Chance of no-deal Brexit rises as Johnson leads Hunt - Reuters poll

webfact

all this talk about brexit leading to recession gets right up my grommet,who exactly are these self styled "experts"? the same mob who told us we,d all be doomed if we didn,t join the euro? theres currently 8 people on the waiting list for every vacant council property,theres over 3.5 million eu citizens living in the uk,what do,es that tell you about their own countries?it,s obvious the eu are not going to negotiate any trading terms until we,re out,thats why may [who was a remainer,what happened to her mantra =no deal is better than a bad deal?]tried 3 times to put a scheme,sorry "deal" thru that would have kept us in the eu forever,never forget how the people voted, THATS DEMOCRACY.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/20/2019 at 5:55 AM, david555 said:

Oh Oh !...poor Boris feel almost sorry for him ….. I said "ALMOST "...

(British politics is fun ...really entertaining as long not being a Brit …???? ) )

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/18/tory-rebels-send-stark-warning-to-boris-johnson-over-no-deal-brexit

Tory rebels send stark warning to Boris Johnson over no-deal Brexit

Emphatic majority in vote aiming to prevent suspension of parliament in October

MPs have given Boris Johnson a brutal preview of the scale of the challenge facing his premiership, as Conservative rebels voted to block any attempt to suspend parliament in order to force through a no-deal Brexit.

The new measure was passed by a hefty 41-vote majority, after a day of drama in Westminster which saw the resignation of one minister and abstentions from four rebellious cabinet ministers, who will soon be on the backbenches, as well as half a dozen others.

Among ministers who defied the whip and did not vote on the complex backbench amendment were the chancellor, Philip Hammond; the justice secretary, David Gauke; the business secretary, Greg Clark; and Rory Stewart, the international development secretary.

Hammond, who will end three years as chancellor next week, warned the next prime minister that he would be at the forefront of Conservative MPs opposing a no-deal Brexit.“If they are genuinely seeking a deal, then they have my full support. If not, I’ll fight no deal every inch of the way,” Hammond said.

hammond knew when boris got in he was going to get the spanish arcer,so he jumped before he was pushed,ahhh the attitudes of these sawdust ceasers,pity they didn,t put britain and democracy before their own pathetic egos.

On 7/19/2019 at 10:51 AM, natway09 said:

Now we have the US & the UK being run by clowns

I despair but a word of advice stay away from sterling for 10 years

perhaps a good time to change your sterling into baht and invest it in a bar in pattaya

Archived