Thai media revisits the law about emergency vehicles after row at Victory Monument

webfact

Thai media revisits the law about emergency vehicles after row at Victory Monument

10pm.jpg

Thai caption: Minivans vs Ambulance dispute

TNA MCOT investigated after a blazing row developed between ambulance personnel and minivan operators at the Victory Monument. 

The minivan drivers wanted the ambulance to move so they could get in line at their rank. 

But the ambulance staff said they had just picked up a very sick person and were giving them a drip in the van. 

Moving them was out of the question as it could compromise their health. 

A long news report discussed what happened and what the law says. 

Laws promulgated in 1979 say that vehicles, pedestrians and those herding animals must get out of the way of emergency vehicles - ambulance and fire trucks - with their horns sounding.

Fines of 500 baht are in place for people who fail to do so. People should also follow the requests of emergency personnel.

Over the last year or two there have been many reports of violations causing trouble for the sick and ambulance crews. 

Some people have even died as a result of selfish drivers who refuse to get out of the way. 

Many people online slammed the minivan operators for their selfish attitude. 

Source: TNA MCOT

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-18

Who cares ambulance shamembulance, move away, we're here to pick up passengers and we don't give a stuff if you're picking up a sick person or not, and with 500 baht fine, is anyone surprise to see this kind of attitudes?...

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Laws promulgated in 1979 say that vehicles, pedestrians and those herding animals must get out of the way of emergency vehicles - ambulance and fire trucks - with their horns sounding

The problem in 2019 is that the herded animals drive the minivans

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i hate these bastards.

when i am elected PM they will be sorry.

You have to clear the first hurdle by becoming poster of the year.

Do you have enough money to make sure you will be "elected"?

11 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Isn't that a job reserved specifically for a Thai democratic soldier?

He can use the beats anything "Joker" card "Article 44"  ( fordy fordy fordy four denel denel denel  sorry Thai song )

to bypass any and all restrictions.

2 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Fear not all the minivan drivers will soon be dead in a wave of micro sleeping as brakes fail to fail????

Don't worry the mandatory GPS trackers will save the day...they prevent speeding,napping,break failure,alcohol and drug use,overcharging,lane hogging, zig zagging all over like a mad  Grand Prix driver,bad language towards passengers and fights with rival drivers...marvellous invention ( Thai invention of course ???? )

4 hours ago, webfact said:

those herding animals must get out of the way of emergency vehicles - ambulance and fire trucks - with their horns sounding

Easy .. Just turn the herding animals into ambulances .. and Water Buffalo have already got the horns fitted .. 

IMG_20190718_092037.jpg

Paramedics in any country are heros in my book. Some of the things they see and have to deal with must be horrific and not knowing what suprize awaits on the next job..

..anyone apposing them or blocking them seriously needs their mental health checked and dealing with.

2 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

The van drivers here have no care for anyone else, and never consider it could be their relative or friend in the back of the ambulance being treated. Land of Self, not Smiles.

They do consider but not care, i had one today between KK and Udon Thani all over me N/S O/S plenty of lights , now i hear you ask what was i doing to warrant this, following a slow lorry trying to get past a slow lorry etc, if anybody  knows this tosser or if you were in said bus fear not i have a 6 minute video and it is being sent to Bangkok not the local TOT

15 hours ago, NightSky said:

Paramedics in any country are heros in my book. Some of the things they see and have to deal with must be horrific and not knowing what suprize awaits on the next job..

..anyone apposing them or blocking them seriously needs their mental health checked and dealing with.

In other words anyone driving a minivan or taxi or motocyc, or any Thai driver especially bus drivers ignorant a--holes.

Archived