Bus Swampi (Airport) to Pattaya?

swissie

It isn't so good if Jomtiem is not your final destination, they can drop you at the flyover (Hwy 7 and Suk) for central Pattaya but that isn't so great. The alternative, the Rueung Ruen Bus to North Rd has to be pre-booked. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

It isn't so good if Jomtiem is not your final destination, they can drop you at the flyover (Hwy 7 and Suk) for central Pattaya but that isn't so great.

Take the bus to the Jomtien terminal, cross the road, then take any bahtbus going up the hill to South or Central or North Pattaya for 10B (20B beyond Central Road).

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The alternative, the Rueung Ruen Bus to North Rd has to be pre-booked.

And unfortunately runs every two hours only.

Big advantage: you have your seat as booked.

Disadvantage: inflexible. If your flight is late you might miss it.

My last experience with the Jomtien bus from the airport: heavily crowded even with buses (exceptionally) running every 30 mins . Had to wait 1.5 hours to get on a cramped bus.

And it was not even peak season, September if I remember right.

5 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Take the bus to the Jomtien terminal, cross the road, then take any bahtbus going up the hill to South or Central or North Pattaya for 10B (20B beyond Central Road).

Dragging suitcases and carry on luggage, dressed in a coat and long pants? No, I get a taxi from the airport. If I lived in Jomtiem View Talays I would be on that bus for sure. 

13 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

And unfortunately runs every two hours only.

Big advantage: you have your seat as booked.

Disadvantage: inflexible. If your flight is late you might miss it.

My last experience with the Jomtien bus from the airport: heavily crowded even with buses (exceptionally) running every 30 mins . Had to wait 1.5 hours to get on a cramped bus.

And it was not even peak season, September if I remember right.

That's what I was afraid of. Not sure if I am up to it after an 11 hour flight.
I will probably end up in the fangs of the Airport Taxi Mafia once more. All part of a "Thai Holiday Exerience".:smile:

Archived