electric unit price in Hua Hin

federico

Cost per unit (from my latest bill received yesterday) is a tad over 4.9 baht. But to that you must add VAT at 7% and a fluctuating 'fuel' charge, the latter to account for imported gas.

Do the rented houses have individual meters?

5 hours ago, federico said:

what would you say is the real price?

Nationwide there is a sliding/scaled tariff depending on consumption.

Ranges from about 3.8 to 4.5 Baht/unit.

For a small household consumption of 400 kWh it is 4.1 Baht/unit.

For a very high consumption (like 2000) the price is about 4.5 Baht/unit.

https://www.mea.or.th/en/aboutelectric/116/280/form/12

I pay between 3.88 and 5.00 per unit including fixed line charges. The higher rate is for an empty building using about 25 units a month and the lower charge was for a property that consumed 880 units last month.

17 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

My house is on a project in Soi 88. Our maintenance company charges 6 Baht per unit. 

They brought a law in recently where landlords are not supposed to charge more than the government rates for water and electricity, whilst some still do others increased the rent to cover the shortfall.

If you're renting from a property that's part of a development (whether present or fully proscribed), it's likely you're paying an accentuated price which the landlord needs to recoup as that's what they are being charged.

Quite common in developments a while ago, whereby the developers controlled the supply to each property.

At the time (I was looking around), properties around Soi 6 and 92-94 were most prolific in this field.

16 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

They brought a law in recently where landlords are not supposed to charge more than the government rates for water and electricity, whilst some still do others increased the rent to cover the shortfall.

Agreed. We went to a lawyer regarding this, and was told that the maintenance management company are not landlords, so are not obliged to follow the law. We also went to the P.E.A. who just shrugged their shoulders and said they can charge what they want. All the meters on the project are in the name of the maintenance company, and we get a bill via e-mail monthly. We have been informed the extra is to pay for repairs to the main transformer as that has to be done by P.E.A. and is costly. I am still making inquiries, but unfortunately our residence committee, if you can call them that, are about as effective as Trumpton's fire brigade.

If anyone out there has any experience, knowledge or other information then I would be most grateful to hear from you.

16 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Agreed. We went to a lawyer regarding this, and was told that the maintenance management company are not landlords, so are not obliged to follow the law. We also went to the P.E.A. who just shrugged their shoulders and said they can charge what they want. All the meters on the project are in the name of the maintenance company, and we get a bill via e-mail monthly. We have been informed the extra is to pay for repairs to the main transformer as that has to be done by P.E.A. and is costly. I am still making inquiries, but unfortunately our residence committee, if you can call them that, are about as effective as Trumpton's fire brigade.

If anyone out there has any experience, knowledge or other information then I would be most grateful to hear from you.

The 'New Law' only applies to landlords having 3 or more 'rental units' in the 'Same building'. Other than than that, they can basically charge whatever they want.

41 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Having worked in the Electrical Industry for nearly 50 years I have never known of Transformers requiring repair and maintenance although the external ones here have a tendency too blow up now and again.

22 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Cost per unit (from my latest bill received yesterday) is a tad over 4.9 baht. But to that you must add VAT at 7% and a fluctuating 'fuel' charge, the latter to account for imported gas.

Do the rented houses have individual meters?

yes in a moobaan, individual meters

21 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Just got my bill today from the 17 last month to the 19 today my total bill included tax was719.38 that was for 190 units you can figure the unit cost he is making money off your electric bill TIT

yes i know he makes money on it

but it's my hard earned holidays so i will not commit murder this time.

though... ????????????

11 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Doesn't matter how the additional cost is framed. You'll pay more if you don't have a direct PEA meter. Legislation just forced developers to be more sneaky.

On 7/20/2019 at 8:05 AM, AhFarangJa said:

Solar Panels.  Without batteries, can make meter spin backwards in the day, forward by night.

Can start with 6, and go from there.

Just take note of the # on meter when it starts/billing starts.  Then make sure before end of cycle, its a higher number than what you started with, and you will be ok.

With batteries, even more reduction.  (Go LiFePo4)

6 hours ago, matador007 said:

Solar Panels.  Without batteries, can make meter spin backwards in the day, forward by night.

Just take note of the # on meter when it starts/billing starts.  Then make sure before end of cycle, its a higher number than what you started with, and you will be ok.

But, hardly relevant to some-one who's renting a property and quibbling about a charge of 7 THB a unit which isn't too far from the commercial rate.

On 7/25/2019 at 7:27 PM, alacrity said:

But, hardly relevant to some-one who's renting a property and quibbling about a charge of 7 THB a unit which isn't too far from the commercial rate.

hi 

i was not quibbling at all

i was just asking about the normal price in HH area

cheers

fred

On 7/25/2019 at 12:55 PM, matador007 said:

I though the mechanical meters all had clutches in these days.

The disk will spin backwards, but the counter doesn't.

Anyways component prices have reduced by 25% from last year.

320W panels 3,750bht (x2 = 7,500bht), and a 600W grid Tie invertor 2,700bht.

I'm gonna give it a go for 10kbht.

Archived