BANGKOK

Thailand is becoming ever more expensive with the Thai Baht now at only 37 for £1. I did a bit of research and many things are now cheaper in the UK. Now with my property sold in Thailand and a tidy profit made  now find that the Philippines is the new Thailand. For a start everything is half or even less than Thai prices. No dual pricing like the Thais like to rip off the foreigners. For me Thailand is no longer the land of smiles. 😪

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Thailand is a joke now, 25 GBP+ for a half decent bottle of wine.

Full Moon wine coolers ..... 32bht.

17 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

But not your house and the taxes on it ......... which is the only thing that really counts.

Your right.. for someone making an investment, wouldnt you rather one that solidly appreciates, rather than one that depreciates due to shoddy build !! 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Thailand is a joke now, 25 GBP+ for a half decent bottle of wine.

so dont drink it......

• Like 2

The owner of my house was in shock when I said I cant pay a year in advance anymore asked why you not do this year same and explaining the 33% rent rise she said very puzzled I not put any rent up you pay the same as last 3 years I further explained the 30,000bt £550 deposit she was holding is now worth £800 now she is happier I think 🤔      

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Your right.. for someone making an investment, wouldnt you rather one that solidly appreciates, rather than one that depreciates due to shoddy build !! 

I'd rather have a property the woman I live with can't take off me with one phone call to the police, "he hit me"

That was the last I saw of my 600,000 pound riverside home in the UK (fully paid for by me alone).

Property is only an investment for single men in the west.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

On 7/18/2019 at 2:51 AM, BritManToo said:

But not your house and the taxes on it ......... which is the only thing that really counts.

Yeah I must admit that bit is true

• Like 1

On 7/18/2019 at 2:49 AM, ezzra said:

Cost of living aside, yes PH is cheaper than TH but have been visiting the PH for 40 years now and never felt safe there as far as mugging, which i have experienced in Angeles city walking back to my hotel had a very expensive gold necklace ripped of my neck, you feel the locals eyeing you and what you got worth nicking off you while the police there is by far worse and more corrupt than in TH, and just for that the PH in not a viable option...

I must admit that I did have one bad experience in the PH where I had my phone stolen in a market but other than that no problems at all. Sometimes it's just a matter of not wearing or having expensive jewellery on show. I did have a Thai friend on her way home from work on her bike that had her necklace stolen from a bike gang so I guess it can happen anywhere.