UPDATE: 3,000 baht Phuket van fare for Australians tourists “all a misunderstanding”

webfact

40 minutes ago, Mansell said:

These girls are not to bright......the fares are posted inside the airport and outside quite prominently for the whole island. There is no need to negotiate. 

They're "not too bright"?  Really? 

You could always read the link to find out why they chose to negotiate

26 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

No, that is not the correct clarification, the girls wanted the van to themselves, didn't want to wait for it to fill up, as is normal practice at B200 pp, so they negotiated the price for them only.

I realise with all the trolling you do you have lost all logic and common sense . 200 per person X 8 people equals 1600

but do not let facts stop you from trolling more , carry on ????

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

I realise with all the trolling you do you have lost all logic and common sense . 200 per person X 8 people equals 1600

but do not let facts stop you from trolling more , carry on ????

I can't believe you don't have this troll & all the similar trolls on your ignore list.  They add nothing useful to this forum.

2 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

The fact is that they negotiated a rate of B2,000 to save them from waiting.

Let’s try again, full van is 1600. So without waiting 1600

which part of this do you struggle with?

9 minutes ago, Samuel Smith said:

I can't believe you don't have this troll & all the similar trolls on your ignore list.  They add nothing useful to this forum.

This particular troll is entertaining as another member once said , there is no hole he will not climb into ????

13 minutes ago, BestB said:

Let’s try again, full van is 1600. So without waiting 1600

which part of this do you struggle with?

None of it, I'm not disputing your first class maths.   Why are you struggling with the very straightforward "they negotiated the B2,000 fare"?

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

None of it, I'm not disputing your first class maths.   Why are you struggling with the very straightforward "they negotiated the B2,000 fare"?

Let’s try third time .

normal price is 1600 baht . People do not negotiate price up, they negotiate down 

so anything over normal price of 1600 is a rip off

4 minutes ago, BestB said:

Let’s try third time .

normal price is 1600 baht . People do not negotiate price up, they negotiate down 

so anything over normal price of 1600 is a rip off

Airport taxi would have been 1,000 baht at most. These gals just know nothing. Why talk about 2,000 or 3,000 or 1,600. Idiots

1 hour ago, LivinginKata said:

Airport taxi would have been 1,000 baht at most. These gals just know nothing. Why talk about 2,000 or 3,000 or 1,600. Idiots

Just going by what driver said , 200 per person for a sit in mini van, so should have been 1600 if they wanted the whole van for themselves 

14 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Somehow I cannot imagine our own UK prime minster being dragged into a tourist overpaying £20 on a taxi fare

No but she would probably go in and negotiate from a starting position of 6000 baht

I am amazed that the POLICE called the tourists back again, they are the victims, why the hell did the police NOT GO to where the tourists were and deal with the matter .

If I got ripped off I would not keep going for a talk with the Police I would let the press/media deal with it unless of course transport was provided, then an Embassy representative would also be in attendance. 

Closed doors ….never !! 

13 minutes ago, Khun Paul said:

I am amazed that the POLICE called the tourists back again, they are the victims, why the hell did the police NOT GO to where the tourists were and deal with the matter .

If I got ripped off I would not keep going for a talk with the Police I would let the press/media deal with it unless of course transport was provided, then an Embassy representative would also be in attendance. 

Closed doors ….never !! 

You overate how helpful embassy employees are or will be, as nice as it'd be, they're not at your beck and call.

Massive LOL at some of these Thailand experts tutting and tsking that the girls were "stupid" enough to not know where to find an airport taxi and how to negotiate. Not everyone has the benefit of having lived in Thailand for a while and knowing their way around. 

I guess those posters were never young, naive and on their first time to Thailand and just skipped straight to expert level. I've been ripped off by airport taxis in different countries before, as have most people I know. Sometimes it's just a steep learning curve. 

20 minutes ago, SammyT said:

Massive LOL at some of these Thailand experts tutting and tsking that the girls were "stupid" enough to not know where to find an airport taxi and how to negotiate. Not everyone has the benefit of having lived in Thailand for a while and knowing their way around. 

I guess those posters were never young, naive and on their first time to Thailand and just skipped straight to expert level. I've been ripped off by airport taxis in different countries before, as have most people I know. Sometimes it's just a steep learning curve. 

And now there is Google to research .... I check anywhere I travel.  Even at my mature age and 50 years travelling.

19 hours ago, Just Weird said:

They're "not too bright"?  Really? 

You could always read the link to find out why they chose to negotiate

rue they didn't want wait till the van filled up but

WHY didn't they take a phuket limo taxi for around 1,000 baht
why take the van at all?

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 2:14 PM, phuketrichard said:

why take the van at all?

Don't ask me, but they didn't, and that is what is relevant. 

Perhaps they weren't aware of the limo service.

On 7/20/2019 at 2:14 PM, phuketrichard said:

why take the van at all?

Um, as the article said, they couldnt be bothered waiting??

Maybe tired and grabbed the first option that presented??

They probably also figured that was the better/safer option than trying to deal with sleazy BS private car touts that would of been falling all over themselves to get to the sek-ka-see farang.

Anyway, those girls probably pull in good money in Aus.

A taxi from Melb airport into city is probably equivalent to 1500baht so maybe they thought a van for that price was ok.

Remember they are not like the Thaivisa kee-noks saving coins for the baht bus!!

Archived