VIDEO: Bus and taxi drivers fight for tourists in Pattaya

webfact

18 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

it's got nothing to do with Pattaya the whole of that so called land of smiles

is like that

As the huge battle in Udom Suk in Bangkok recently demonstrated. There is a massive undercurrent of violence just below the surface in the land of smiles.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

It was a typical selfish statement from those who believe this country exists solely for their entertainment. When I saw the scene it bothered me knowing that most of these guys are scrambling to bring enough money home for themselves and their families so that they may eat and pay the bills. Not easy making a living being a Thai, at least when I worked regular I received good money. These poor bastards put up with all this shit for peanuts.

Well, they could find a job that pays better. There is little unemployment in Thailand. And perhaps if they had paid attention in school and tried to learn something and get some qualifications..... I doubt these nice chaps were model students.

10 hours ago, mikebell said:

How do you tell authorised drivers from non-authorised?  Taximeter drivers are authorised by Pattaya Police not to use their meters & charge whatever they like.

I don't know the correct price from Pattaya to Jomtien we paid 500 baht one way

and of course 500 back again and no I did not hire the taxi my lady friend rang

8 hours ago, Yinn said:

Some places in Thailand down. Pattaya is dirty place for the sex guys. Dirty beach, dirty everything, pollution.  Normal tourist doesn’t like it.

Normal tourist like clean and nice place, clean air,  like Kao Lak. Getting more tourist every year. Not have the sex bar.

Good for family, kid, couple.

911810F0-7B2D-4416-8BA2-E4C51DD902DF.jpeg

F896A2A8-246A-48CE-905A-4BCFCED54E4F.png

EC2E52D0-D0E9-4D74-B7E0-B9DFFE0012C7.jpeg

nice and clean beaches? Where? this is what I call a clean beach and it is not in Thailand

home.jpg

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

It was a typical selfish statement from those who believe this country exists solely for their entertainment. When I saw the scene it bothered me knowing that most of these guys are scrambling to bring enough money home for themselves and their families so that they may eat and pay the bills. Not easy making a living being a Thai, at least when I worked regular I received good money. These poor bastards put up with all this shit for peanuts.

On the other hand it beats working for a living. If they can rip off a few tourists a month and get away with it it will up the income.

1 hour ago, White Christmas13 said:

nice and clean beaches? Where? this is what I call a clean beach and it is not in Thailand

home.jpg

In the south have many.

Last year we go Thong nai pan. Perfect, you should go if you like clean and natural.

Also phangna west coast have a lot. Water is clean. In Pattaya have the feaces. Farang feaces, iNdian feaces, thai feaces, Chinese feaces, Russian feaces.

I don’t want to swim in that.

Good luck.

B6C9A71D-4D96-4C78-9305-C513FDA0A7BA.jpeg

F603E64D-DA25-4AB2-BCF7-047EA1DB8BC8.jpeg

685A015D-23B7-4FB7-9300-47821E07EF69.jpeg

BBCD94BB-3B63-4E11-B843-70B6ED6D6B35.jpeg

29 minutes ago, madmen said:
3 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

You paid triple. 150 by private baht bus

to add, the place we stayed in Pattaya south did not have a baht bus so we relayed on taxis 

and I must say my lady friend lives in Pattaya only for about 1 year and she never been

anywhere because she has her own business and lives with the daughter and son in law

both of them working at the Hilton hotel so they where unaware of our movements

16 hours ago, Yinn said:

Some places in Thailand down. Pattaya is dirty place for the sex guys. Dirty beach, dirty everything, pollution.  Normal tourist doesn’t like it.

Normal tourist like clean and nice place, clean air,  like Kao Lak. Getting more tourist every year. Not have the sex bar.

Good for family, kid, couple.

911810F0-7B2D-4416-8BA2-E4C51DD902DF.jpeg

F896A2A8-246A-48CE-905A-4BCFCED54E4F.png

EC2E52D0-D0E9-4D74-B7E0-B9DFFE0012C7.jpeg

Hybrid tourists like me spend the most. 

I go to clean as well as DIRTY places.

12 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

A Russian mother; her autistic son and her elderly mother tearfully sought my help after being charged 600 baht from Bang Saray to Jomtien.  I told her taximeter drivers have immunity from Pattaya police despite what Prayuth says.

For the rest of their holiday I drove them to a baht bus route (free) - they will not be back. 

On 7/18/2019 at 2:49 AM, PAWNEESE said:

It is / was NOT a zero alchohol day. Sorry to be pedantic. But the inference is the bad behaviour cannot be booze fueled.

Unless Im missing something.

Its / was a zero alchohol PURCHASE day.  I stand to be corrected errrrrr but you can drink the stuff you had purchased on previous days.????????????

Pedant's corner please.

9 hours ago, mikebell said:

A Russian mother; her autistic son and her elderly mother tearfully sought my help after being charged 600 baht from Bang Saray to Jomtien.  I told her taximeter drivers have immunity from Pattaya police despite what Prayuth says.

For the rest of their holiday I drove them to a baht bus route (free) - they will not be back. 

So you stole a job reserved for Thais lol.  Good for you 

On 7/18/2019 at 5:26 PM, marcusarelus said:

How many Thai children will die as a result if the economy collapsed? Do you care?

More than due to their ignorance of driving regulations? Probably not.

BRING BACK THAKSIN...... As bad as he was..... All the while he was filling his pockets..... The Thai people had better lives......

Now, with this presen govt..... Only the Army and a few 'HiSo' folks are prospering.....  while the others, working folks, farmers, and generally all Issan poor folks (90% of the Thai population) are totally forgotten and starving...... This govt only thinks about the #1.... Military............... and #2 the Rich Folks......... Forgetting all the others.............

Archived