SETV and Visa exempt

We are a family of four currently in Thailand on a SETV which we will extend for 30 days. My question is can I go to KL or Vietnam and get another SETV and extend for 30 days then travel again and get a visa exempt for 30 days and extend.We would plan to spend 5-7 days in each of these places. We are having a year out but have found we love Thailand and would like to spend most of our time here.

Thanks in advance

Umm some experts will advice. Listen to them. I count 8 months +

Traveling as a group is a plus. As a single person doing 8 months and entering via airports would be very touch and go. Perhaps border entry towards end good idea.

By the way for your second setv my vote would be Saigon. Good for families, couples and single folk. Ripper place and good Thai consulate.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

Your first return from outside Thailand with new Tourist Visas for all should not be a problem.  After that, I would recommend entering Only By Land - but not using the Poipet entry-point. 

You should be aware of the rule to have 40K Baht worth of cash or travelers checks on your person (not plastic) to show, for a family entering on Tourist Visas - half that amount when entering Visa-Exempt.

• Like 1