Ordering from India

dddave

Has anybody here ever ordered a phone from an Indian online retailer using a debit card and had the phone shipped to Thailand?

I am really hot for the Xiaomi K20Pro and AFAIK, it will not hit Thai retail for some time.  It is now on the Indian Market and from what I read, the bands are similar.  Any experiences appreciated.

1 hour ago, dddave said:

Xiaomi K20Pro

1 hour ago, dddave said:

it will not hit Thai retail for some time

Really?

Plenty of " Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro " on Lazada delivered from Bangkok.

8 GB RAM, 256 GB flash, 16899 Baht e.g.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/xiaomi-redmi-k20-pro-8256gb-premium-black-case-1-thaisuperphone-i337538304-s653248300.html

22 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Really?

Plenty of " Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro " on Lazada delivered from Bangkok.

8 GB RAM, 256 GB flash, 16899 Baht e.g.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/xiaomi-redmi-k20-pro-8256gb-premium-black-case-1-thaisuperphone-i337538304-s653248300.html

Thanks for pointing this out.

I saw the K20Pro on Lazada after I wrote the post but I found the sellers information regarding ROM version really confusing.  within the same listing, it says "Global Rom" & "China ROM" In another text area, seller states "This is a China Phone, seller must unpack and install Global Apps"  

If you click on the listing to buy, there is an array of about 8 selection boxes with various RAM and ROM possibilities.  Delving into the Q&A part, it is revealed that choosing 6/128 or 6/256 selects a Global Version, selecting other combos result in China Version.  Just to see what would happen, I added a 6/128 version to my cart.  Again, confusion as the confirmation page said both Global ROM and CHINA ROM.

The whole thing is so totally arcane that I'm just going to leave it alone for a while.  Word is, the Poco F2 may show up in August.  I don't really "need" a new phone now so I'll wait.

27 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

With the steep decline of prices after new release you can't wait long enough :tongue:

Agree that this ROM/Global/China is confusing.

I just checked the link you provided and scrolling down to the boldface Thai text above the spec sheets is the following: (translated by Google Translate)

"Due to the Xiaomi Redmi K20, all sold both in Thailand and overseas, is the model that is produced for sale in China (Chinese Model), so there is no Google Service installed from the manufacturer. (According to Chinese regulations)
In order to avoid problems that users cannot install Google Service on their own / install incorrectly, resulting in damage to the machine / or using files installed from unreliable sources (with latent viruses), the store will provide Convenience for all customers by performing"

Anybody considering this purchase should carefully read this.  It is total China ROM, no Google services installed.  I believe for a buyer to install a Global or EU ROM, they must first get unlock permission from Xiaomi which might possible not be granted as this particular phone was manufactured for China use. If one is successful in side-loading Google services, the phone warranty is voided.

Oly true phone geeks who understand rooting and outside roms should consider this particular listing.

Archived