Canada's Trudeau condemns Trump attacks: 'That is not how we do things'

webfact

4 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Any wars yet under Trump?  piling up the dead yet a la Bush and Obama etc.?

Not yet but with his ill responsible rhetoric he’s getting plenty of Americans killed here at home and Justin kudos sir building unity and beeing inclusive is a good thing blessings to my brothers and sisters to the north!

10 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think it's surprising how many people still try to defend Trump. He is an a$$h0le, there is no double about that.

And if he would the village idiot somewhere nobody would care. He would be just the village idiot.

But 62 million people voted for him. That is the scary part.

And lots of people still support him. That's even scarier.

And they pretend to be the leading nation in this world. What a bad joke.

As the great H.L. Mencken said, "On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

12 hours ago, ezzra said:

I often wonders if the guy Trudeau wasn't his father's son who handed the ob to him like on a silver platter, would he bee good enough on his own to win the job? 

What would Trudae have done if he a members of his parliament of minority/foreign origin would viciously attack and bad mouth him? would he turn the other cheek or would he defend himself and his stands?...

i seem to recall his mom shaggin mick jagger way back in the day.

1 hour ago, lust said:

Why does this soy boy think he represents Canada?

Just possibly because he's the Prime Minister? And even before this incident, as regards Trump, I think it's pretty safe to say that Trump was widely disliked in Canada.

Canadians think Donald Trump is bad for Canada: poll

A new poll suggests many Canadians have a dismal view of Donald Trump, and they think Justin Trudeau is the best one to deal with him.

The new Research Co. poll finds that just 17 per cent of people polled think Trump’s presidency has been good for Canada, and 65 per cent say it has been bad or very bad.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2019/06/19/canadians-think-donald-trump-is-bad-for-canada-poll/

5 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

Are you inferring that I am lying?

Well, there's no real way to know if he is inferring it, though he might be implying it.

Anyway, Hitchen's Razor applies:

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.

In other words, "the burden of proof for a claim lies with the person making the claim."

You have provided absolutely no evidence of racism. If you have it and can provide it, people might start believing you but otherwise your claim is without foundation.

7 hours ago, blazes said:

Trudeau has embarrassed Canadians in the last four years, notably by his absurd "Indian" dresswear in India.  He looked such a total nitwit it is strange the SJWs did not accuse him of "cultural appropriation" (another branch of "racism").

Worst of all he has nobody around him who could have told him that the arrest of the Huawei heiress was going to cost Canada very dear (ask Canadian hog farmers!).  His Cabinet walked blindly into a trap set by Trump to minimise the damage suffered by American farmers by his own trade war with the Chinese.

The Trudeauites could easily have got in touch with the airline she was on and told her to stay on board and simply carry on to Mexico City.  Problem solved, but little Trudeau wanted to please Uncle Donald.

I agree that the Chinese woman's arrest was a stupid mistake. So was criminally charging the Mtl engineering company. It's a corrupt world out there and if you are forced to play by Boy Scout rules, enacted by Harper, much of the world is shut off to you. Where Trudeau screwed up was in naming a wingnut Justice Minister. A family member had dealings with her father and the rotten apple didn't fall far from the tree. Fortunately he came to his senses and got rid of her. Now hopefully a couple judges fix those problems for us. 

It looked good for awhile for the Justin haters but he is now 6-7% pts up so get ready for another 4 years. You can thank good old Doug Ford for that. I have no use for liberals or the Liberal Party of Canada. My colleagues and I had some great scraps with federal Liberal MP's at parliamentary committee meetings. That being said I have even less use for (C)conservatives nor their bible thumping leader who is owned lock, stock and cream barrel by the dairy cartel. 

1 hour ago, pegman said:

I agree that the Chinese woman's arrest was a stupid mistake. So was criminally charging the Mtl engineering company. It's a corrupt world out there and if you are forced to play by Boy Scout rules, enacted by Harper, much of the world is shut off to you. Where Trudeau screwed up was in naming a wingnut Justice Minister. A family member had dealings with her father and the rotten apple didn't fall far from the tree. Fortunately he came to his senses and got rid of her. Now hopefully a couple judges fix those problems for us. 

