55" LGTV showing vertical bars

GalaxyMan

Just now, Jai Dee said:

I recall a similar topic in this forum not so long ago... let me go have a look.

Yeah, but that was about whitening around the edges. I remember it, a week or two ago.

Just now, Jan Dietz said:

Did you clean it with fluids? if they leak inside the bottom it can corrode the connectors. 

Usually not really repairable, and replacement (with a better and bigger model) probably cheaper and definitely more satisfying.

Never cleaned it with anything but a dry cloth for dust. This looks like a whole line of pixels just died.

3 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

I only paid 20,000 baht for it, but I can't comprehend a television only working for 2 years. How the world has devolved...Pisses me off to have to buy a new one.

Not sure why you are saying 'only' 20,000, that is a lot and you can find the same much cheaper online. However, avoid LG, Samsung much better quality 

This happened to my TV as well.  It is a problem with the ribbon connector to the screen.  You can find out all the information about this by googling "vertical lines in my TV".  Sometimes can be repaired by cleaning the connector pins with a gum eraser.  If not...new TV time.

Actually the only units I have had issues with were Samsung (2) of them.  No issue with LG/TCL or other Thai made model.

On one Samsung had double image appear and cured that with work on the screen connectors.  Believe this may also cause the white lines (two connections - one for each side - with many connectors and if signal loss an image loss) - that TV still working several years later.  Another Samsung got need to replace screen from service center at greater cost than unit so discarded.  TCL's have worked for a decade.  

@GalaxyMan

The bloke in the shop on the ringroad near Soi 7 maenam might be able to fix that. He's on the landward side. Look for all the fans, washing machines etc outside. I had a similar problem with a Samsung TV and he fixed it for a fraction of what Samsung had quoted locally.

HTH

Archived