nightmare.

most info on the net is totally out of date.

I am going there for a week 1st August to suss it all out.

I understand that most long term ex pats in Vietnam get a work permit, one way or another if you get my meaning.

Try www.expat.vn

Granted I was wanting to stay for a year without having to exit and reënter but maybe they can do something similar with multiple entries.

I asked them:

What is the least painful way to stay in Vietnam (DaNang or HCMC) long stay, around 1 year? I'm looking for something like a retirement visa, long stay in one place and little travel needed to extend time. I'm American age 73 currently retired in Thailand.

They replied:

On Sat, Jun 29, 2019, 17:35 Duong at Expat.vn <[email protected]> wrote:
You can stay continuously for 1 year in Vietnam unless you change to a new passport or your passport expired that you need to get a new visa. Otherwise, you won't have to leave Vietnam.

Our offer is for 1 year approval letter for visa on arrival, tourist, multiple entry type. At the airport/ Vietnamese embassy, you'll present this approval letter to get a stamp on your passport, and usually, the stamping fee is 135 USD. Please note our fee is not included for this stamping fee.

Thanks,
Duong

21 hours ago, LRimmler said:

Try www.expat.vn

Granted I was wanting to stay for a year without having to exit and reënter but maybe they can do something similar with multiple entries.

I asked them:

What is the least painful way to stay in Vietnam (DaNang or HCMC) long stay, around 1 year? I'm looking for something like a retirement visa, long stay in one place and little travel needed to extend time. I'm American age 73 currently retired in Thailand.

They replied:

On Sat, Jun 29, 2019, 17:35 Duong at Expat.vn <[email protected]> wrote:
You can stay continuously for 1 year in Vietnam unless you change to a new passport or your passport expired that you need to get a new visa. Otherwise, you won't have to leave Vietnam.

Our offer is for 1 year approval letter for visa on arrival, tourist, multiple entry type. At the airport/ Vietnamese embassy, you'll present this approval letter to get a stamp on your passport, and usually, the stamping fee is 135 USD. Please note our fee is not included for this stamping fee.

Thanks,
Duong

Dear  All,

Thanks a lot for yours advices and for your  time

Its very helpful and I sincerely appreciated

Cheers

Merideur

Archived