It looked good for awhile for the Justin haters but he is now 6-7% pts up so get ready for another 4 years. You can thank good old Doug Ford for that. I have no use for liberals or the Liberal Party of Canada. My colleagues and I had some great scraps with federal Liberal MP's at parliamentary committee meetings. That being said I have even less use for (C)conservatives nor their bible thumping leader who is owned lock, stock and cream barrel by the dairy cartel. 

Which leaves only the NDP!!

Well, as a long-time anarchist, I don't much care which team wins the election.  Except that it would be nice not to have to be subjected to Trudeau's wokeness. It is that woke PC stuff that has landed Canada with a bunch of incompetents around the cabinet table.

Maybe a minority govt will bring the politicians to their senses.

PS:  I didn't notice the Drama Teacher doing much to offend the dairy cartel in his new-Nafta negotiations last year.  Or can he blame (or thank) the Ukrainean lady for that?

1 hour ago, blazes said:

Which leaves only the NDP!!

Well, as a long-time anarchist, I don't much care which team wins the election.  Except that it would be nice not to have to be subjected to Trudeau's wokeness. It is that woke PC stuff that has landed Canada with a bunch of incompetents around the cabinet table.

Maybe a minority govt will bring the politicians to their senses.

PS:  I didn't notice the Drama Teacher doing much to offend the dairy cartel in his new-Nafta negotiations last year.  Or can he blame (or thank) the Ukrainean lady for that?

Yes, I'm a social democrate who has always voted for the party that gave Canadians the Canada Pension Plan and single payer Medicare for all. I've been fortunate to live in a province where 1/2 my lifetime we have had NDP gov. If I don't like what the party does I just don't vote. Which most likely will happen this fall with the empty turban in charge. Too bad because I greatly admired Tom Mulcair. When Happy Jack took down Paul Martin and got Harper elected I was so pissed I did vote Green but have since come to my senses. Outside of Mad Max all the parties suck up to the Dairy Cartel.

5 hours ago, bristolboy said:

The new Research Co. poll finds that just 17 per cent of people polled think Trump’s presidency has been good for Canada, and 65 per cent say it has been bad or very bad.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2019/06/19/canadians-think-donald-trump-is-bad-for-canada-poll/

Trump wasn't elected to be good for Canada. He was elected to be good for America. The days of America putting the interests of foreign countries ahead of their own (unless it is Israel- that never seems to change, lol) are over. 

1 hour ago, usviphotography said:

Trump wasn't elected to be good for Canada. He was elected to be good for America. The days of America putting the interests of foreign countries ahead of their own (unless it is Israel- that never seems to change, lol) are over. 

I was replying to this:

"Why does this soy boy think he represents Canada?"

But it is typical of some that they believe in zero sum thinking. Anyway, despite Trump proclaiming how awful NAFTA was, the Great Negotiator proposed replacement, differs very little from it.

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think it's surprising how many people still try to defend Trump. He is an a$$h0le, there is no double about that.

And if he would the village idiot somewhere nobody would care. He would be just the village idiot.

But 62 million people voted for him. That is the scary part.

And lots of people still support him. That's even scarier.

And they pretend to be the leading nation in this world. What a bad joke.

And Tradeau is a gay clown on the world stage ! What an embarrassment for most Canadians systematically destroying his own people and country ! Atleast Trump is firstly for America and Americans unlike this traitorous buffoon !

13 minutes ago, john ianson said:

And Tradeau is a gay clown on the world stage ! What an embarrassment for most Canadians systematically destroying his own people and country ! Atleast Trump is firstly for America and Americans unlike this traitorous buffoon !

50 minutes ago, john ianson said:

Say it to his face.

image.jpg.24a875a333d7cd77c3caf6c7e216aabc.jpg

5 hours ago, usviphotography said:

I hope you are not suggesting 'American Interference' in Canada's election?  USA would NEVER do anything like that!  only the Russians do that - America is just being 'helpful' with Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Canada, Syria, Israel and all the rest.

Toronto  has a huge Srilankan Tamil population. I saw them here in my former Bangkok apartment complex  and they all travel on Canadian passports.

I wont say what their line of business was but you can guess.

Canada should look in its own backyard before judging others.

3 hours ago, john ianson said:

I guess he's a traitorous buffoon because even though he must be trying to he can't damage Canada's economy? (I guess he has to leave that to Trump)

Canadian economy is giving Justin Trudeau A stronger momentum ahead of the fall election

Canada's economic performance has been firming up, with rising consumer confidence putting a wind in Liberal sails

https://business.financialpost.com/news/economy/economic-rebound-gives-trudeau-momentum-ahead-of-fall-election

23 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

They have access to travel records.

