"Suvarnabhumi is hell" screams Thailand's most famous English teacher

webfact

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

They wonder why tourism in Thailand is down.  Who wants to come here and wait in long lines.  You also have to wait behind some dumb ass people who can't file out the Arrival/Departure card and they hold everyone up because of them.  Of course most of them was Chinese.  

Perhaps Thailand can emulate other countries by providing the cards in the respective language of the majority of the races especially the Chinese . The Indians are better versed in English language.  

14 hours ago, webfact said:

"Immigration officers have to do 8 things in 50 seconds," he said.

These are passport check, visa check, face recognition, blacklist check, scan, interview, take a picture and stamp.

Wow, if I end up drunk and lost in a remote village they know where to find me. No privacy anymore. ????

I think you are one of these guys making endless WAIS to every single Thai you encounter. That would probably include Taxi drivers, janitors, maids etc. By no means I'm trying to be disrespectful for these jobs. But hopefully you get my point. But do I have to become a ass kisser just because I'm an expat in Thailand ? Follow to law and rules, yes. The rest no. But for a Thai this is not enough. 
Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

How presumptuous. But thanks for helping me make my point [emoji23]

Hope you're not trying to encourage Mel52

I never said the airports in Bangkok weren’t crowded obviously they are but so is EVERY OTHER INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT IN ALMOST EVERY MAJOR WORLD CITY. Thailand gets A LOT of visitors compared to most other countries in Asia

Is that tokyo? I recall similar last time i was there. Everyone auto scanning with an assistant at each kiosk to help. Mine wouldnt scan so had to do usual imm control. Took 10 seconds for him to stamp.

Looks like it, maybe Haneda airport

Whining, whining, crying cry babies..  

Try Ataturk Airport in rotten Istanbul, 3 hours, I lost connecting flight, arrogant scumbag bastards them Turks.

Soyouwannaboom? No promblem.. 

[emoji39]

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE! Some of these people are literally insane and just want to believe that it’s just Thailand when a lot of airports around the world are extremely crowded some a lot more than Thailand and have THE SAME PROCEDURES THAT THAILAND HAS WHEN ENTERING THE COUNTRY. Some countries are even stricter than Thailand.

But on Thai Visas conspiracy theorists come together on here for some reason.

I know a lot of Thai people who are my friends and I have Thai family in-laws and I’ve always been treated with respect by most of them. In over 5 years living here I’ve only had one little negative experience with a young nephew of mine. Other than that most Thai people are very nice AND NO NOT JUST PEOPLE IN THE SERVICE INDUSTRY like the other rocket scientist implied lol [emoji23]

If half the booths are not manned. Hire more people to man the vacant booths. This will cut the cures significantly.

They should probably build a few new terminals as well but it’s just another busy airport in another major world city. It’s not some mass government conspiracy just about every country in the world almost uses biometrics screening these days. It’s nothing new and Suvarnabhumi airport has been extremely crowded and busy for several years just like many other airports around the world in major world cities.

People still coming to Thailand...in millions...Suvarnabhumi is a hell, but they don't really care...Actually, it is an entrance to Heaven through a decorative Hell. Come inside and have a fun... Fell special, feel like never before... Feel Thailand!

1 hour ago, TITOLAS said:

Yes! Thailand is not westerners friendly since long tine yet!
The most thais are retarded compared to us. They think their Country is heaven or what ?
It stinks everywhere, at arrival airport in bkk YES it is hell ! And no! Thailand never feed us! But WE, FOREIGNERS FEED THAILAND! Without us, what would they be? Not much more than Papua new Guinea primitive people.
Moreover it’s the brothel of the world. Such a corrupt Country has the rulers that they deserve. Yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

May I assume that you do not live in Thailand and never intend returning here?

I'm not sure how things can improve if the IOs have eight things to do.

Therefore the only way to improve the situation is to lessen that number. I've mentioned two of these in the past:

1. Use trainees/temps/whatever to do the biometric checking before the IO gets to see the passenger.

2. Change from a full set of fingerprint to one finger. If it's good enough for Schengen surely it should be OK for Thailand

3. Limit the number flights arriving during meal break times. Andrew Biggs arrived between 12 and 2pm. Now that's asking for trouble!????

There is many ways to ask Tourist to stay away…….I had a similar experience ones, when i should leave Thailand. Both Escalators down to the Place, where we show the passport for the last time was stopped….not because they didn't work, but because there was no more space for people downstairs!!!  I really though about it...Do i want to risk that kind of Bullshit one more time? or should i look for another place to spend my Holidays.....and now is the Bath on rise, so one more reason to be openminded for a new Country in the Southeast…. 

21 hours ago, webfact said:

"OK it's not hell. But it's the front door to the country we love. I was frustrated by what I saw yesterday because I am concerned about the image of Thailand."

Wow, he was concerned about the image of a country that opens up brothels (aka bars) and pimp their poor daughters to older, creepy sexpats for marriage through out the land.

1. Use trainees/temps/whatever to do the biometric checking before the IO gets to see the passenger.

This is exactly what is happening at Nong Khai land border immigration, where fingerprint scanning was recently introduced.  There is a temp in a yellow shirt at each immigration booth helping everyone to correctly use the scanners.

Now if only the IOs at that checkpoint knew what an Elite visa is, my own entry into Thailand would be a lot faster... ????

21 hours ago, SammyT said:

I arrived last Saturday evening and it was exactly the same. Queues stretching back to the concourse for foreign passports with quite a few booths unmanned. So not just a busy weekday problem. 

This was poor management given they would know well in advance the approximate numbers of flights and passengers to expect. There is zero incentive to change it because it doesnt impact the Thais or Chinese who have their own special queues

I stopped flying in that airport. The queue is always very very long there. The men handling the immigration were always pleasant though and the women seemed leery and rude and always demanding answers to things like why i am not getting a hotel in the city i live. 

Immigration at Don Mueang is loads faster and friendlier to arrivals. 

As for their logic to why the lines are so big, is common sense that when a large number of planes are arriving to have all personnel manning the booths. Something that i have never seen at that airport. Poor management there i assume. Face saving to the press about the reasons for it. 

21 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

So 44 flights arriving surprised the immigration folk?

Did they all arrive without warning?

It is called management to look at the expected workload and plan accordingly. Just one of the things that impacts on the chances of a tourist returning or recommending to others whether it is worth the effort to go to Thailand, even before the exchange rate is considered.

Your asking Immigration be logical, that is a word they do not understand at all ! 

Archived