Passed Thai Driving Licence Test (colour-blindness)

I found the peripheral vision color test difficult. Could see the lights ok and tell they were different colors but that was it. 

In retrospect , as they turn the lights on together and they only use three colors , whatever two colors you say you see you are sure to be at least half right.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

ok i'll give it a go Red flags on load overhangs,red on truck striped signs,green on truck running lights, traffic signs red, yellow, and orange,red no parking road markings,yellow centre lines,blue and red clearway signs. and you should pay particular attention to the flashing blue light behind you. :1zgarz5:

That still doesn't explain why most western countries (maybe all) don't have a colour test for a driving licence.

I went to renew my 5 year license that I got before with help from a friend who knew someone in the office and they had changed out the staff to stop that sort of thing. I have a uk license for 15 years and no accidents or points on it but am colour blind.

I went in and done a quick parking and driving test outside and then went inside and they pulled up the board with colour dots. The thing looked about 20 year old and faded and was in a sunlight room making it worse.

I have zero problem with traffic lights and most colours but some reds and greens I would have to take time. Anyway I got a few wrong and they said sorry can’t give you a new license come back tomorrow and try. Needless to say I never went back. Yet week later I was in a hospital and they had a chart with numbers in the dots on the wall and I got 12/12 .

Since then basically given up driving in this country unless really need to due to something that I find isn’t highly relevant to being able to drive properly nor does a lot of countries with far harder driving tests .

Archived