Brit expat behind bars for attacking Phuket dog

Jonathan Fairfield

What about cruelty metered out by a vicious dog onto a human, that's okay is it???

Humans go after other humans for revenge against something they have done alot but it's not okay to do the same against a vicious animal that has injured you or your children!

I personally would not look for revenge against a human or animal but it does happen.

There is much truth (and common sense) in what you write here.  I particularly liked this bit:  

"The dog lovers wished similar treatment be meted out to the Brit abuser who should be deported after hanging from a lamp post by his balls."  

And I'm not even a dog person - I'm firmly a cat person - LOL!  However, I deplore animal cruelty in any shape or form.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In this country where no one one is going to help you, Police, Authorities, Irresponsible animal owners I can understand people going out looking for revenge, it's not right but it happens, had a lovely dog killed in my Soi because it barked all night, they dumped it outside a neighbours house, I wrapped it in a blanket and layed it next to the bins, an hour later someone took the blanket and dumped the dog in the bin!

Some years ago I was living in the North East and a neighbour had 6 very unruly dogs that were allowed to terrorise the neighbourhood. Following an incident regarding these dogs one time another neighbour ( a Thai man) took a gun from his house went to the offending dog owners place and shot 2 of the dogs dead. Everybody was aware of what had happened but nothing was said or done. Owner just silently shed a tear for the dead animals.

Brit expat posts B90k bail on animal cruelty charge

1563793690_1-org.jpg

Mervyn Harding, a British expat living in Rawai, has been released on B90,000 bail while waiting for animal cruelty and trespass charges to be heard against him in court. Photo: Chalong Police (blurred at police request)

PHUKET: Mervyn Harding, the Brit expat living in Rawai who was charged with attacking a dog in Nai Harn last week, has been released on B90,000 bail, police have confirmed.

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1113394-brit-expat-posts-b90k-bail-on-animal-cruelty-charge/

Crazy in a country that sends Dogs to Vietnam and Cambodia to be tortured and eaten, dog loving country what a joke!!

Brit expat posts B90k bail on animal cruelty charge

1563793690_1-org.jpg&key=1cc8c587b39ae001d1f3d06f4d9c4acab05008c1ca019caff1b195eb5f91cf5a
Mervyn Harding, a British expat living in Rawai, has been released on B90,000 bail while waiting for animal cruelty and trespass charges to be heard against him in court. Photo: Chalong Police (blurred at police request)

PHUKET: Mervyn Harding, the Brit expat living in Rawai who was charged with attacking a dog in Nai Harn last week, has been released on B90,000 bail, police have confirmed.

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1113394-brit-expat-posts-b90k-bail-on-animal-cruelty-charge/

Archived