Trump disavows 'send her back' rally chant, many Republicans alarmed

webfact

2 hours ago, Ulic said:

I don't think Trump is racist (just insensitive and intolerant) and I really don't think Omar is either. She just talked about Jewish/Israeli lobby groups funding politicians in Washington. For that she is called anti semitic. Israel is the third rail, you can't touch it or you are an anti semite. Palestinian apartheid is OK in Israel. The problem is Palestine should have been created at the same time as Israel, and a homeland for the Kurds as well. Plenty of mistakes in the past, not much in the way of solutions now.

I do not agree with your sentiments about Trump not being a racist. I wholeheartedly disagree. But, I do agree with what you said about Israel. There is no room for criticism of Israeli policy in America. None. And no room for it in congress either. None. As a Jew, I have repeatedly been called a Jew hater, and worse, by friends, for engaging in dialogue about the topic, or showing modest amounts of sympathy for the Palestinians, or accusing Israel of apartheid policies. For a country that calls itself a democracy, with Israel it is astounding how little room there is for disagreement. And that applies to most Jews too. If you are Jewish, you have to be a supporter of Israel. Well, I am not. I am not against Israel, but I dislike the extremism practiced there, and the way the government is held hostage by extremists and insane Orthodoxy. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Mavideol said:

prior to the speech they were given away (free) posters/cupboards, it's all part of the stunt, show biz

Trump's attempts to deny responsibility for the chant, would be laughable for a child, for an adult they are really worrying. Listening to him talk is creepy, it is not just that he is an unspeakably vile human being, but his sanity is also in serious doubt.

It is hard not to suspect that he now actually believes his own 10,000s of lies. Briefly he may be aware that he is making stuff up, but pretty soon it appears that he thinks what he has said was true. This is a serious mental disorder, which is very sad for him, but potentially devastating for the rest of the world. I think Impeachment is irrelevant, for the safety of the world he needs to be Sectioned.*

*British word usage....." Having been committed compulsorily to a psychiatric hospital in accordance with a section of a mental health act: a sectioned patient has to gain permission before leaving."

Captain "Grab them by the fanny" Bonespurs, America's most famous sex creep and coward, is almost certainly certifiably insane. It is grim to even think about what this says about his supporters.

10 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I agree with most of what you say but not all of the 62million who voted for Trump are racists.

Many are, many are not.

Those who are not are now being given a steam of examples of Trump’s racism.

The decent ordinary Americans amongst those who voted for him will not put up with his filth.

’You can fool some of the people some of the time...’

“”From studying the polls, I would guess that about a third of the American people at any given moment would welcome a fascist state. This is because we have never been able to to get across in our schools what the country was all about. I suspect that the reason for this failure is the discrepancy between what we were meant to be — a republic — and what we are — a predatory empire — is so plain to children that they regard a study of our Constitution as just another form of television commercial and just as phony.
—Gore Vidal, The State of the Union: 1975

9 hours ago, Pilotman said:

What I will never understand is how this racist, sexist, low intelligent moron ever got voted into office. The Americans themselves did it. How, why and will they repeat the idiocy?

I hear you, but you have to look at the whole picture, it was him or Hilary. How either of them managed to be chosen as  the best their party had to offer shows there is a serious problem with US politics. If there had been a credible Independent he/she would have had a really good chance IMHO.

15 minutes ago, Ozman52 said:
9 hours ago, Pilotman said:

What I will never understand is how this racist, sexist, low intelligent moron ever got voted into office. The Americans themselves did it. How, why and will they repeat the idiocy?

I hear you, but you have to look at the whole picture, it was him or Hilary. How either of them managed to be chosen as  the best their party had to offer shows there is a serious problem with US politics. If there had been a credible Independent he/she would have had a really good chance IMHO.

Hilary was definitely a reason why people voted for the other option - whatever that was.

And looking how many Americans are ignored by any party it is not surprising that some just thought: What do we have to lose?

But after two years of Trump it's obvious that he is not just bad, he is very bad.

Having voted for him is bad enough but we all make mistakes. But all the people who still support him are really worrying. 

2 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Trump's attempts to deny responsibility for the chant, would be laughable for a child, for an adult they are really worrying. Listening to him talk is creepy, it is not just that he is an unspeakably vile human being, but his sanity is also in serious doubt.

It is hard not to suspect that he now actually believes his own 10,000s of lies. Briefly he may be aware that he is making stuff up, but pretty soon it appears that he thinks what he has said was true. This is a serious mental disorder, which is very sad for him, but potentially devastating for the rest of the world. I think Impeachment is irrelevant, for the safety of the world he needs to be Sectioned.*

*British word usage....." Having been committed compulsorily to a psychiatric hospital in accordance with a section of a mental health act: a sectioned patient has to gain permission before leaving."

