Video: Policeman suffers broken bones as BMW flees the scene

webfact

Video: Policeman suffers broken bones as BMW flees the scene

3pm_VID.jpg
Thai caption: Hit a cop...and ran

CCTV footage from the Thanyaburi Toll plaza on the ring road around in Bangkok showed a BMW with a man clinging to it drive off at speed on Tuesday. 

The man turned out to be a policeman -  Pol Lt Jitkasem Jantharak. 

He suffered a broken left leg and broken right arm and is expected to stay in Nopparat Ratchathanee Hospital for some time. 

His wife Ainada, 28, said he had been returning to Bangkok from Pak Chong but there had been some pushing and shoving on the road between her husband's car and the BMW.

The other driver had failed to stop despite her husband honking his horn. At the toll plaza he confronted the driver of the BMW who failed to stop and dragged him about 15 meters. 

The BMW driver has not been in contact with the family or the police. 

Lam Lukka police are investigating. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-18

22 minutes ago, webfact said:

The other driver had failed to stop despite her husband honking his horn.

Horn or police siren? As many here know honking your horn at another motorist inflames them in a similar manner to insulting their mother. If he was off duty and felt the BMW driver was at fault, he should have taken the vehicle details and reported it. That said, the BMW driver now most definitely needs to be found and suffer the consequences of his seriously stupid and dangerous actions.

4 minutes ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Horn or police siren? As many here know honking your horn at another motorist inflames them in a similar manner to insulting their mother. If he was off duty and felt the BMW driver was at fault, he should have taken the vehicle details and reported it. That said, the BMW driver now most definitely needs to be found and suffer the consequences of his seriously stupid and dangerous actions.

But.. him police.. him can do nah.. 

34 minutes ago, webfact said:

The BMW driver has not been in contact with the family or the police. 

Surely they did not expect him to, hope they find him ,another HiSo

that needs punishment.

regards worgeordie

Obviously not in uniform or on duty given the pushing and shoving aspect. If some random person acted aggressively with me on the road in their car, beeped their horn at me, then sped ahead, waited for me to arrive at a tollbooth and then sprinted to my car and jumped on my bonnet then they would get exactly the same treatment, except I might not bother swerving.

Som nam na.

OK so a BMW driver, will get flak just for driving a BMW.

Lets just think for a moment, stopped at toll booth, unknown man in civvies throwing a tantrum at the drivers window ( maybe with a gun), what would most drivers do?

Pedal to the metal, thats what most would do.

3 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

I disagree. It is fully acceptable for police or other official vehicles to ignore the laws of the road and there are no proper traffic cars on the roads to enforce any laws which they imagine people should follow. Simply being a policeman basically makes it right to do what you want, but not tolerate other people doing what they want. Improper enforcement of speed limits means that it's quite normal and can't be considered antisocial for people to drive over the speed limit and flash lights to bully people into pulling over, or otherwise simply switch to another lane and pass them on the other side.

I fully sympathise with the BMW driver. I'm confident this is not a uniformed police officer - and even police in uniform are not always a recognisable authority to be respected in this country. It's also extremely rare (certainly in my experience) for police to successfully follow up on an escapee and so only a very stupid driver would stop and put himself into the frying pan.

Police on duty should use their communications equipment to raise the alarm and have the BMW stopped at the next checkpoint, or exit if possible. Otherwise, they should ensure that they capture and preserve good camera footage to use as evidence and produce it later at a police station (ROFL - can you imagine?). The fact is that this policeman knows the police are 1. useless and 2. not respected and so feels it necessary to take whatever measures are possible to stop this car with no regard for his own safety. Must have been pretty pissed off...

We all know, Thai police never cooperate - hence the correct response of the BMW driver is simply to simply bugger off. 

2 hours ago, ben2talk said:

I disagree. It is fully acceptable for police or other official vehicles to ignore the laws of the road and there are no proper traffic cars on the roads to enforce any laws which they imagine people should follow. Simply being a policeman basically makes it right to do what you want, but not tolerate other people doing what they want. Improper enforcement of speed limits means that it's quite normal and can't be considered antisocial for people to drive over the speed limit and flash lights to bully people into pulling over, or otherwise simply switch to another lane and pass them on the other side.

I fully sympathise with the BMW driver. I'm confident this is not a uniformed police officer - and even police in uniform are not always a recognisable authority to be respected in this country. It's also extremely rare (certainly in my experience) for police to successfully follow up on an escapee and so only a very stupid driver would stop and put himself into the frying pan.

Police on duty should use their communications equipment to raise the alarm and have the BMW stopped at the next checkpoint, or exit if possible. Otherwise, they should ensure that they capture and preserve good camera footage to use as evidence and produce it later at a police station (ROFL - can you imagine?). The fact is that this policeman knows the police are 1. useless and 2. not respected and so feels it necessary to take whatever measures are possible to stop this car with no regard for his own safety. Must have been pretty pissed off...

We all know, Thai police never cooperate - hence the correct response of the BMW driver is simply to simply bugger off. 

" must have been pretty pissed off..." perhaps if you had left out the last word you would have been nearer the truth

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Surely they did not expect him to, hope they find him ,another HiSo

that needs punishment.

regards worgeordie

BMW driver can always go for treatment of a cold in Singapore as the Red Bull heir did.

Interesting how the other sedan slowed to take a look, then crossed several lines of traffic. Usually Thais rush to help, so perhaps the driver recognised he was police and did not want to get involved.

And these were the actions of a Lieutenant, a commissioned officer, not just a regular patrol officer.

You would expect him to be sufficiently trained and disciplined to rely on his dashcam (if he had one) or his witness statement rather than acting like any common road rager and trying to drag the other driver out. Hope he has learned his lesson, communicate with your colleagues and get him stopped further on.

7 hours ago, ianezy0 said:

Didn’t see anyone stop in their car to help. Just a slow drive by looksee. Typical.

One car slowed down then crossed over several lanes to stop. Another person is seen running back to help. Did you not see that or maybe you just wanted to bash, Typical. 

4 minutes ago, Tongjaw said:

One car slowed down then crossed over several lanes to stop. Another person is seen running back to help. Did you not see that or maybe you just wanted to bash, Typical. 

Yes I saw that. The car had a look then moved on. Finally, someone came running over. 

Anywhere else, the black car would have stopped behind the man to protect him from traffic and got out to assist.

obviously you wouldn’t ????

10 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

Yes I saw that. The car had a look then moved on. Finally, someone came running over. 

Anywhere else, the black car would have stopped behind the man to protect him from traffic and got out to assist.

obviously you wouldn’t ????

If it was you then probably I wouldn’t have stopped,, Joking. ???? 

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

OK so a BMW driver, will get flak just for driving a BMW.

Lets just think for a moment, stopped at toll booth, unknown man in civvies throwing a tantrum at the drivers window ( maybe with a gun), what would most drivers do?

Pedal to the metal, thats what most would do.

Yep i'll go along with that

Archived