Vientiane visa for visiting half-thai child

Hello

I will be going to Vientiane to apply for a non-immigrant O visa (reason: raising half-thai child).

The documents I have are:

* Copy of mother's Thai ID;

* Copy of blue book entries for mother and child;

* Original and copy of birth certificate.

A few questions:

1. The blue book that the mother and child are registered in belongs to a family friend. The mother and child are listed with their Thai identification numbers in the blue book. I am also listed in the blue book (with my name in Thai script, and my nationality). I was told this won't be a problem. Is there anything I should be aware of about this?

2. The birth certificate has my name on it in Thai script. Will this be acceptable?

3. I was given a red stamp from Vientiane last time warning about too many tourist visas. Now I will be applying for a non-immigrant O visa. Will this red stamp cause any issues?

Thanks

I do not believe you will have a problem. However, you can never be completely certain until you try. Even if someone else was successful last week in an apparently identical situation, that is no guarantee of what the official dealing with you will decide today.

I see no problem with the documents you have listed.

1. You are shown in the blue house book as being the parent of your child. Your child being shown in it is the only important entry in it.

2. Yes

3. Not a problem since you will be applying for a non-o visa.

Have you made an appointment to do the application yet. That is required at Vientiane. See: https://thaivisavientiane.com/#

2 hours ago, newbruisers23 said:

A few questions:

1. The blue book that the mother and child are registered in belongs to a family friend. The mother and child are listed with their Thai identification numbers in the blue book. I am also listed in the blue book (with my name in Thai script, and my nationality). I was told this won't be a problem. Is there anything I should be aware of about this?

No, none.

2. The birth certificate has my name on it in Thai script. Will this be acceptable?

Yes. It’s always in Thai.

3. I was given a red stamp from Vientiane last time warning about too many tourist visas. Now I will be applying for a non-immigrant O visa. Will this red stamp cause any issues?

No, it’s specific to Tourist Visas. You now applying for what they would consider an appropriate visa.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I see no problem with the documents you have listed.

1. You are shown in the blue house book as being the parent of your child. Your child being shown in it is the only important entry in it.

2. Yes

3. Not a problem since you will be applying for a non-o visa.

Have you made an appointment to do the application yet. That is required at Vientiane. See: https://thaivisavientiane.com/#

Thank Ubonjoe.

Perfect, thanks for the reply. I did make the appointment and it's been confirmed. Thanks again for the follow up.