Trump disavows 'send her back' rally chant, many Republicans alarmed

webfact

3 hours ago, Tug said:

Oh bull I watched the clip he was basking in it just pathetic but if it’s all you got oh well

If Trump told his ever-so-loyal wacko followers to eat ****, they would. So all he had to do was to tell them "we don't talk like that, please refrain" and they would have obeyed their master.

But did he make any effort to reign in their vile chant?

No !

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, JamJar said:

It doesn't matter what anyone would say to you. An extremist, by the very meaning of the word, can only see their point of view.

That only makes them stupid. It's like only knowing one language. You then simply cannot even understand what most of the rest of the world is even saying.

An intelligent person tries to look at every aspect before making a judgement.

Your views are fixed. You miss out, because you simply cannot understand what is going on. You simply have a very narrow understanding and ability to interpret.

There has been a concerted attempt to foist this kind of simplistic thinking from certain corners. Black and white. With us or against us. The 'dumbing down' of just about everything.

So people are hardly capable of critical thinking. They just choose a side and stick with it. It prevents them from having to think.

That's why I personally would not bother to have any kind of debate with you. In the end people might end up thinking that we are both idiots.

So I'll leave before that happens to me. ????

Thanks for demonstrating so eloquently what you were accusing me of!

All debaters are equal, but some are more equal than others!!

3 hours ago, webfact said:

"I felt a little bit badly about it. ... I would say that I was not happy with it. I disagreed with it. But again I didn’t say that.

Maybe he felt as much when his advisors informed him that (aside for lying about some congresspersons nationality):

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/federal-law-go-back-came-from-discrimination-025211323.html

• The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has written specific rules that protect people, mostly immigrants, against employment discrimination on the basis of their national origin.
  • “Ethnic slurs and other verbal or physical conduct because of nationality are illegal if they are severe or pervasive and create an intimidating, hostile or offensive working environment, interfere with work performance, or negatively affect job opportunities,”
  • “Examples of potentially unlawful conduct include insults, taunting, or ethnic epithets, such as making fun of a person’s foreign accent or comments like, ‘Go back to where you came from,’ whether made by supervisors or co-workers,”

Other than POTUS Trump who has temporary immunity from federal criminal acts, all others such as his Cabinet members, senior advisors and political supporters should care. The EEOC has the authority to investigate charges of discrimination against employers who are covered by the law, issue appellate decisions on complaints of discrimination filed by federal employees and applicants for federal employment, and to file a lawsuit to protect the rights of individuals and the interests of the public and litigate cases.

• If EEOC decides not to file a lawsuit on Plaintiff's behalf*, it will issue to the Plaintiff a Notice of Right-to-Sue, a legal notice which allows the Plaintiff to file a civil lawsuit in Federal or state court within 90 days of receipt of the notice.

https://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/enforcement_litigation.cfm

*  If EEOC cannot independently prosecute a complaint but must request DOJ to do so. In reality, I doubt that Attorney General Barr is likely to accept the referral if the federal official has a senior level position - regardless of any alleged criminal action by the federal official, ie., Kellyanne Conway. 

19 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

Yeah how dare she ask for universal health care for all Americans, so low paid working class people are not left destitute if they get sick - the bloody cheek of it!

It's irrelevant what her political opinions may be. It's perfectly legitimate to tell a political opponent off. It's how you say it that's at issue here.

57 minutes ago, Tug said:
1 hour ago, blazes said:

It's shocking, frankly, that no one here (so far) sees fit to call Omar what she is: a racist and a bigot - even Nancy Pelosi yesterday said that to be "anti-semitic is to be anti-American"....well, Omar is on record as hating Israel and calling for a boycott of the country.

And why, going back to Tug (above), is it ok for these Squad bigots to use their free speech to spout bigotry, but Trump gets instantly called out for apparently doing the same?

No comment?

Strange I haven’t read any posts backing her point of view but thankfully many post backing her right to express her views as for Donald getting called out it’s because he is a rasist pure and simple 

Laser sharp reasoning, as narrow as it gets.

Call him names, she has 'rights'! Is she racist, xenophobic? Silence. Does he have rights? Silence.

1 minute ago, rabas said:

Call him names, she has 'rights'! Is she racist, xenophobic? Silence. Does he have rights? Silence.

The same old nonsense over and over. Yes, Trump has the 1st amendment right to be absolutely and overtly to make bigoted statements.. But his supporters are denying that's what he did.

4 minutes ago, bristolboy said:
7 minutes ago, rabas said:

The same old nonsense over and over. Yes, Trump has the 1st amendment right to be absolutely and overtly to make bigoted statements.. But his supporters are denying that's what he did.

Another laser. To quote blazes just above...

11 minutes ago, blazes said:

An extremist, by the very meaning of the word, can only see their point of view. That only makes them stupid. It's like only knowing one language. You then simply cannot even understand what most of the rest of the world is even saying.

I agree, except I don't call people stupid. There are reasons for all things.

