Lansoprazole vs Omeprazole

scubascuba3

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 9:28 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Where would you get this brand? from a previous thread it seems very cheap. Not from Fascino i know that1563503245551.jpg

A government hospital. GPO is ' Government Pharmaceutical Organization'. 

Can also get it at many pharmacies.

Note that GPO brands are not always the cheapest.

There are many locally made brands of omeprazole.

If you indicate where you live, may be able to suggest some pharmacies to try.

Can also get it at many pharmacies.  

Note that GPO brands are not always the cheapest.

There are many locally made brands of omeprazole.

If you indicate where you live, may be able to suggest some pharmacies to try.

I'm in Pattaya but i found Omeprazole GPO 10x10 from Fascino for 190 baht. Which is cheap as i a couple days before ordered the same from Sri Lanka via ebay for 200 baht. 

I'm actually going to try to wean myself off and finish my remaining Lansoprazole, Dexilant and Omeprazole.

One 30mg every 2 days is working fine so far.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.rxfiles.ca/rxfiles/uploads/documents/Deprescribing-PPI-Patient-Tool.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjW66T68snjAhUvH7cAHf_tBQwQFjABegQIEBAH&usg=AOvVaw0t3jVLNc2B77OkDwF8sO3u

42 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm in Pattaya but i found Omeprazole GPO 10x10 from Fascino for 190 baht. Which is cheap as i a couple days before ordered the same from Sri Lanka via ebay for 200 baht. 

The ones ordered from Sri Lanka are under 165 Baht for 100 capsules, incl postage. The Thai ones rarely come in at under 10 capsules for 40Baht. Do the sums which is the better value.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Omeprazole-20-mg-OTC-100-Capsules-Acid-Re-flux-Heart-Burn-Reducer-Treatment/401802101217?epid=0&hash=item5d8d4581e1:g:kUkAAOSwSwVdGuMt

The ones ordered from Sri Lanka are under 165 Baht for 100 capsules, incl postage. The Thai ones rarely come in at under 10 capsules for 40Baht. Do the sums which is the better value.  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Omeprazole-20-mg-OTC-100-Capsules-Acid-Re-flux-Heart-Burn-Reducer-Treatment/401802101217?epid=0&hash=item5d8d4581e1:g:kUkAAOSwSwVdGuMt

Delivery from sri lanka is long 3-8 weeks. I chose an ebay seller with a shorter delivery than the others, but Fascino is better 10x10 for 190 baht, i can buy in 5 minutes, do the maths 

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Delivery from sri lanka is long 3-8 weeks. I chose an ebay seller with a shorter delivery than the others, but Fascino is better 10x10 for 190 baht, i can buy in 5 minutes, do the maths 

I did the maths.  21 capsules times by 39 Baht = 117 Baht for the first 3 weeks period. Capsules thereafter = 100 capsules @ 160 Baht from Sri Lanka. The savings from Sri Lanka are tremendous compared to buying in Thailand if you continue to do so. No calculator was used in this example.  ????

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

So why in heaven did you say, in post #22, that you ordered from Ebay Sri Lanka because they're cheaper????

So why in heaven did you say, in post #22, that you ordered from Ebay Sri Lanka because they're cheaper????
Ebay was cheaper than the last time i looked in Fascino when they had boxes of 14 tablets which were much more expensive. The risk of buying from Sri Lanka is will it ever turn up, will it be damaged, will it be stopped at customs. I won't bother buying them again to save 30 baht

On 7/23/2019 at 11:48 AM, scubascuba3 said:

The risk of buying from Sri Lanka is will it ever turn up, will it be damaged, will it be stopped at customs. I won't bother buying them again to save 30 baht

When buying from an Ebay seller you check their star ratings and feedback. You only buy from a seller with a very high rating and good feedback.  The Omeprazol on Ebay are a third of the price they are in Thailand. Now that's good savings if one takes them long term.

When buying from an Ebay seller you check their star ratings and feedback. You only buy from a seller with a very high rating and good feedback.  The Omeprazol on Ebay are a third of the price they are in Thailand. Now that's good savings if one takes them long term.

No they are not a third of the price of Thailand. I've already told you 10x10 from Fascino are 190 baht

17 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

No they are not a third of the price of Thailand. I've already told you 10x10 from Fascino are 190 baht

100 capsules 20 mg off of Ebay is just less than 160 Baht. I just bought a box. I assume the '10x10' means 10 capsules of 10 mg for 190 Baht? I can buy 10 X 20mg capsules for 39 Baht in Thailand. Once again, do the sums.

100 capsules 20 mg off of Ebay is just less than 160 Baht. I just bought a box. I assume the '10x10' means 10 capsules of 10 mg for 190 Baht? I can buy 10 X 20mg capsules for 39 Baht in Thailand. Once again, do the sums.
Fascino the chain of pharmacies in Thailand, 3 in Pattaya sell 100 x20mg Omeprazole for 190 baht, do the sums. Which is not three times the price of ebay

On 7/19/2019 at 4:36 PM, SteveK said:

I've got a master's degree in chemistry. From a top 10 UK university. But I guess if they work for you then keep eating them.

So you know about nutrition and the powerful benefits of nuts and kefir milk and other dietary issues.

This thread has pretty much answered my question. I had a bad stomach after a few beers regularly which was normally sorted by Antacil. Then I was diagnosed with acid reflux and prescribed omeprazole (moprix) to take before going for a drink. This worked well for long enough but recently I find that after four small beers I need an Antacil same as before. I was wondering if it was safe to increase the dosage and going by the comments here it seems worth a try. Thank you.

I take 20mg Omeprazol every morning at least one hour before food every morning before food. Stopped my GERD/REFLUX. and I drink about on average 4 large beers a day.

Also I had trouble swallowing rice. Now stopped. Due to worry about side effects I'm cutting down to 20mg every other day. I'll try to remember to let you know how I get on. 

I'm trying to wean myself off Lansoprazole 30mg (I've been taking for 4 months), the last 2 weeks I've been taking alternate days and I haven't noticed any difference. I'll switch to Omeprazole 20mg in a week alternate days and see how that goes. I plan to do this for 4-6 weeks then try stopping

I took it every day for years then the doctor said every day is too much, only take it when you're symptomatic. Now this is difficult as it is prevention not cure. So I now take it as I said.

Thanks for the input guys.

Omeprazole and related drugs do not stop reflux. They just mask the symptoms by making the stomach contents less acidic. However they do this at a price i.e. they are not without adverse effects especially when taken long term. And it can be difficult to get off them due to rebound acidity.

OP I suspect that 4 beers is simply too much and you need to reduce the number or sip them much more slowly. Reflux occurs when there is enough pressure in the stomach to override the sphincter which normally prevents this. That sphincter weakens as we age and also in response to some medications. Anything that distends the stomach -- as beer and other carbonated beverages will do -- will increase pressure and tend to cause reflux.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 1 month later...

Having switched from Lansoprazole to Omeprazole I'm finding it ok now, but the major change is I'm weaning myself off any food or drink that triggers symptoms or reducing as much as I can.

The biggest one was coffee, 1 cup was ok, 3 brought on gnawing so now i try for 1 max and I've switched mainly to tea. Anything else that brought on even mild gnawing has been dropped or reduced as much as possible.

Soon I'll probably try to have no Omeprazole on alternate days and after a while stop altogether.

Lansoprazole was more effective though as it allowed me to eat most of the things mentioned without symptoms

Archived