BANGKOK
geronimo

Positive Mental Attitude: Does it Make a Difference?

Well I have a mental attitude that's incredibly positive....:crazy:

• Like 2

I think some have or get the wrong idea, it's not about smiling and grinning like a Cheshire cat at everything, it's about positive action and attitude that you can and will achieve something, not letting things disuade you or deviate you..There is always a way etc, well, that's my interpretation anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

I think PMA is a very un-Buddhist and un-Thai like concept.

Buddhism teaches people to see the world with an unblinking eye as it is, without filters, rose colored or otherwise. Thais are way too pragmatic and down to earth to go for such a cerebral concept. I've met Thais who I believe consciously projected an affable demeanor because it paid social dividends, but I've never felt a Thai was practicing PMA in the hopes of receiving karmic or psychological benefits. I think running around with a 'happy, happy, happy' demeanor in Thailand puts you at risk for being perceived as an unaware and naive person who can be more easily taken advantage of.

I have always viewed the concept with skepticism, an exercise in self-deception and outward pretense which undermines the otherwise healing and rejuvenative processes of self-reflection and introspection.

Well,here's a poster with a bit of intelligence...

Voltaire was the first author to really call 'em out on this with his "the best of all possible worlds" malarkey in 'Candide'

Tho' Rabelais had cocked a snoot in 'Gargantua and Pantagruel'

Most "self help" is pavlova for the masses.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 2

Troll post removed.

• Thanks 1