Would you consider employing someone with visible tattoos

Inked In Asia

IMO Tattoos are a bad decision, what one finds desirable a a particular phase of their life , one might not considered desirable at a later part of their life.

So IMO at the very least tattoos indicate bad decision making or youthful indiscretions of which we all have a few but don't have then prominently displayed on our bodies. 

I have attended many sales seminars by many top sales gurus. Zig Ziglar being one.

every single one has made the same point. In sales (and we are all in sales) you do not want to alienate anyone! No political statements , No religious statements,  Just Vanila. 

If you are going to farm the biker crowd, (to make a point) then perhaps tattoos are good, but thats your niche, If you are going to work the general population VANILA, keep your spices private.

So professionally,  Yes I don't look at tattoos favorably .     

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, TommyTucker said:

IMG_5469.JPG

Two highly qualified members of society that could literally save your life.

Less is more!

Disgusting, being para medic or whatever they are 'highly qualified' in is no excuse for being a cretin, they will look even more ridiculous when they get into old age.

Depends on the position, their qualifications, their criminal history if any, the nature and location of the tattoos, etc. If the tattoos are inflammatory then it would depend on whether it would be a public service job or not. 

5 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

That is merely your opinion, here is the classic definition - "A Profession is a disciplined group of individuals who adhere to ethical standards and who hold themselves out as, and are accepted by the public as possessing special knowledge and skills in a widely recognised body of learning derived from research, education and training at a high level, and who are prepared to apply this knowledge and exercise these skills in the interest of others.  It is inherent in the definition of a Profession that a code of ethics governs the activities of each Profession.  Such codes require behaviour and practice beyond the personal moral obligations of an individual.  They define and demand high standards of behaviour in respect to the services provided to the public and in dealing with professional colleagues.  Further, these codes are enforced by the Profession and are acknowledged and accepted by the community." http://www.professions.com.au/about-us/what-is-a-professional

thank you for confirming my points, police have codes of conduct, and ethics, as do airline pilots

5 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

A profession is, by definition, self-regulating. As an employee you were clearly not a member of a profession

So you are excluding hospital employed doctors, psychiatrists, nurses,  employed lawyers, social workers, case managers

Sitting here reading the replies is interesting to say the least.
We live in a free world and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
But the animosity towards people having tattoos in this discussion is quite extraordinary.
Over the years I have worked with and employed many people with tattoos. They have all been great people, hardworking, conscientious and good fun.
I have also worked with and employed people without tattoos, again all good people.
How would people feel if the teacher teaching their child had tattoos?
How would people feel if the Nurse or Doctor treating your sick child had tattoos?
Would you not eat in a restaurant, if the waiter or waitress had tattoos?
Would you shake the hand of a Member if the Armed Forces is they had a tattoo?
If Angelina Jolie or David Beckham invited you and your family out with their family, would you decline, just because they had tattoos?
If you requested the help of a Policeman, Fireman, or Paramedic would you decline their help if you saw their tattoos??

Some people really need to take a look at themselves and wake up.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

19 hours ago, TommyTucker said:

Over the years I have worked with and employed many people with tattoos.

What kind of jobs?

19 hours ago, TommyTucker said:

How would people feel if the Nurse or Doctor treating your sick child had tattoos?
Would you shake the hand of a Member if the Armed Forces is they had a tattoo?
If you requested the help of a Policeman, Fireman, or Paramedic would you decline their help if you saw their tattoos??

Those are all people you may need help from, and you may not have a choice. It is quite different if the visible tattoo is on a person with customer contact selling something (goods, trust in the company etc.).

If Angelina Jolie or David Beckham invited you and your family out with their family, would you decline, just because they had tattoos?

I would decline because I do not know them.

Archived