MotoGP Buriram accommodation

Kjellis Eriksson

Hideaway Resort Buriram opening September 2019.

-Located 20 km north of Chang International circuit 1 km of Highway 219 and 20 km south of Buriram airport.

-The resort is standing on stilts in a rice field connected with bridges, restaurant available at location.

-The rooms are equipped with air-condition, hot water, mini bar and TV.

-Shaded parking place will be completed

-Nice nature with dirt road along the river.

-Hideaway Resort Buriram is on Google maps and on Grab.

https://www.facebook.com/HideawayResortBuriram/  

Hideaway.jpg

3,000 bht per night lol........I wouldn't call this place a resort, it looks more like any other short time love motel which can be found all over Issan which are usually located in the middle of nowhere that go for 400 bht a night which are tiny cabin size of a prison cell rooms. You must really like your Moto GP to pay those kind of silly prices.

4 minutes ago, time2093 said:

3,000 bht per night lol........I wouldn't call it a resort, This place looks like any other short time love motel which can be found all over Issan located in the middle of nowhere that's 400 bht a night with cabin size of washroom. You must really like your Moto GP to pay those kind of silly prices.

unfortunately there is a real shortage of everything during the races.

1 hour ago, time2093 said:

3,000 bht per night lol........I wouldn't call this place a resort, it looks more like any other short time love motel which can be found all over Issan which are usually located in the middle of nowhere that go for 400 bht a night which are tiny cabin size of a prison cell rooms. You must really like your Moto GP to pay those kind of silly prices.

Like you're remotely interested in bike races anyway.

9 hours ago, madmen said:

OMG 3000 baht tin sheds built on a malaria swamp LMAO 

Better stay at the marriott anywhere and watch it any of hundreds of aircon sports bars getting served by pretties 

Or watch it on tv at home. :smile:

BTW, when is this event?

9 hours ago, madmen said:

OMG 3000 baht tin sheds built on a malaria swamp LMAO 

Better stay at the marriott anywhere and watch it any of hundreds of aircon sports bars getting served by pretties 

I am not familiar with this resort but I do recall 3000 baht a night as a run of the mill price for MotoGP weekend.

Still not enough to keep resorts going though. You can run a business on the proceeds of one weekend a year.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2019 at 9:36 AM, Kjellis Eriksson said:

Only a few rooms left

Well after all , the whole thing only consists of a few rooms, where rooms is actually an exaggeration.

On 9/21/2019 at 8:52 AM, Kjellis Eriksson said:

A few room left due to late cancellations
17.jpg.aedd1ad8d6a2f02248c5ce1db78ee557.jpg

Damn that booked room also got cancelled?

On 7/27/2019 at 8:42 PM, time2093 said:

Don't forget the rock hard mattress. 

On 9/29/2019 at 9:56 AM, ThePioneer said:

Well after all , the whole thing only consists of a few rooms, where rooms is actually an exaggeration.

Damn that booked room also got cancelled?

Rooms full booked, inquiries for next year in full swing. Yesterday 6 mini buses arrived at location asking for room during MotoGP. The prison cells in the swamp seems to be in high demand this year J

4 hours ago, Kjellis Eriksson said:

Rooms full booked, inquiries for next year in full swing.

Well done! advertising pays off! if I had booked one of your rooms the first thing I would notice is that you haven't even bothered to remove the meaningless stickers from the electrical goods in your haste to cash in.

A good lesson on how to instantly make a room look cheap, many here seem to have the same thoughts! :shock1:

15 hours ago, CGW said:

Well done! advertising pays off! if I had booked one of your rooms the first thing I would notice is that you haven't even bothered to remove the meaningless stickers from the electrical goods in your haste to cash in.

A good lesson on how to instantly make a room look cheap, many here seem to have the same thoughts! :shock1:

I have been in Alaska for a month and on the way to LA and Acapulco making some cash, later New York for some more cash. Nice to hear that so many people are talking about my wife’s resort. I will make sure to tell her that plastic stickers is a big NO, NO. I’m happy and think she have done a great job with Hideaway Resort. Good luck to her and looking forward to be back home soon.

32 minutes ago, Kjellis Eriksson said:

I have been in Alaska for a month and on the way to LA and Acapulco making some cash, later New York for some more cash.

Fishing or smuggling?

15 hours ago, Kjellis Eriksson said:

I have been in Alaska for a month and on the way to LA and Acapulco making some cash, later New York for some more cash. Nice to hear that so many people are talking about my wife’s resort. I will make sure to tell her that plastic stickers is a big NO, NO. I’m happy and think she have done a great job with Hideaway Resort. Good luck to her and looking forward to be back home soon.

Congratulations to your wife. The resort does look good. Just remember to let her know that "main ven rai" and "coming soon" won't wash with foreign guests as it does with Thais. When people ask for something they want it then.

Do you know what your wife's business plan is for the rest of the time? After having taken out costs of staff and general running costs during MotoGP weekend the profits won't last long. With a resort quite a distance from town, where are the guests going to come from the rest of the year? Can't run a resort on 5 days fully booked a year.

I actually know Kjellis ErikssonHe is the "real deal".  He did not scrimp on any items that he bought for that resort,  I know his water pressure will be top notch. I will go in person to dine at his restaurant later this week. If Kjellis is made aware of any situations to improve or invest in, I trust he has the resources and mind set to make things right, sooner rather than later.  I am aware of many hotels and resort owners in and near Buriram. My plumbers are now working on "The Grand Hotel" now which is a major rebuild of an old Buriram Hotel near the Train Station. It will be much quieter at Hideaway Resort than most hotels in Buriram. Keep in mind Jack's Resort has been sold out for all three nights since March 2019.   I thought it was only my wife that kept on energy ratings stickers on appliances. 

17 hours ago, kamalabob2 said:

I actually know Kjellis ErikssonHe is the "real deal".  He did not scrimp on any items that he bought for that resort,  I know his water pressure will be top notch. I will go in person to dine at his restaurant later this week. If Kjellis is made aware of any situations to improve or invest in, I trust he has the resources and mind set to make things right, sooner rather than later.  I am aware of many hotels and resort owners in and near Buriram. My plumbers are now working on "The Grand Hotel" now which is a major rebuild of an old Buriram Hotel near the Train Station. It will be much quieter at Hideaway Resort than most hotels in Buriram. Keep in mind Jack's Resort has been sold out for all three nights since March 2019.   I thought it was only my wife that kept on energy ratings stickers on appliances. 

Thanks Bob, the water system is top quality with a steady high pressure thanks to very good equipment and technicians from Ruangsangthai in Buriram  http://www.ruangsangthai.com/Default.aspx?pageid=1

I have only been working for 32 years as an Engineer in the hospitality industry and been part of the new-building team for Norwegian Cruise Line the past six  years, taking out five of the latest ultra-modern ships with a capacity of 4500 guests and 1700 crew members, 18 restaurants and 18 bars. This is a totally different adventure and hopefully my wife can have something to own and be proud of. I will for sure support here as good as I can and try to ensure that all guest will have the best possible service during their stay.

Archived