Brit expat behind bars for attacking Phuket dog

Jonathan Fairfield

16 hours ago, CLS said:

In civilized countries a trespassing results in a fine, surely no jail sentence.

TIT - what a retarded society

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

in uk it is very difficult to prove one is trespassing......but here very easy by the sound of it.....

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

what a laugh- 'animal cruelty' in a country where cock fighting is legal (and they DO use blades) where animals like pigs are kept in appalling conditions and where they are quite happy to let millions of soi dogs wander about in various states of decay, and where even the house dogs are banged up like prisoners rarely taken out. We all know why dogs have special status and it's not religion.

All the more reason to be thankful for the police action in this case. One small step for man, but a giant stride against the rampant animal abuse in LOS.

One just wonders whether, had he been a local, rather than a foreigner, Plod would have bothered to get involved.

16 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I can't help but wonder what the cops would have done if it was a local who had beaten the dog? I can't help but suspect a 500-1,000 baht fine, a wai and on his way. There have after all been many animal cruelty stories here and I don't recall any getting this treatment, even though I have to say the fella absolutely deserves it.

i find the law in Thailand does over react some times yes the guy was wrong give him a fine and send him on his way. as darksidedog said this happens daily with the local thai people.

The dogs here run in packs and are a danger to wildlife, other dogs and PEOPLE.  Is this proof that farangs are actually lower than dogs on the Thai ranking scale?  I don't recall another incident of a Thai being charged with the same.

Although this act is uncalled for and brutal in its retribution it is somewhat understandable given the plight of wild dogs roaming freely throughout the country.

15 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

All the more reason to be thankful for the police action in this case. One small step for man, but a giant stride against the rampant animal abuse in LOS.

One just wonders whether, had he been a local, rather than a foreigner, Plod would have bothered to get involved.

they would not get involved....simple as that....plod probably could see money going into pockets....

17 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Good guys in bad guys out ???? Thailand is really cleaning up the nation huh ????????????????????

Meanwhile un licenced Thai hiso teen walks free for killing nine people in horror accident! (Nine years ago!)

17 hours ago, keemapoot said:

From the fact pattern provided, it's a pretty clear case of premeditated dog assault and battery. Had he acted in the heat of the moment as his dog was being attacked, he would have a defense. But, he later sought out the offending dog after a cooling down period and intentionally and with malice aforethought exacted revenge. 

Damn You make Sherlock Homes look like a baboon ????️

????????????????????

17 hours ago, KittenKong said:

The best bit of the story can be found in the full version:

“His wife (sic) begged me to have her husband deported, but that is up to Phuket Immigration,” he said."

The Phuket News has now corrected the omission of the negative in its story:

'“His wife (sic) begged me not* to have her husband deported, but that is up to Phuket Immigration,” he said.

* Sincerest apologies for the omission in the original posting of this story'

However, I urge the court and Immigration to have this scum deported and blacklisted for list as quickly as possible. This kind of "expat" is not needed in Thailand. He will see quickly what happens to sadists who are cruel to dogs in his native Britain.

17 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I can't help but wonder what the cops would have done if it was a local who had beaten the dog? I can't help but suspect a 500-1,000 baht fine, a wai and on his way. There have after all been many animal cruelty stories here and I don't recall any getting this treatment, even though I have to say the fella absolutely deserves it.

There are a couple of cases post the Animal Cruelty Act of Thais who shot dogs.  One was a drive by where the shooter leaned out of the window of his pick-up and shot a dog who annoyed him with its barking outside a shopping mall.  The other was a former Democrat minister who shot a dog outside a 7/11 because he said he felt threatened by it and other dogs that were with it.  In order to shoot the dog, he had to go to his car to get his pistol which meant that the dog was no longer a threat to him because he was able to get gack to his car. In both cases the culprits were got away with light fines for shooting the dogs.  Both also escaped jail time for the firearms offences but may have got suspended sentences due to their wonderful contributions to society.   Neither had Por 12 licences to carry loaded firearms about their persons or in their cars, although the former minister had a licence to keep a gun at home.  I am not sure that the pick-up driver even used a registered firearm. Carrying a firearm and ammunition in public without permission and discharging it without good reason can get you over 10 years in prison, as the tariffs can be compounded, i.e. separate sentences for the gun and the ammunition.

