Vientiane update

Update; he said something between the lines of that non-o would become 6 months valid minimum in return.
Not sure how reliable this is but it came from the consulair employee, not the students.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, SicTransit said:

And how much would that requirement be?

Yeah, easy peasy, there’s a new thread every single day about people jumping through numerous hoops to prove that they’re not begging on the streets to make a living here.

You missed something very important. If you actually have the required income, you do not have to jump trough any hoops. Those "hoops" are just for the one trying to find a way to stay on fake grounds.

I thought you knew the requirements. They are 400/800 for extension based on marriage/retirement or 40/65 if chosing the monthly deal.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 1
  • Sad 8

1 hour ago, SicTransit said:

You only have to navigate to the front page to see people having trouble with Transferwise for example. It’s not like they’re transferring Monopoly money. And your 400k is as good as banknote photocopies if it’s been in the bank for less than two months. So no point in trying to convince anyone here that complying with official regulations is a walk in a park.

Please tell me what is the problem to comply with the rules? Most people know or can find out they have to be 2 months in the bank before applying for extension the first time, and most probably will be 3 month before on the extensions following the first one.

People have problem with transferwise because they do not read the list of connected banks before every transfer, because that can change, and that is what caused the problem this time. They took away Bangkok Bank as a partner bank, which led to people getting transfers registered as a transfer from other Thai bank. If they read the list before transfer, they could have been avoiding the misstake. Same you have to do regulary with all from partner connections to rules and regulations, because they might change. Mostly that stands in the rules and regulations too, but it seems like people just don´t care about reading and taking notice of that important piece of info.

If you care to look up informtion that you need before doing things, nothing is especially complicated. The only time it´s complicated is when people want to complain.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, fforest1 said:

Stop trying to normalize a bad situation its very boring...The visa noose has been tightening for years.... You know that 100%...

Nope, the tightening is only regarding the ones that got away with not showing real proof of income before. The rules have always been there since sometime in the 1970s and only been rasied a little during that time. What happened now is that they want real proof of income, and in my opinon that is because to many faked their income letters earlier.

Ragarding other types of visas, there are the ones that are labled "tourist" visas, which actually speaks for itself. They have always been there dor the purpose to visit a country, and not be used for living in a foreign country. here it is getting cleaned up too, out of the simple reason that to many persons have been using them for the wrong purpose.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, SicTransit said:

Ok, no doubt the laws from half a century ago,
predating the invention of internet, instant wire
transfers, credit cards and international travel boom are still making tons of sense, are super-easy to follow to the letter and will stay relevant for the next century or so.

I‘d like to hear some more on that claim about “too many” persons “abusing” the visa system. How many is too many and for whom?

Now you try to make fun of the rules too, and that they are made half a century ago and don´t make any sense. If that is your point, why are you then so interested in Thailand and the possibilityies to stay here. If nothing is good and all is so complicated? However, if they are made before Internet is totally irrelevant. That would make it much easier to follow and live up to with quicker transfers, credit cards you can max out and more people travelling that you and your fellows can ask for advice. ????

Now to the more fun part regarding abusing tourist visas. Yep, there are many persons that have big problems now, just because they abused the tourist visas, and they now because of that is harder to get. How many? It could only be based on my own opinion then, right. Here is what I would say:

Maximum 3 expempt entries per year disregarding land or air checkpoints.

Maximun 3 visa on arrival per year diregarding land or air checkpoints.
Single Entry Tourist Visa max 1 per 12 month period.
Multiple Entry Tourist Visa max 1 per 12 month period.

All should come with possibility to extend, but the different visas should not be able to combine for a possibility to stay longer.

That´s my opinion and a way to get it back to be called tourist visas and not a sneaky way to get by the rules for staying in the country with or without family or working illegally.

A system like that would clean out a lot of bad apples.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 7
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Now you try to make fun of the rules too, and that they are made half a century ago and don´t make any sense. If that is your point, why are you then so interested in Thailand and the possibilityies to stay here. If nothing is good and all is so complicated? However, if they are made before Internet is totally irrelevant. That would make it much easier to follow and live up to with quicker transfers, credit cards you can max out and more people travelling that you and your fellows can ask for advice. ????