If my relative had been non-Caucasian - the s*it would have hit the fan.

Acupuncture and Thai massage are about one tenth of the Canadian cost. Thus the holiday pays for its self.

The feminists ignored his documented disability, and took illegal* action based upon race, and sexual orientation. *(They took his application out of the system. Fortunately, they foolishly enclosed a letter explaining why they did it.)

I find your "story" stretches credibility... feminists are PRO sex-workers, it empowers women...

6 hours ago, Lucius verus said:

Toronto  has a huge Srilankan Tamil population. I saw them here in my former Bangkok apartment complex  and they all travel on Canadian passports.

I wont say what their line of business was but you can guess.

Canada should look in its own backyard before judging others.

Seems most of them are Tamils, a mistreated minority in Sri Lanka. Many are refugees. God knows why you think that they are up to some sort of disreputable activity.

On July 19, 2019 at 4:43 AM, blazes said:

Trudeau has embarrassed Canadians in the last four years, notably by his absurd "Indian" dresswear in India.  He looked such a total nitwit it is strange the SJWs did not accuse him of "cultural appropriation" (another branch of "racism").

Worst of all he has nobody around him who could have told him that the arrest of the Huawei heiress was going to cost Canada very dear (ask Canadian hog farmers!).  His Cabinet walked blindly into a trap set by Trump to minimise the damage suffered by American farmers by his own trade war with the Chinese.

The Trudeauites could easily have got in touch with the airline she was on and told her to stay on board and simply carry on to Mexico City.  Problem solved, but little Trudeau wanted to please Uncle Donald.

Look who else is pandering.

image.jpg.5eb75bc5f9a970b7a1f8cfe554c50678.jpgimage.jpg.7a1052a90c954ed260dd8ae9e07f5f4e.jpg

1 hour ago, pegman said:

Look who else is pandering.

image.jpg.5eb75bc5f9a970b7a1f8cfe554c50678.jpgimage.jpg.7a1052a90c954ed260dd8ae9e07f5f4e.jpg

Well, at least his incorrect hand-clasp suggests he is a trifle embarrassed by this ordeal, unlike the Liberal guy's perpetually self-satisfied grin at the camera....

With feet like those, Scheer and the missis would be more than welcome in LoS.

On 7/19/2019 at 4:43 PM, blazes said:

So if I find you a photo of, say, Stephen Harper wearing Vietnamese costume, you'll be stunned and embarrassed? Doubt it because, well, who cares about either of them doing so?

As to the "Huawei trap", you may be right that it was a wily move by Uncle Donald. But I can't see your solution working out very well in any case. Furthermore, if your best friend and partner stabs you in the back out of nowhere, well, best to find that out sooner than later.  Tell me, do you think it ethical or right that Uncle Don screwed over Canada like that?

5 minutes ago, JCauto said:

So if I find you a photo of, say, Stephen Harper wearing Vietnamese costume, you'll be stunned and embarrassed? Doubt it because, well, who cares about either of them doing so?

As to the "Huawei trap", you may be right that it was a wily move by Uncle Donald. But I can't see your solution working out very well in any case. Furthermore, if your best friend and partner stabs you in the back out of nowhere, well, best to find that out sooner than later.  Tell me, do you think it ethical or right that Uncle Don screwed over Canada like that?

Americans like the cowboy who leads the wagon train by riding ahead alone on his horse, the ... America has no permanent friends or enemies, only interests" 

and Trump is all about self-interest

21 minutes ago, JCauto said:

How about Harper dressed as a cowboy? I was certainly stunned and embarrassed by that.image.thumb.jpg.1ecbf10b2d7cecfcf59e38c3b05a6a37.jpg

8 hours ago, blazes said:

Well, at least his incorrect hand-clasp suggests he is a trifle embarrassed by this ordeal, unlike the Liberal guy's perpetually self-satisfied grin at the camera....

With feet like those, Scheer and the missis would be more than welcome in LoS.

Or you could read the photo as "he's clueless"

That interpretation would would be just as groundless as yours.

The photo as a Rorschach test.

Archived