Non O visa in Hong Kong

Hi all, 

Has anyone gotten a non O visa based on either marriage (asking for me) or retirement (asking for a friend) in Hong Kong recently? What are the required documents? 

I looked on the website, but could only find info about non B and non OA visas. 

It appears there is a problem with their website.

Normally when you select your country it takes you to page with the info about other visas.

It appears to only be working for a few countries that are restricted as to what can be applied for.

I suggest you contact them about getting the mentioned visas.

A single entry non-o visa based upon marriage should not be a problem but for retirement I would say not possible there.

Had a friend try to get a non b in HK, they turned him away and gave him a setv instead after kicking up a stink, this was 2 days ago, staff at HK advised the website has incorrect info on it, apparently they are really busy and are only issuing visas for hk residents currently

Edited by kmw

Update: I can confirm that you can apply for a single entry Non O marriage visa, as I have just done so. Pick up tomorrow morning. Relatively painless. 

However, I can also confirm that they will only process Non O retirement visas for HK residents (I asked for a friend). 

For marriage visa, you need: 

- copy of passport

- copy of HK entry slip

- copy of marriage certificate 

- copy of spouse's ID card

They didn't specifically ask, but I also submitted (and they kept):

- copy of spouse's tabien bahn

- Kor Ror 2

Fee: HK$600 (equivalent to about 2,200 THB) 

Showed up about 10:30 and in and out in about 20 min. 

45 minutes ago, bigbadthaijohn said:

Update: I can confirm that you can apply for a single entry Non O marriage visa, as I have just done so. Pick up tomorrow morning. Relatively painless. 

However, I can also confirm that they will only process Non O retirement visas for HK residents (I asked for a friend). 

For marriage visa, you need: 

- copy of passport

- copy of HK entry slip

- copy of marriage certificate 

- copy of spouse's ID card

They didn't specifically ask, but I also submitted (and they kept):

- copy of spouse's tabien bahn

- Kor Ror 2

Fee: HK$600 (equivalent to about 2,200 THB) 

Showed up about 10:30 and in and out in about 20 min. 

I suppose they would accept to issue a Non O visa based on foreigner being parent of a Thai child as well, as the requirements are pretty similar.

When you applied for your Non O marriage visa, did they require any financial proofs/bank statements or anything alike? (I neither have 400k nor 800k readily available).

1 hour ago, bigbadthaijohn said:

as i understood it, they offer the non O-A long stay visa for HK residents only.  they do not offer the 90 day non O based on retirement for anyone, HK resident or non HK resident. 

edit:  my friend, an HK resident, came to thailand last year for 70 days.  he asked me what was his best visa option.  too long a stay for visa exempt plus extension, SETV would be okay but he'd have to get an extension at CW in BKK, the 90 day non imm O was perfect as he was over 50 and has the required money in the bank.  they told him SETV, not possible to get the 90 day non imm O.

Edited by buick