Future 90 day report problem

Visited CW today to verify that my 90 day report was filed by an agent I used. I had my doubts as she was difficult to contact, kept my passport for 13 days and returned it with no receipt after the final due date (July 15). As the 16th and 17th were holidays I assumed I would be late and expected some kind of penalty.  The IO asked where the receipt was and I explained about the agent and to my surprise she indicated that the 90 day had been filed.  However, it was filed at another office so I would have a "problem" at the next 90 report. I asked "What kind of problem?" and received no reply only a blank stare, not looking at me but through me.  "How can I fix this?"  Same blank stare.  My landlord who was with me to address any TM30 issues (none) requested a printout of another receipt?  The IO simply said "No, go see your agent".  Can we do another 90 day now?  I'm at CW and waited 2 hours.  No reply and more of the we are through here look, so we left.  Not a pleasant encounter. 

What possible problem could there be at the next 90 day report.  

If your address hasn’t been changed, and still in BKK, you should have no problem with your next report at CW.

IF the agent used a fake address in order to make a 90 day report elsewhere you may need to change it back before making the next report.

• Like 1

I know that agents can do everything for one including 90 day reports so perhaps this agent does the extension as well. In one case I know of, a Bangkok resident had to go with the agent to Jomtien or Pattaya this year because of the new rules.  I presume that if he were to go to CW enquiring about his case he would get the same response as this poster got.   

Personally, without a full understanding of the siutation, I might consider flying out of the country, re-entering (assumes you have a re-entry permit, either a multiple, or a single obtained at the airport prior to departure), then filing a new TM30 within 24 hours of your return, reporting your current, valid address. Then file a TM47 (by post, online, app, in person)  with that same, current valid address ~ 75 days after your return. 

I would also try to determine, from the agent, which address they used, and when they filed, and what your "Next Report Date" might be.

15 hours ago, griffon2011 said:

When I politely ask a question in an attempt to comply with an immigration rule I expect an answer and not a blank stare and a refusal to provide any assistance.  Thanks guys for the suggestions. 

The IO provided an answer.

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 3:37 PM, griffon2011 said:

The IO simply said "No, go see your agent".

You can't submit a 90 day report at a different office to the one that issued your extension, unless you formally file a change of address.

Your agent appears to have screwed the procedure up and it's for them to resolve the situation.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Personally, without a full understanding of the siutation, I might consider flying out of the country, re-entering (assumes you have a re-entry permit, either a multiple, or a single obtained at the airport prior to departure), then filing a new TM30 within 24 hours of your return, reporting your current, valid address. Then file a TM47 (by post, online, app, in person)  with that same, current valid address ~ 75 days after your return. 

I would also try to determine, from the agent, which address they used, and when they filed, and what your "Next Report Date" might be.

Not much to understand. My 90 day was due and I was coming down with the flu and didn't feel like going to CW so I used an agent who somehow messed up and filed at another office. The IO at CW refused to help me in any way and I felt she was withholding some information.  When you ask an IO a question you need answered so you can comply with immigration rules and they just look at you and refuse to reply I am at a loss of what to do next other than leave.  

41 minutes ago, griffon2011 said:

I am at a loss of what to do next other than leave. 

The answer is in the second sentence of post #4.

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:15 PM, elviajero said:

IF the agent used a fake address in order to make a 90 day report elsewhere you may need to change it back before making the next report.

45 minutes ago, griffon2011 said:

Not much to understand. My 90 day was due and I was coming down with the flu and didn't feel like going to CW so I used an agent who somehow messed up and filed at another office. The IO at CW refused to help me in any way and I felt she was withholding some information.  When you ask an IO a question you need answered so you can comply with immigration rules and they just look at you and refuse to reply I am at a loss of what to do next other than leave.  

The agent never messed up. The vast majority of agent related visas/extensions are done in Jomtien. CW will not want to be involved with helping you or even allowing an address change. You either need to work with the agent by sending him your passport to do the 90 day report or report yourself in Jomtien. You also have an issue should you ever need a resident certificate. You can get one via Jomtien but you cannot use it in Bangkok.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

The agent never messed up. The vast majority of agent related visas/extensions are done in Jomtien. CW will not want to be involved with helping you or even allowing an address change. You either need to work with the agent by sending him your passport to do the 90 day report or report yourself in Jomtien. You also have an issue should you ever need a resident certificate. You can get one via Jomtien but you cannot use it in Bangkok.

The agent did mess up.  I was not trying to do an extension or anything else, only a simple 90 day report as I was sick. I have lived in the same condo in BKK for 7 years and only did immigration business at CW for 10 years. I want nothing to do with Jomtien and have no idea why it was filed there and in view of the agents poor performance in accomplishing a simple task and failure to communicate in a timely manner the last thing I want to do is give her my passport again.  I don't know what the issue was with the IO at CW but how am I to address any problems if they refuse to help me or even speak to me and answer a simple question.     

37 minutes ago, griffon2011 said:

I don't know what the issue was with the IO at CW but how am I to address any problems if they refuse to help me or even speak to me and answer a simple question.     

The issue was the IO at CW didn't get any tea money for processing your 90 day through an agent.

Some IO at Jomtien received the tea money and must have used a Jomtien address to process your 90 day report. You obviously payed the agent a fee for their service.

Why should the IO at CW sort out your mess, it wasn't their fault.

To rectify the situation you should now file a TM28 and TM30 at CW to change your registered address on Immigrations database to your CW address.

You can then continue to submit 90 day reports at CW.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

The issue was the IO at CW didn't get any tea money for processing your 90 day through an agent.

Some IO at Jomtien received the tea money and must have used a Jomtien address to process your 90 day report. You obviously payed the agent a fee for their service.

Why should the IO at CW sort out your mess, it wasn't their fault.

To rectify the situation you should now file a TM28 and TM30 at CW to change your registered address on Immigrations database to your CW address.

You can then continue to submit 90 day reports at CW.

As I mentioned I have no idea why my 90 day was filed at Jomtien but it has certainly created a mess for me.  However, on a positive note I never paid the agent anything and certainly won't now 5555.  In a couple of weeks I'm off to Vietnam to look around so maybe I can forget about this for a while and deal with it later...or not.  Thanks all for the input.   

10 minutes ago, griffon2011 said:

As I mentioned I have no idea why my 90 day was filed at Jomtien but it has certainly created a mess for me.  However, on a positive note I never paid the agent anything and certainly won't now 5555.  In a couple of weeks I'm off to Vietnam to look around so maybe I can forget about this for a while and deal with it later...or not.  Thanks all for the input.   

Don't forget to file a TM30 within 24 hours of your return.

At this point they may change your registered address on the system