Captain "Grab them by the fanny" Bonespurs, America's most famous sex creep and coward, is almost certainly certifiably insane. It is grim to even think about what this says about his supporters.

Wow, you're going to need massive amounts of therapy when Trump wins 2020.

8 hours ago, tlandtday said:

You bring up Trump endlessly and now he is a sexual predator?  If you are someone looking for justice you should be all over Epstein and his Clinton connections as well as Harvey Weinstein walking freely.

But but Harvey or Hilary or Judas yaba yaba.

"A day after Donald Trump tried to distance himself from racist chants heard at one of his campaign rallies, the US president praised the crowd as one full of "incredible patriots".

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/07/trump-renews-attacks-omar-praises-send-crowd-190719195445128.html

Trump is certainly incredible. Any statement he makes is likely to be disavowed or reversed within hours.

On 7/19/2019 at 5:44 AM, Tug said:

Oh bull I watched the clip he was basking in it just pathetic but if it’s all you got oh well

I watched it too. There were two European "leaders" back in the 1930s whose demagogic powers relied heavily upon rousing their crowds of supporters to chants, and then falling silent on the podium, and watching the chanting crowds with an emotionless face.

1 hour ago, JAG said:

I watched it too. There were two European "leaders" back in the 1930s whose demagogic powers relied heavily upon rousing their crowds of supporters to chants, and then falling silent on the podium, and watching the chanting crowds with an emotionless face.

Yes, this is obvious to anyone that has been paying attention. The danger inherent in his movement was very apparent from the beginning. 

Ever been in the audience at the taping of a television show?

There is someone who acts as a cheerleader, prompting the audience to applaud, laugh, etc on cue.  It's pretty obvious DT has these at his rallies, reporters have even described it, the same sequence of activities like jeering the press/enemies of the people, doing "lock her up" etc.  The crowd suddenly chanting "Nobel" or "send her back" is not spontaneous.  So of course his response to it was not spontaneous by any means.  It's always a her, isn't it?

Also those people standing behind him are carefully selected.  If you follow the news you'll hear about those people being swapped out for not displaying sufficient enthusiasm.

Would those women standing adjacent to the podium be amenable to being grabbed by the kitty by him?

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

much ado about nothing... the Ohio Keep America Great rally was a success, and there were no chants as referred to in the opening post... NEXT!

So all the bigots and idiots went away? Did they send them back? or are they now the new improved, 50% more quiet bigots? 

The four women involved should appreciate the fact that they've been privileged to live in the most wealthy advanced nation in the world.

And in accordance with this realisation keep their traps shut. I know a couple of fellow Englishmen who applied for green cards and were refused. And it was us who founded the bloody place. Without us there'd be no USA.

• 2 weeks later...

Donald Trump’s presidency will go down in history for many reasons. The main legacy of his term could be the start of the breakup of the political system as known in the USA.  The Democratic Party will split to hard left called Labor and soft left called Liberal. Republicans will split in to hard right called Nationalists and soft right called Conservatives.  Obviously they will not use these names due to the connection with the failed British system.

In future elections there will be four mainstream parties instead of two. Plus the independents . Donors will have much clearer picture of what their dollars are supporting.  The end result will be hung parliaments with nobody having a clear majority. Horse trading will be the order of the day instead of governing.

Another worse scenario would be the breakup of the States itself as championed by the ultra nationalists.

16 minutes ago, Toosetinmyways said:

Donald Trump’s presidency will go down in history for many reasons. The main legacy of his term could be the start of the breakup of the political system as known in the USA.  The Democratic Party will split to hard left called Labor and soft left called Liberal. Republicans will split in to hard right called Nationalists and soft right called Conservatives.  Obviously they will not use these names due to the connection with the failed British system.

In future elections there will be four mainstream parties instead of two. Plus the independents . Donors will have much clearer picture of what their dollars are supporting.  The end result will be hung parliaments with nobody having a clear majority. Horse trading will be the order of the day instead of governing.

Another worse scenario would be the breakup of the States itself as championed by the ultra nationalists.

‘Parliament’?!

On 8/4/2019 at 8:47 PM, yogi100 said:

The four women involved should appreciate the fact that they've been privileged to live in the most wealthy advanced nation in the world.

And in accordance with this realisation keep their traps shut. I know a couple of fellow Englishmen who applied for green cards and were refused. And it was us who founded the bloody place. Without us there'd be no USA.

A Beta convinced it’s an Alpha.

The salient moment was not the refusal of Green Cards for a couple of your English mates.

Archived