TM30 Requirements and effect on Personal Travel Plans

KhunKenAP

TM30 and the Effect on Your Travel Plans Out of Province  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This poll is primarily for expats living in Thailand.

With the new enforcement push for submitting the TM30 forms at each location you visit out of province and when you return home, the question is it having any effect on your personal travel plans?

Thailand is trying to push travel to less frequently visited provinces to increase tourism spending. The TM30 requirements may lessen expat travel out of province. Let's try and quantify how much of an effect it actually has.

In Thailand...I give hotel a copy of passport...it is on them to inform immigration...

I have moved about the country without worrying...when I leave the country and return...I take my passport to immigration in my province where they tell me I am not required to report in after going abroad...

Does this help?

18 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

In Thailand...I give hotel a copy of passport...it is on them to inform immigration...

I have moved about the country without worrying...when I leave the country and return...I take my passport to immigration in my province where they tell me I am not required to report in after going abroad...

Does this help?

Same to me. I asked them, if I have to report back after returning from my two day trip to BKK from Songkhla. The answer was no.

I am registered in Ayutthaya but live most of the time in Bangkok... weekends usually go to Ayutthaya

I can't be bothered with the notification after stays in other locations in Thailand

I will however have the mrs in her name in hotels etc from now on

On a side note, I do have the Pink ID card so I won't need to use the passport IF the hotel would ask for any ID
I wonder if that would circumvent the need for reporting...

Why is to fill in a TM 30 form so hard to do?

follow the rules and you have a nice and peace full life.

If you don`t do or If you don`t want to do leave Thailand.

You see the s**t they have in Europe, If Europe had the same rules regarding Immigration than

there was no problem in Europe.   

21 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Does this help?

Different province = different rules. Here, after going abroad, I am required to report in.

Not sure about provincial travel....I'm ask them this week.

If yes, I'll do it.

No real hassle, just do all the photocopying of the partner's papers etc before I go on holiday. Then take it in when I return.

32 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

If you're not reporting, you're breaking the law.... so?

But I might not agree with the law, I am a person too you know, and entitled to a life, If I want to obey everyones law, then I may as well just not bother getting up in the morning.

If I agree with a law I will obey it, if I don't, then I will try and find some way round it.

What I will never do is break any law which will have a negative effect on a normal person.

5 hours ago, Henricus said:

Why is to fill in a TM 30 form so hard to do?

follow the rules and you have a nice and peace full life.

If you don`t do or If you don`t want to do leave Thailand.

You see the s**t they have in Europe, If Europe had the same rules regarding Immigration than

there was no problem in Europe.   

Henricus it is no problem to anybody filling in a TM30,  but the issue is having to do it.

Now when i come back home from visiting my daughter in Bangkok ihave within 24 hours to take TM30 to IO which is 130km round trip virtually a day and the cost for oil, i will happily go along with any rules that make sense but to think this is to keep track of the bad guys is delusional  

This could be interesting, been living here for over 12 years at the same address. But i travel out of my address province into the neighbouring province virtually everyday. Due to my home being just 200 metre's from the province border. Never had an issue with immigrations. 

It’s not the amount of effort needed, it’s about the utter idiocy and paranoia involved. I’ve had a great life here for all the time I’ve lived here. Always done the right thing, had the right visa and followed the rules. Except of course the TM30 nonsense which I knew nothing about. I’ll start to do it after I’ve been out of the country but within the country, no I won’t. I travel way too much for that.

up to now I’ve put new car plans on hold and two new bathrooms on hold. As for travels, yes it’s affecting me. I’ll be spending more time away.

so Thailand will lose some of my money. Of course nobody cares because I’m just one person. And as for the “if you don’t like it go home” brigade..... don’t waste your comments!

1 hour ago, Almer said:

Now when i come back home from visiting my daughter in Bangkok i have within 24 hours to take TM30 to IO which is 130km round trip virtually a day and the cost for oil,  

use mail to send your TM 30 or the police

MUST NOTIFY THE LOCAL IMMIGRATION OFFICE IF THERE IS NO IMMIGRATION OFFICE LICATED IN THAT AREA THE LOCAL POLICE OFFICIAN MUST BE NOTIFIED

• 1 month later...
On 7/19/2019 at 11:47 AM, possum1931 said:

I won't bother reporting anything, I am not a criminal and I refuse to be treated as one.????

But what category do you come under .Tourist or ExPat.

I'm not in the Kingdom no more then 90 days so I'm not affected. 

Ex Pats who want o hang around in Thailand for more then 90 days must follow immigration rules.

On 7/18/2019 at 1:05 PM, Puchaiyank said:

Does this help?

But you don't come under the category for reporting a TM30.

On 7/19/2019 at 5:50 PM, ivor bigun said:

In a few days we are off to visit the mother in law in roiet,staying there 3 days then coming back ,do i have to fill a form in and take it to immigration when i get back ,never ever done it before.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

iver bigun ( lucky chap) Yep, and more bad news the mother in law will have to register you as in her house within 24 hours of you arriving

the website only seems to work for landlords. the huge problem is that should a hotel or landlord not file then your are responsible for paying the fine not them and this includes Touristss. People have already been fined at the airport for not doing so, though again it depends on the immigration officer. 

Archived