2 hours ago, blazes said:

That's precisely what Trump was saying.  Nothing racist  (omg, EVERY sodding thing is "raaaaaccccissst" these days) nothing at all racist about such a sentiment.  

If I were an American, I would be saying "close the door as you leave."  WHY is that racist?

You are disingenuously comparing U.S. citizens in the U.S. (elected representatives of the people, no less) with Western visitors on temporary permissions to stay in Thailand.

This is not just apples and oranges, this is apples and elephants. Appalling logic to justify deeply immoral and dangerous speech from the demagogue, Trump.

Now, Trump insists he was not pleased with the "send her home" chants at his rally. But, did you see the smirk on his face during the chant? He is simply walking this back, after worldwide condemnation of this surly, ugly, neo fascist demonstration. He is proving over and over again where his heart is, what his aspirations are, and who he really is. Pelosi was right, when she said she that when he says "Make America great again", he means "make America white again". And that is never going to happen. America is getting browner by the day, and that is a good thing. But, it drives racist men like Trump crazy. And many of his devotees are racist too. Some are even white supremacists. Few are tolerant of the mixing pot America has always been, and is becoming more and more each day. America needs it's immigrants, and they are part of what makes the country great, if you want to make that claim. 

The Republicans should be alarmed. Do you know what is going to happen in 2020? Democrats and independents are going to show up in greater numbers that ever before, and they will may take over the Senate, and the White House. I believe Harris may be the next president of the US. It is inevitable pushback, for the kind of goombah tactics this man cannot help but purvey. 

Really, if they are going to insist that she be sent back due to her foreign roots, shouldn't Melania be deported too? Does anyone who has ever criticized America deserve to be deported? What about Trump? During the campaign, and in the past there was no end to his criticism of the US, foul language, and American policy. Should he be deported? Maybe so. That actually might be a great solution to all of this. Forget impeachment. Just send Trump back to Germany, where his family came from. Where does this all end? 

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Really, if they are going to insist that she be sent back due to her foreign roots, shouldn't Melania be deported too?

Whites are exempt from any "send them back" chants. That is the unstated subtext of the Trump message that everybody understands. The most thinly-veiled dog whistle in Presidential history.

14 minutes ago, rabas said:

I can only surmise that you are claiming that I called someone or other "stupid" Or are you just bloviating. 

And as for blazes being a good exemplar of tolerance and seeing the other peoples point of view. Here is what he wrote in this very topic:

"Rep. Omar should be taken away for "attitude adjustment"."

1 minute ago, Briggsy said:

Whites are exempt from any "send them back" chants. That is the unstated subtext of the Trump message that everybody understands. The most thinly-veiled dog whistle in Presidential history.

This is very true. Although Trump has had some wives and girlfriends of an "exotic" (foreign) nature, they have always been white, and first world types. No doubt it is all about color, and the worst of his venom is saved for women of color, who are smart, speak truth, and are in a position of power. 

Although I disagree with alot of the policy ideas (a bit too radical for me, as I am more centrist) of the squad, I sure like how outspoken they are, and how they call it, as they see it! Kudos to them. Very refreshing. And they are bringing this racism debate right out into the open, where it should be. It is real. It is happening. Anyone who denies Trump is a racist, is now part of his racist camp, and is buying into his policies of hatred and exclusion. It is one thing to support his policies. It is quite another to live in a constant state of denial over who the man really is.

The greatest shame belong to his evangelical base, who call themselves religious, and defend this man's behavior. Crime, thievery, dishonesty, hatred, exclusion, fear mongering, division, immorality, and cons. Sorry, these are NOT spiritual qualities. 

4 hours ago, pegman said:

Where on earth did that crowd get that slogan?  

It comes from the late 1960's and the 70's......"America, Love it or Leave it" was used towards the White domestic terrorists the likes of Bill Ayers, his wife Bernardine Dohrn, The Weather Underground, and other communist sympathizers such as Frances Piven and Richard Cloward. I remember the popular bumper sticker from back then with this saying.  

AOC, Omar, Pressley and Tlaib are all very anti American, they have repeatedly trashed America and Americans.  The way they talk about America and Americans has most of the country pissed off.  But you will never hear this from MSNBC or CNN.  

They are all freshmen congresswomen and they are getting all the attention from the MSM.  Never before has freshmen congresswomen or men received the notoriety that these four are getting.  They are overtly attacking their own Democratic party white or black, with their communist views, calling anyone who questions them....racists!  Including black and white Democrats. 

Before you all want to champion them, and bash America, and of course bash Trump....  

Look into to their backgrounds.  Omar's is full of fraud, including she married her own brother.  AOC answered a casting call of over 400 people to be chosen by two billionaires who script her every word.  Look up AOC's personal videos about discovering things like garbage disposals, and the shock plants can grow out of the dirt, etc....at 29 years of age.  

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/07/18/powerline-blog-ilhan-omar-married-brother-asylum-false-name/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=daily&utm_campaign=20190718&utm_content=B

Stop drinking MSNBC's and CNN's kool-aid, they are fake news, it is being exposed and will be exposed for the world to see soon.    I'm sure I will get some responses for this, but it's the truth...

