"Suvarnabhumi is hell" screams Thailand's most famous English teacher

webfact

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know I see all these people complaining and a few whining about crowded airports although of course Thailand seems to be the main focus even though it’s like this all over the world because the majority of the posters on here are mostly only familiar with Suvarnabhumi at least lately anyway for most of us.

But maybe the reason why I almost think it’s comical is because of my 21 years of military experience, because of that people like me are just probably used to putting up with a lot of extra BS so people like me don’t complain about the little things as much I think that’s what it really is it’s just a psychological thing because of people with different backgrounds.

Although I do fully understand the need for the extra security and biometrics screening at all airports especially international. I also understand that Suvarnabhumi has ALWAYS been a VERY BUSY airport as long as I can remember from when I first started coming here 10 years ago it’s just the way it is. But of course there’s always the people who have trouble excepting change and new normals even in this day and age post 9-11 and even though this has been a way of life at almost all airports for almost two decades now. It ain’t gonna get fixed overnight.

But maybe I can understand why a lot of people can’t stand a lot of stressful situations that don’t bother me because I’ve been used to putting up with a lot of extra BS my whole life I mean I did spend 21 years in the military. It just depends on what kind of person you are, but unless you are an extremely frequent traveler especially to Thailand back and fourth which a lot of us maybe you shouldn’t complain. When I was still working sometimes I would complain a little at the airport because it can be very stressful for anyone. But it’s not a conspiracy against foreigners in Thailand this happens at a lot of airports around the world.

Basically I guess I’m just used to putting up with extra BS so I don’t understand why other people complain about some things that don’t bother me as much. I remember when I used to travel TDY on business all the time I was always in such a hurry to get the hell out of the airport and get my rental car no matter where I was in the world. Even on leisure travel but I guess when you’re retired I’m just never really in a hurry anymore. So that’s part of it to.

Archived