Now to the more fun part regarding abusing tourist visas. Yep, there are many persons that have big problems now, just because they abused the tourist visas, and they now because of that is harder to get. How many? It could only be based on my own opinion then, right. Here is what I would say:

Maximum 3 expempt entries per year disregarding land or air checkpoints.

Maximun 3 visa on arrival per year diregarding land or air checkpoints.
Single Entry Tourist Visa max 1 per 12 month period.
Multiple Entry Tourist Visa max 1 per 12 month period.

All should come with possibility to extend, but the different visas should not be able to combine for a possibility to stay longer.

That´s my opinion and a way to get it back to be called tourist visas and not a sneaky way to get by the rules for staying in the country with or without family or working illegally.

A system like that would clean out a lot of bad apples.

You are posting stuff we all mostly know but in your know-it-all posts you do not take into consideration individuals life and perhaps financial problems for one reason or another. LOS immigration has NO interest in looking outside their box at an individual's predicament even if he is supporting Thai natives...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I just removed about every post on the last 2 pages of this topic that were almost entirely off topic inflammatory, bickering, baiting and etc. Time to end the trolling or a formal warning will be given.

And now a few more including a comment on moderation.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JackThompson said:

So, it's a "positive" that Thai kids/parents  with foreign parents/spouses won't be able to see them any more?  And when the foreigner has to pay to live somewhere else, and cannot support two residences, so the Thai family suffers? 

Thanks for the long rant. I fully agree with you. :clap2:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, transam said:

You are posting stuff we all mostly know but in your know-it-all posts you do not take into consideration individuals life and perhaps financial problems for one reason or another. LOS immigration has NO interest in looking outside their box at an individual's predicament even if he is supporting Thai natives...

I do not know any other country that look outside the box or waive the financial requirenments just because different individuals predicament.

However, regarding the OP´s different predicaments:

1. It´s ime consuming bacause there are more than you leaving their applications the same day, and that they have to tell you to make copies that you appearently didn´t have.

2. If they were to require bank statements, which is probably what he meant, that can not be considered so hard. When applying for a Non-O based on marriage or child then it stands clear that most want to stay long time in Thailand. That will mean they need money. The best and most effective way is to put them in a Thai bank account. Therefore it can not be considered a problem to live up to that requirement. The amount have probable also been known longer than they have been married or had a Thai child.

3. Yes, if they installed the scan and fingerprint you will have to go through that just like everybody else. 

36 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

I do not know any other country that look outside the box or waive the financial requirenments just because different individuals predicament.

However, regarding the OP´s different predicaments:

1. It´s ime consuming bacause there are more than you leaving their applications the same day, and that they have to tell you to make copies that you appearently didn´t have.

2. If they were to require bank statements, which is probably what he meant, that can not be considered so hard. When applying for a Non-O based on marriage or child then it stands clear that most want to stay long time in Thailand. That will mean they need money. The best and most effective way is to put them in a Thai bank account. Therefore it can not be considered a problem to live up to that requirement. The amount have probable also been known longer than they have been married or had a Thai child.

3. Yes, if they installed the scan and fingerprint you will have to go through that just like everybody else. 

My country and most other countries have a social security system to assist, LOS does not, here if a farang is told to bugger off then his family are in shit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, transam said:

My country and most other countries have a social security system to assist, LOS does not, here if a farang is told to bugger off then his family are in shit.

And that has to do with Immigration and a foreigners financial predicament to get his visa? I sincerely hope all foreigners know Thailand do not have a social system regarding financial help. Have to think about where in the world you chose to form a family i guess.

Edited by Matzzon

18 hours ago, JackThompson said:

None of us have any "rights" here, unless on PR or have Citizenship.  Everyone else has an "extort me next" target painted on their back by immigration.

Paying social security gives you some rights right?

I don't think the requirements are that bad. It's annoying that they don't get reinforced everywhere the same way. I bet if everywhere it was the same ruling it would not get mentioned so much.

Only thing that I don't agree with is tm30 as it makes me feel like a criminal. I do it, and it is not a big hassle at all, especially when you can do it online, but it does make me feel like a criminal.