Tourism minister plans to get back the lost Europeans - with MASSAGE and GANJA!

webfact

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Will he aim for recreational marijuana to be legal? Or will tourists need to apply for a medical marijuana license and be subject to the usual extortion from police if they don't have it?

Will there be a special lane at swampy immigration where u can get a visa exempt entry + a medical marijuana license at the same time?

36 minutes ago, Bastos60 said:

You can't make this shit up.

Does he think all the Europeans and Americans are on weed?
If we want to get a massage while high on ganja I go to the netherlands.

Actually, I think it would give a huge boost being able to smoke and go to a paradise like beach and nature like what we have in Thailand.

2 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

I like this guy. Laugh all you like but for many westerners Thailand's image really is a lawless land where you can relax with a massage and a blunt. One of the main reasons westerners aren't coming is the previous TAT trying to change Thailand's image to a clean, orderly, "family destination".

I'm not sure if it'll work (damage's already done), but at least this guy is realistic which is a good start. Also AirBNB being illegal is a huge problem both for hosts and guests. Make it legal, and leave it up to the condos to decide if they allow it or not.

How is Airbnb a problem? Aren't the hotels all empty? Is lack of accommodation really an issue here???

3 hours ago, Sonhia said:

These people are scratching now because the signs are so clear, foreginers have enough!

Two days ago, I was pysically attacked at the Royal Garden Plaza shopping mall in Pattaya city by a jumped up, egotisic, racist Thai secrutiy guard on first floor near the information desk because I had gone to the first floor to have a browse and was unaware that the mall opens at 11am, it was my first and last visit there.  After the attack I telephoned 191 the Police, who attened the scene and took the racist crazed Thai egotistic to the police station in soi 9 Pattaya for questionings . Subsequently, I reported the attack to the tourist police Pattaya plus filed a formal  online complaint to TAT as well as wriiting letters of complaint to various Thai governing bodies including my Embassy.

It is not drugs and massage rourists want, they want egual rights, much more respect, far less extortion, fraud, lawkessness, pollution where do I stop.

This certainly is not Paradise!

Time to pull heads out of the sand.

Get out...

I think you are confusing expats with tourists.

8 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Gee I guess stoners are even more welcomed now than the horrible long stay western male expat.... 

They are frequently one and the same. Thailand got on the tourist map in the 60s and 70 via stoners who enjoyed the O, Thai grass and magic mushrooms.  Then a load of straights and squares moved in. Same thing happened in Goa and other parts of Indian. Pakistan  Afghanistan and Iran were also part of the hippy trail but moslem extremists in those countries killed off tourism. 

6 hours ago, ehs818 said:

Am I the only one who thinks that trying to entice Europeans with ganja is simply silly. Has anyone else ever been to Amsterdam? Plenty of smoke related products there, plenty of lovely girls too. And no huge airfare or commute time involved for them. This idea is a loser!

And a beer is there if you need one after a massage every day of the year.

7 minutes ago, hobz said:

How is Airbnb a problem? Aren't the hotels all empty? Is lack of accommodation really an issue here???

It is believed that Air BnB competes unfairly with hotels. But it was not just the war on Air BnB that has caused problems but also the war on, small hotels, guest houses etc. It thought that such measures were influenced by Chinese mass tour operators who feared their future client base would utilise the smaller  cheaper accommodation options.

19 minutes ago, hobz said:

Actually, I think it would give a huge boost being able to smoke and go to a paradise like beach and nature like what we have in Thailand.

That's precisely what we used to do here,1987 Mae Nam Beach 60 Baht a night Bamboo bungalow on the waters edge Ganja from the restaurant ahh the good ole bad days in paradise pure bliss. That's what got me hooked on this place.

2 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

I like this guy. Laugh all you like but for many westerners Thailand's image really is a lawless land where you can relax with a massage and a blunt. One of the main reasons westerners aren't coming is the previous TAT trying to change Thailand's image to a clean, orderly, "family destination".

I'm not sure if it'll work (damage's already done), but at least this guy is realistic which is a good start. Also AirBNB being illegal is a huge problem both for hosts and guests. Make it legal, and leave it up to the condos to decide if they allow it or not.

Too right about family destination nonsense and the anti drug laws are wittless especially to younger travellers and anybody else with knowledge and experience.  Having a military Junta does not help. Thailand needs to revert back to its free wheeling, fun and rough and tumble free for all. Bring back the shroom omelettes and Thai sticks! Make Thailand Great Again!

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

That's precisely what we used to do here,1987 Mae Nam Beach 60 Baht a night Bamboo bungalow on the waters edge Ganja from the restaurant ahh the good ole bad days in paradise pure bliss. That's what got me hooked on this place.

Yeah. I remember when Koh Samui was worth visiting, few hotels, no mass tourism, no airport but great range of substances to elevate the mind. Same with Goa. I lived on Anjuna Beach in 74. It was like paradise.

