Aussie tourists ripped off 1,500 baht each for a van ride in Phuket

webfact

4 hours ago, soalbundy said:

What are they complaining about, they weren't attacked.

So because they were not attacked they should just take that crap and do nothing about it?

Well done girls, wish there were more like you.

all cabbies are aholes in asia I have been travelling around there for over 20 yrs. I consider myself a seasoned traveler, and I still get ripped of. had laptop stolen in Saigon taxi. had insane cabbie in Hanoi, who wanted $100 for 10 minute ride. had to pay man was creepy. thai taxis always try to scam you . I don,t think there was a time when I meet a decent cabbie. let them rot , a good start would be to start learning how to use public transport, where ever possible, and cut down on using taxis. maybe a start to overcoming the problem.

20 hours ago, Mavideol said:

camera effect  555 the IMO was shaking when looking at 2 beautiful blondies

They are fake blond. The mother is 100% thai with aussie pass. The daughter is a half thai half aussie( papi can be blond or not but sure not aussie origine)

On 7/18/2019 at 3:43 PM, totally thaied up said:

Just dumb and dumber for the operators- you are all wondering why 'good farang' are bypassing Thailand to go somewhere different? Have a close look within and see why? Reporting like this goes far and wide and this has been going on for years but the powers to be see nothing!

Thailand is just getting paid back now what it has sown. Fewer farang tourists due to incidents like this.

One of the reasons. Is noise .Motor Cycles, cars and dogs.

22 hours ago, Razek said:

They are fake blond. The mother is 100% thai with aussie pass. The daughter is a half thai half aussie( papi can be blond or not but sure not aussie origine)

What is Aussie origin .

A policeman at Karon says… “An Australian citizen came to report the situation in Karon saying that they ‘called’ (hired) a van from Phuket Airport to send them to their hotel at Kata. Arriving at the hotel, the driver demanded 3,000 baht for the journey, which is a very high price.“

That’s 1,500 baht each.

The journalist obviously has a calculator 

Archived