Tourism minister plans to get back the lost Europeans - with MASSAGE and GANJA!

webfact

You folks may be a day or two late as Medical Marijuana is legals in almost all the US States

Getting the permit to use & grow is usually less than $50

Alaska

Arizona

Arkansas

California

Colorado

Connecticut

Delaware

District of Columbia

Florida

Hawaii

Illinois

Louisiana

Maine

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Missouri

Montana

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Dakota

Ohio

Oklahoma

Oregon

Pennsylvania

Rhode Island

Utah

Vermont

Washington

West Virginia

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, webfact said:

Pipat recognized that the strength of the baht at 30 to a dollar was not helping tourism. He said 32 to a dollar would be better. 

1 baht at 0.33  compared to 0.31 does not make a smidgen of difference to US tourists

Think again as to why they are no longer eager to vacation in Thailand

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

In other words the minister of state sees massage and medical ganja as the key to getting very large numbers of tourists to come to Thailand.

I think the Minister might see that if he doesn't perform he can kiss his very lucrative ministerial position good bye.Now that we are in what is pretending to be a democracy these guys may have realised that with talented people like Thanathorn around they might have to actually perform,so rather than a key strategy it might be more like he will try anything and everything type of strategy.

16 hours ago, on wards and up wards said:

Sond like he's rushing this one through. Their clueless about how to keep a very lukrative business thriving 

Incorrect, they are CLUELESS ……..period ! 

Why not take of the long-stay ex-pats?  They will bring in tourists.  Since I moved here, I reckon visits from friends/relatives/ex-colleagues total at least thirty.

Make Thailand more user friendly to pensioners and they will pull in the punters.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

The new Thai minister for tourism and sports thinks he can get Europeans and Americans back to visiting Thailand with the promise of massage and ganja. 

He's hit the ground running :stoner:

34 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I think the Minister might see that if he doesn't perform he can kiss his very lucrative ministerial position good bye.Now that we are in what is pretending to be a democracy these guys may have realised that with talented people like Thanathorn around they might have to actually perform,so rather than a key strategy it might be more like he will try anything and everything type of strategy.

Good point and if he wants to be recognised as a successful high performing minister he needs to up his ideas big big time...

6 hours ago, Youlike said:

There will be a special lane at kao sarn road where they sell fake marijuhana licenses.

And 23% of the customers Will be selected for extortion 19 minutes down the road ????

19 hours ago, brokenbone said:

i think i would be disgusted if i saw people smoking ganja all over the place

Fact is, you hardly can't smoke anything in Thailand nowdays including your your room/house or garden.

20 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

You will get them back with Pot and a happy ending.

It always comes down to hookers and drugs. The further they try to get away from that the harder they fall. Embrace it, that’s all this country is good for.

15 hours ago, Caine said:

Suddenly realised the Chinese and Indian don’t spend any money have they ? If they want westerners back sorting  out their ridiculous visa system should be top priority. Just look at the hoops they put travelers through just for a simple tourist visa of any significant length. Bloody nightmare 

I can imagine a few scenarios, 

"I've got a gap between Job contracts, where will I go for a few months, Thailand?" A. Sorry your not working can't give you a visa, your not working, no proof of earnings on this month statement....sorry you have wasted the money on your flights...

or

"Just decided to do a tour of SE Asia, can I have a METV from London" No you can't do that , you have only av £4400 shown in your bank account for six months ( you need 5000), you should have prepared for the application 5 months before you thought about coming here. It doesn't mater that you have £80000. In your investment ( making a return) account and can access it in a couple of days, don't want any of that....

perfectly set up really.... Existing customers only or TV readers only, wouldn't want anyone just to decide to come here....

47 minutes ago, fullcave said:

You're been brainwashed. Try again. 

I don’t want to be anywhere near budget travelers from China, Russia, and India. Nothing to do with brainwashing.

So, how do they plan on incorporating medical marijuana into the tourist industry? Would the massage/ganga centers be able to bypass the need for a doctor's prescription? Would medical marijuana prescriptions from other countries be accepted? 

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Good point and if he wants to be recognised as a successful high performing minister he needs to up his ideas big big time...

I agree and there is a veritable gold mine ideas and good suggestions here on this forum if they can get over their fear or aversion of criticism.My older brother taught me the even criticism given negatively (which was often his style of delivery) can contain valuable information. Implementing good ideas and policy in government is a tough business and quite often a thankless task,but first one needs to come up with such ideas and policies which is the real test of a politician's skill.     

8 hours ago, Youlike said:

I also have them in my yard and often thought they were the same...are they really the same ones?

I have a photo of the ones I found but I am a bit clueless on how to post it.If you crush the stalks and the top and they bleed are dark blue ink then that how I tell if they are gold tops or blue moonies,if you are not absolutely sure I would be quite wary.

44 minutes ago, nickstav said:

So, how do they plan on incorporating medical marijuana into the tourist industry? Would the massage/ganga centers be able to bypass the need for a doctor's prescription? Would medical marijuana prescriptions from other countries be accepted? 

Just add an amendment to section and clause what ever it is and Bob's your uncle Mary!Or use section 44 even better!Or just do what they normally do and turn a blind eye and let corruption take it's natural course.

My god will the appointment anyone with a brain 

we western tourist 

are looking to come to beautiful Thailand and enjoy 

not be harassed over visas hounded over trying to stay longer I’m talking about genuine tourists I think a big apology to all wester tourists say the Thailand government is sorry for all the adverse comments it made 

that the future of Thailand tourists industry is the Chinese 

and only last week saying it’s now the Indians 

not one motion to western tourists 

please come back we made a big mistake and did not value the importance of western tourists to the Thai economy 

we all know why chinese and Indian 

where made so welcome 

and I am not going to put it into print 

but certain government officials know full well as most of the world know

come on thai government 

stan up and say please western tourists come back you are welcome 

its that easy 

and make sure you mean it 

On 7/19/2019 at 12:34 PM, Mavideol said:

better way to know it's to try 555 once done be so kind and share the experience with us 555

Speak for yourself. I'd rather not share the experience with him thank you very much.

Archived