7 minutes ago, bristolboy said:
25 minutes ago, rabas said:

I can only surmise that you are claiming that I called someone or other "stupid" Or are you just bloviating. 

And as for blazes being a good exemplar of tolerance and seeing the other peoples point of view. Here is what he wrote in this very topic:

"Rep. Omar should be taken away for "attitude adjustment"."

I can only surmise that you are claiming that I called someone or other "stupid"

No. Not stated, implied, nor do I think so. Please read my short comment. There are understandable reasons for all things, the world is not made of us and stupid people.

But I do think you and many have laser focus on this subject. Where is my mirror!

1 minute ago, rabas said:

I can only surmise that you are claiming that I called someone or other "stupid"

No. Not stated, implied, nor do I think so. Please read my short comment. There are understandable reasons for all things, the world is not made of us and stupid people.

But I do think you and many have laser focus on this subject. Where is my mirror!

As opposed to focusing on irrelevancies.

10 minutes ago, rabas said:

More mind reading.

3 hours ago, blazes said:

It's shocking, frankly, that no one here (so far) sees fit to call Omar what she is: a racist and a bigot - even Nancy Pelosi yesterday said that to be "anti-semitic is to be anti-American"....well, Omar is on record as hating Israel and calling for a boycott of the country.

And why, going back to Tug (above), is it ok for these Squad bigots to use their free speech to spout bigotry, but Trump gets instantly called out for apparently doing the same?

No comment?

I don't think Trump is racist (just insensitive and intolerant) and I really don't think Omar is either. She just talked about Jewish/Israeli lobby groups funding politicians in Washington. For that she is called anti semitic. Israel is the third rail, you can't touch it or you are an anti semite. Palestinian apartheid is OK in Israel. The problem is Palestine should have been created at the same time as Israel, and a homeland for the Kurds as well. Plenty of mistakes in the past, not much in the way of solutions now.

5 minutes ago, Ulic said:

I don't think Trump is racist (just insensitive and intolerant) and I really don't think Omar is either. She just talked about Jewish/Israeli lobby groups funding politicians in Washington. For that she is called anti semitic. Israel is the third rail, you can't touch it or you are an anti semite. Palestinian apartheid is OK in Israel. The problem is Palestine should have been created at the same time as Israel, and a homeland for the Kurds as well. Plenty of mistakes in the past, not much in the way of solutions now.

We know that in the past Trump intentionally excluded black people from renting apartments in his properties. He had to settle with the Justice Dept because of that. So if you think that doesn't make him racist, you might have a point.

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

62 million American voters voted for him. 62 million!

I know there are some decent Americans but many millions are obviously racist a$$h0les.

Every single American should be ashamed to have a president like that. And as we all know what happend there is not an exception. He always behaves like that. He behaved like that before he was elected and he behaved like this for the last years after he was elected. Disgusting!

And what is even more disgusting is that most members of the republican party, or like they like to call themselves, the grand old party, don't stand up against Trump. They basically admit every day that they are a) racist like Trump or b) they just don't care. One way or another it's disgusting to see people like that in positions of power.

Mate, rather than focusing on American politics, why not focus on your own?

2 minutes ago, JMSIII said:

You sir are clueless...  It's ok, you have the right to your opinion, whatever it is.  The truth will be coming out about many things that will surprise, and even shock some people.  I can't wait...

And Jesus is coming back any day now.

2 minutes ago, OtinPattaya said:

Mate, rather than focusing on American politics, why not focus on your own?

Being a citizen of a particular nation doesn't mean you're well informed. Not being a citizen of a nation doesn't mean you aren't.

Just now, spidermike007 said:

You are right. Once Trump loses this next election, the truth will surface about him being a traitor to the nation, and colluding with Russia, to win the election. Also, the truth about him defrauding hundreds if not thousands of investors. Also, let us not forget there is a possibility of either sexual predator crimes, or statutory rape crimes. I am convinced he committed both, many times. When he finally ends up in prison, after being convicted by the very competent SDNY, many of you will complain that he was framed. Yes, he framed himself, with a lifetime of moral turpitude and crime. 

You bring up Trump endlessly and now he is a sexual predator?  If you are someone looking for justice you should be all over Epstein and his Clinton connections as well as Harvey Weinstein walking freely.

3 hours ago, blazes said:

No comment?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but that's between her and her constituency is it not?  Trump bringing it up is just another way to deflect from his own problems of being a credibly accused rapist, a "businessman" that engages in fraud as a business model and a man that couldn't tell the truth if his mother's life depended on it.  I get that you don't like the other side and there are's a lot of crap there to be sure, but some of its miles ahead of this particular waste of oxygen.

Just now, Sujo said:

Yes to all above, and Trump. He did say he could just grab them by the pussy. Which part of that act is not sexual predatory.

A different time and a different era.  Not right but things were different back then you and I both know it.  I don't support this type of talk or behavior nor have I in the past but I have heard it many times.  There is no proof it ever became anything more than words.  

Archived