6 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Bring back the shroom omelettes

I found some Gold Tops growing in some cow sh!t in our backyard so I asked the misses if she new what they were she said they were poisonous,haha!Haven't seen them since.

8 hours ago, wotsdermatter said:

Thai massage can be dangerous as the applicants are not trained to realise that their manouevres/manipulations can break bones or dislocate joints due to incorrect  application of pressure.  Tried it once and the "masseuse" could not understand why I refused application to certain joints.  I have had two discs removed from my spine, both hips replaced, and one knee replaced.  Even after showing her the scars from the operations she wanted to continue by attempting to "walk" on my spine and move my other joints.  Gave up and walked away leaving her frustrated as I refused to pay.  As for the other idea, I have never, nor will I ever use the stuff even if it is classified as "medical".  Lots of "crap" espoused without any thought or research going into the ideas before they are made public.

'nuf sed.

Actually a great deal of research has been done in medical marijuana and research is constantly learning more. It has been proven to have many medical benefits and in fact the U.S. Government is now considering allowing it for Veterans Administration healthcare applications.

4 hours ago, hobz said:

So Will he aim for recreational marijuana to be legal? Or will tourists need to apply for a medical marijuana license and be subject to the usual extortion from police if they don't have it?

Will there be a special lane at swampy immigration where u can get a visa exempt entry + a medical marijuana license at the same time?

There will be a special lane at kao sarn road where they sell fake marijuhana licenses.

3 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I found some Gold Tops growing in some cow sh!t in our backyard so I asked the misses if she new what they were she said they were poisonous,haha!Haven't seen them since.

I also have them in my yard and often thought they were the same...are they really the same ones?

13 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Hoppy Daze are here again ????

A smoke, a massage and a happy ending. Just have to avoid doing this on those booze free days.

In other words the minister of state sees massage and medical ganja as the key to getting very large numbers of tourists to come to Thailand.

Meaning that he's assuming that millions of foreigners are interested in / wanting massage and will travel across the world for massage, costing many hundreds of $ for the flight and accommodation etc., and what about the family kids, they want massage too to the point they insist on coming to Thailand? 

- Does the minister realize that many foreigners are just not interested in massage, and would have concerns about massage being performed by people not strongly qualified / have zero qualifications, and all with little to zero knowledge of human anatomy etc?

- Does the minister realize that plenty of folks would know that in the LOS massage can easily be a 'mask' over something else, also meaning that plenty of female foreigners would have concerns about their husbands or boyfiends having massage in the LOS?

- Is the minister suggesting massage every day for a 10 day / 1 day holiday or just once? 

- Medical ganja, is the minister believing that millions of foreigners have medical reports stating that they need medical ganja?  

Sorry minister you need to think again.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

In other words the minister of state sees massage and medical ganja as the key to getting very large numbers of tourists to come to Thailand.

Meaning that he's assuming that millions of foreigners are interested in / wanting massage and will travel across the world for massage, costing many hundreds of $ for the flight and accommodation etc., and what about the family kids, they want massage too to the point they insist on coming to Thailand? 

- Does the minister realize that many foreigners are just not interested in massage, and would have concerns about massage being performed by people not strongly qualified / have zero qualifications, and all with little to zero knowledge of human anatomy etc?

- Does the minister realize that plenty of folks would know that in the LOS massage can easily be a 'mask' over something else, also meaning that plenty of female foreigners would have concerns about their husbands or boyfiends having massage in the LOS?

- Is the minister suggesting massage every day for a 10 day / 1 day holiday or just once? 

- Medical ganja, is the minister believing that millions of foreigners have medical reports stating that they need medical ganja?  

Sex and drugs. Tick. What about rock 'n' roll?

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

agree i wouldnt come here as a tourist for the purpose of a massage, but for people on a medical retirement,

with intent on living here, it is very plausible, i'm one of them.

altho i should say that with current exchange rate, i'm not any better off here then home

16 hours ago, wotsdermatter said:

Thai massage can be dangerous as the applicants are not trained to realise that their manouevres/manipulations can break bones or dislocate joints due to incorrect  application of pressure.  Tried it once and the "masseuse" could not understand why I refused application to certain joints.  I have had two discs removed from my spine, both hips replaced, and one knee replaced.  Even after showing her the scars from the operations she wanted to continue by attempting to "walk" on my spine and move my other joints.  Gave up and walked away leaving her frustrated as I refused to pay.  As for the other idea, I have never, nor will I ever use the stuff even if it is classified as "medical".  Lots of "crap" espoused without any thought or research going into the ideas before they are made public.

'nuf sed.

Sound like a drinker , too me, drinkers hate  Ganja Smokers 

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

Well, they  come every year for brothel (aka bars) visits. Did he say massage? What type of massage? Simple massage is not going to work. Must be brothel+ massage. Ganja is not going to work as it is legal for re-recreational purpose in many states. What could work is availability of recreational ganja in brothels combine with special massage.

Archived