VISA CONVERSION (tourist to non imm o visa)

hi..

I hold Non Imm ED visa. My husband is planning to come by tourist visa. Once in thailand, can we convert this tourist visa to non imm -O visa ( for family member/dependent)?

what are the procedures

thanks in advance!

He will have to go to a nearby embassy or consulate to apply for a non-o visa.

Immigration will not do a change of visa status for family members of those on extensions based upon attending school or university.

1 hour ago, sandysp said:

PHd in bangkok

He’s best advised to get a Non ‘O’ visa from his home country before traveling to Thailand. If he already has a Tourist Visa he’ll need to get a Non ‘O’ from an embassy/consulate in a country neighbouring Thailand.

He’ll be given 90 days on entry with a Non ‘O’ visa and within the last 30 days he can apply to piggyback your stay as your spouse as long as you have an extension of stay issued by immigration. His extension of stay will be for the remainder of your permit to stay.

can we convert this tourist visa to non imm -O visa

Yes it takes 30 days at Immigration to have it done though (tourist visa to non-o). It uses a similar process to the link. I am not sure about changing an ED to a Non-O though. 

Convert Tourist Visa

Edited by aqua4

6 minutes ago, aqua4 said:

Yes it takes 30 days at Immigration to have it done though (tourist visa to non-o). I have done it twice. It uses a similar process to the link. I am not sure about changing an ED to a Non-O though. 

As I wrote earlier if is not possible to do the change to a non immigrant visa for a family member of a person attending school.

Only  those that qualify for certain extensions of stay can do them.