27 minutes ago, Superphoenix said:

Yes, deport this pig. Bc if I see him, he will lose his teeth. 

Then your actions would be as uncalled for and excessive as his action toward the dog.  Two wrongs do not make a right.

Barking up the wrong tree! Those that feel there was justification in his pretty insane lack of intelligence needed to be reminded this is not your Country and if you feel it's okay to attack an animal then please return to your Country of Origin where I am sure this behaviour is perfectly acceptable NOT!! What next wife beating? Child abuse? and it all starts with Dog abuse! Trespassing, Armed and Cruelty to an Animal all actions of a low level thinker! 

I once shot a dog for attacking my female in heat as it happened. I buried the dog and two weeks later my dog was running around with it's backbone. My dogs are my kids.  I would have prob done the same thing but been a little more smart about things.

18 hours ago, KittenKong said:

The best bit of the story can be found in the full version:

“His wife (sic) begged me to have her husband deported, but that is up to Phuket Immigration,” he said."

A wife abuser and dog beater, what a quality expat ???? 

He belong behind bars a couple of years and deportation.

Would you hurt or kill a dog that was attacking you or your child or would you just stand there as it's wrong in this country to hurt an animal or defend yourself?? But for Thai's it is okay!

Hope this scum enjoys the remainder of his stay and is deported back to blighty and forever banned from Thailand. 

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

18 hours ago, darksidedog said:

We all know that the police and the courts have different ways of enforcing the laws between farangs and Thais. Having five dogs myself and do hope he gets what he deserves.

I hope this guy gets nailed.

Anyone that hurts a dog is a low life and deserves everything he gets.

Dogs are the most loyal loving animals on the planet.

Give him at least 2 yrs in jail.......5 would be better and ban him from Thailand......the pompous <deleted>

18 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Trespassing to beat a dog with a metal rod, just  the sort of human you would invite to table.

Dairy farmers would defend this sort of behavior.

Warning : some seriously psychopathic people carrying out violent acts on innocent animals. I'm not kidding!

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42.1790-4/28041310_2019648754970716_7621243274308616192_n.mp4?_nc_cat=107&efg=eyJ2ZW5jb2RlX3RhZyI6InN2ZV9zZCJ9&_nc_oc=AQm4oYkf-bVZWquJjKW_KmDkYoFAE3HihnjQl_GTxJ7PG8ROAPktbFdyua4vIGoLAJk&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=db2ef93236ce85374977887da22bbbf2&oe=5D318879

18 hours ago, keemapoot said:

I was attempting some humor at this ridiculous story. Obviously this was animal cruelty, but dogs have no rights as humans do in most places except here.

<deleted>, every civilized country in the world has animal cruelty laws as should be. I hope you don’t learn this the hard way.

All the know it alls spouting there crap, circumstances are different but if a dog attacks me and manages to take a chunk I will fight back with the intention of disabling it or kill it, this does not make me or anyone else scum or an animal abuser, the authorities are 100% to blame for the dog problem here and do nothing other than go after us Falangs with vigor, but a Thai would probably walk free, god forbid one of you who spouts "Animal abuser, deport him it's not right" does not get attacked worse still your child does not get attacked, what will you do?????

What an A hole Captain is, only interested in himself and his Dogs if he has any, maybe nothing more than a troll, F everybody else that has been attacked by man's best friend, maybe one day your lovely well behaved dogs will turn, of course you are one of the many responsible owners(if you indeed own dogs)

Try telling that to my daughter who was attacked by a stray when she was four years old.

You are another displaying the same traits as all dog lovers / owners in automatically assuming everyone else likes the things.

Stray dogs or pets that are allowed to roam freely have no place at all in any civilised society.

Archived