Tourists’ safety my priority, says Thailand’s new Tourism and Sports Minister

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, eggers said:

It seems the Thai Gov'tonly has eyes for Tourist money, how about taking care of 100s of 000's of Expats living here!!! 

A number of Expat friends are considering if will stay or leave due to increasing Gov't/ Bureaucratic interference almost daily,  w/ latest stupid imposition of TM 30 requirement.

Time PM Prayut & ministers Gov't, realise how much money Expats spend in this country..... Day in, Day out ....

Year in, Year out.... Billions & Billions of Baht!!

Fine take care of Tourists , but forget about US at  YOUR peril!! 

Send them back, send them back, oh sorry wrong country.

On 7/18/2019 at 6:28 PM, FarFlungFalang said:

You just singled out a particular group "the strong economies" group,the group that you money hungry thieves can fleece and fill your ever deepening pockets. 

From the readings of the decline in tourists the word "is"one of the world's, act, should be "was"

On 7/18/2019 at 6:31 PM, FarFlungFalang said:

...filling our pockets with!" end quote.

They can generate more income by just letting  tourists stay their allocated days. 30,60 90 days always 2 days short because the day you come in and the day you depart are part of your stay..

I cross the boarder from Malaysia 18:00 hours more then half the day gone arrive Bkk next day. My flight out is early morning 0100hrs another day gone so I actually only stay 58 day out of my 60 days.

The day you enter the UK and the day you depart is not counted in your allocated time their.. 

13 hours ago, adammike said:

Send them back, send them back, oh sorry wrong country.

They didn't let them in in the first place. Most of those that call themselves expats got a temporary stamp on the passport. PR holders are a very small minority.

That's ok, up to Thais, but they should be clear about it and do a six months per year only for non-permanents and not this <deleted> they've been pulling for years.

I wish you good luck Sir. Can we please start with the very poor hygiene standards, the 3rd world toilet facilities if at all, the rubbish left rotting in the heat encouraging rats to run everywhere, the dangerous power lines, people choking on toxic fires, unroadworthy vehicles, dangerous roads, lack of footpaths, black exhaust fumes pumped in your face from trucks busses and illegally modified noisy motorbikes ? Sadly whilst we have corruption from Police and other officials standards will take a very long time to improve I fear. A point blank refusal to listen to complaints from your guests will not help either.

Looks like another in a long line of "talk and do little else" tourism ministers... and this one, seemingly primarily motivated to be a lackey to PCO.

And certainly not helped any by the fact that they invariably get replaced by a new appointee before they can actually figure out what's going on and have any opportunity to leave any mark.

I'm not holding my breath...

On 7/19/2019 at 10:40 AM, eggers said:

Fine take care of Tourists , but forget about US at  YOUR peril!! 

5555 ???? ???? ????

Delusions of grandeur or what.

1 hour ago, dcnx said:

Blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah.

Meaningless words, as usual.

Agreed. Oh, you mean the minister, not the BMs!

Archived