Pattaya: Thai maid steals 130,000 baht from three foreign tourists

webfact

Pattaya: Thai maid steals 130,000 baht from three foreign tourists

1pm1.jpg
Thai caption: Light fingered maid

Police in Pattaya announced the arrest of a 52 year old Pattaya maid who stole 130,000 baht from the room safes of three tourists. 

S__4571162.jpg
Picture: 77Kaoded

Screenshot_15-5.jpg

The tourists, who had stayed in rooms 414,415 and 417 at the hotel in Soi Bua Khao, Central Pattaya, were pictured thanking Pattaya chief Pol Col Prawit Chorseng and his team with a basket of flowers. 

1pm2.jpg

CCTV soon led the police to suspect Wimon "Jum" Sangngern.

Police went to her room in Jomtien and found the money. They also found 0.36 grams of "ice" methamphetamine. 

S__18112595.jpg

Wimon admitted all the thefts. She used a spare room key then stole the money in Sterling and Euros left in the safes.

She was charged with theft during the hours of darkness, possession of a Class 1 restricted narcotic and taking the drug. 

Source: 77Kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-19

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not the case whereby a person steals because he/she has to eat, but out of criminal intent, and thus should be dealt using the full force of the law, if only to show that people's money and valuables kept in safes in homes and hotel are protected by the law...

There is no statement on HOW she got into the room safes?  Were they left open?  Mine has a 4 digit combination and a key.  She stole the spare room key to gain entry is all it says.  

3 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

There is no statement on HOW she got into the room safes?  Were they left open?  Mine has a 4 digit combination and a key.  She stole the spare room key to gain entry is all it says.   

These cheap hotel safes often have a general password which is the same on all models and can be found online

In case they don't have it they can usually still be opened in less than a minute without special tools if you know how, there are many youtube videos explaining it.

23 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Is doing their job such a rare occasion that it warrants gratitude and flowers ! Thought that's what they are supposed to do and are paid to do.

This is a very serious case:

1) they clearly show the face of the Thai crook, as if she was a farang;

2) all those police have been taken off robbing road users for this photo op.

19 minutes ago, jackdd said:

These cheap hotel safes often have a general password which is the same on all models and can be found online

In case they don't have it they can usually still be opened in less than a minute without special tools if you know how, there are many youtube videos explaining it.

Checked out the first 3 youtube videos and none would apply to my less "cheap" safe. 

None of the safes in the video had a key as well as a keypad. 

All were on how to bypass the 4-6 digit password, but I can see how most hotel safes are not "safe"  now - will keep in mind next time I am travelling, thank you

56 minutes ago, ezzra said:

This is not the case whereby a person steals because he/she has to eat, but out of criminal intent, and thus should be dealt using the full force of the law, if only to show that people's money and valuables kept in safes in homes and hotel are protected by the law...

And to show that it's very easy to open typical safes in hotel rooms.

But did she have help to do that? Is there a mastermind?

2 hours ago, Skallywag said:

My question too.

She had a spare room key. So far not unusual for a maid.

But what hotel is that which enables a maid to open the room safe?

Poor safety (assuming she could get hold of the mechanical key or a mastercode).

32 minutes ago, Kim J said:

The question is why did this tart have access to either.

Some hotels take it very relaxed.

Once at the place in the area:

after arriving I had a problem with the room safe.

Asked for help AND: the fairly drunk car park attendant (in his 20s) came in and typed an 8-digit master-code. I didn't visit this place again.

At my preferred place there is only one person per shift at the reception who can open room safes. In previous times only the manager could handle and not before 8 AM :ohmy:

Can get you in trouble.

My question too.
She had a spare room key. So far not unusual for a maid.
But what hotel is that which enables a maid to open the room safe?
Poor safety (assuming she could get hold of the mechanical key or a mastercode).

Unfortunately hotel safes are renowned for their lack of safety aspect.

Plenty of YouTube videos showing how easily they can be opened with various objects, including a potato !! ????

3 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Just hit it on top........scary shi_e watching this now. Once I had more than 2 million baht in such a "safe". lol

14 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Unfortunately hotel safes are renowned for their lack of safety aspect.

I know this type of simple 999 Baht safes and the corresponding videos.

But as the article lacks details it's speculation whether this applies here.

And the ones I know are quite a bit harder to crack.

Of course it's not for your 20 carat diamond collection but safety overall in a hotel depends on more than a safe. Depends much on management/procedures/selection of staff.

2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

I thought that Was NCC1701A...................:sorry:

2 hours ago, faraday said:

I think NCC needs to clear this matter up.

I suggest he posts a pic of himself wearing the Pink Leotard that Trans has....

:clap2:

Its not easy being me. it's a dirty job but somebody has to do it.

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Looking at the sexy babe in the photo, first thing that i thought of was.... NCC1701As new girlfriend.????????:cheesy:????????:cheesy:

Careful Colin he could sue you. His distaff interests are a bit more mature than that, I heard.

Rooster

Archived