New minister hopes to have medical marijuana prescribed from August

snoop1130

New minister hopes to have medical marijuana prescribed from August

By THE NATION

800_dba06d9ef70e484.jpg

Public Health Ministry officials welcomed the new minister on Thursday, saying they will support his policy to promote medical marijuana and work towards getting the formula prescribed at public hospitals from early August.

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul started his first day at work from 8.30am, when he showed up at the ministry with his deputy, Sathit Pitutecha. He was received by the ministry’s permanent secretary Dr Sukhum Kanchanapimai, ministry executives and officials.

A group of marijuana supporters also showed up to congratulate him and urged him to push forward the legalisation of medical marijuana. 

The new minister explained that he had many items on his agenda, including implementing public health projects under Royal patronage, urgently addressing issues related to the universal healthcare scheme and the recruiting of newly graduated doctors to boost the quality of tambon-level hospitals. 

Anutin said his policy can be summed up in the motto “reducing expenses, increasing incomes and promoting strength”. As for marijuana, he said it should be made accessible for everybody soon, and “if it is well implemented, it can become a cash crop for farmers”. 

Dr Sukhum, meanwhile, said he was ready to respond to Anutin’s policy of allowing the prescription of medical marijuana in public hospitals by early August for patients in need. He added that the Government Pharmaceutical Organisation (GPO) should be able to produce 10,000 bottles of cannabis extract and the Chaophraya Abhaiphubejhr Hospital 5,000 bottles by then. The Phra Acharn Fan Acharo Hospital, meanwhile, will produce five formulas of marijuana-based traditional medicines made from confiscated weeds. In the first phase from July to September, there should be at least one hospital per province that provides medical marijuana, more community hospitals gain permission to prescribe the concoctions in the second phase by April 2020, he added. 

Meanwhile, Deputy Minister Sathit said he aimed to propel forward three measures, namely promoting exercise as a way of maintaining health and reducing medical expenses, which he and Anutin will lead by example; developing the healthcare system in order to avoid long queues at hospitals; and using technology to link patient information with all medical service units.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30373212

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand  2019-07-18

Should I contact him and let him know it’s already available? I had my prescription filled at a bkk clinic last week. If it’s available to private clinics, public hospitals should be able to obtain it. 

What is this obsession here with cannabis oil? I don't know of any other country that has had this prevalent method of use. Even in the US the medicinal cannabis decades ago was prescribed as dried herbs.

They're breathing probably one of the worst air qualities worldwide and the local thai cigarettes with God knows what inside.

But when you ask someone why don't you smoke (or vaporize) the herb they tell me smoking is bad.

By the way, AFAIK the smoking method with a bong and also the word itself derives from Thailand so why not go back to the roots?

Another explanation I heard of is this rick Simpson oil. Some Thai made this popular on social media and many people followed this. If you ask someone in Europe about this, you'll get blank stares.

26 minutes ago, nickstav said:

Just ask any tuk tuk driver to fill your prescription.

No tuk tuk drivers where I live,guess I just have to go home grown,but that will mean getting a shipping container with a humungous lock to keep the thieves out.Or I could just wait for the good old Thai entrepreneurial spirit to kick in and just tap on a window somewhere and say mee ganga?Like the good old bad days.

today's news line-up:

New Public Health Minister... blah, blah

New Commerce Minister... blah, blah

New Tourism and Sports Minister... blah, blah

New Education Minister... blah, blah

New Digital Economy Minister... blah, blah

New Agriculture Minister... blah, blah

New Energy Minister... bah, blah

nothing at all from the Old New Ministers: Prayut, Prawit, Dom, Wissanu, Anupong...

No tuk tuk drivers where I live,guess I just have to go home grown,but that will mean getting a shipping container with a humungous lock to keep the thieves out.Or I could just wait for the good old Thai entrepreneurial spirit to kick in and just tap on a window somewhere and say mee ganga?Like the good old bad days.
A lot of things going on at Thai Facebook and LINE groups.
You can get everything.
Just don't use the post as we have been warned there will be strict controls [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

32 minutes ago, CLW said:

A lot of things going on at Thai Facebook and LINE groups.
You can get everything.
Just don't use the post as we have been warned there will be strict controls emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Thanks for the tip.

Well that's a pretty good reason to get back to studying Thai which I keep letting slip,people around here speak Lao but that's know excuse not to keep going with the literary side.Yes got to love the Thai version of strict controls,should be quite welcomed in this respect. 

35 minutes ago, Boit said:

Where is there a hospital or clinic in Pattaya that provides the cannabis medicine? 

Since my wife isn't keen on helping me with this I think I will have to get out there and just keep asking around myself.I would prefer some conclusive word of mouth like you're seeking as it would make things much less uncomfortable and god forbid "loss of face".

Where is there a hospital or clinic in Pattaya that provides the cannabis medicine? 
AFAIK the first batches are only available in a so called special access scheme SAS for serious patient conditions such as cancer.

You should have gotten yourself the amnesty certificate at FDA until 22 May that allows you legally to posses and buy from grey market until there is enough aupply.

5 hours ago, CLW said:

What is this obsession here with cannabis oil? I don't know of any other country that has had this prevalent method of use. Even in the US the medicinal cannabis decades ago was prescribed as dried herbs.

They're breathing probably one of the worst air qualities worldwide and the local thai cigarettes with God knows what inside.

But when you ask someone why don't you smoke (or vaporize) the herb they tell me smoking is bad.

By the way, AFAIK the smoking method with a bong and also the word itself derives from Thailand so why not go back to the roots?

Another explanation I heard of is this rick Simpson oil. Some Thai made this popular on social media and many people followed this. If you ask someone in Europe about this, you'll get blank stares.

Better to do your homework, its popularity is getting huge. Medical cannabis can help a lot of people. Just google it!

Archived